PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: Fisichella To Race For Force India

Cozzie
11th January 2008, 07:43
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/1/7248.html

Fisi to drive for the team, Liuzzi to test. Probably the best move they could have made, they have the promising rookie, the veteran race winner and the competitive experienced tester. The perfect ingredients.

In many ways it is sad to see Fisichella's career end up like this as many claimed he would outpace Alonso at Renault...it wasn't to be.

ArrowsFA1
11th January 2008, 08:13
A webcast of the annoucement is on the team website - http://www.forceindiaf1.com/

F1boat
11th January 2008, 08:15
Best luck to Fisi! He may not be a WDC material, but as a proven race winner he deserves some respect. I hope that he will enjoy his time in "Force India"!

Marshall
11th January 2008, 08:18
Great news for the team - two strong drivers.

Hopefully this will allow them to move up the grid.

RS
11th January 2008, 10:30
I fear Fisi may end up struggling against Sutil, but I guess it's good to have some experience there.

A bit disappointed for Klien as he was the fastest in all the shoot-out tests he did.

Anyhow, Force India have my support as a proper, independent constructor.

jens
11th January 2008, 11:40
This is good news for Sutil, not only because he gets an opportunity to learn a lot from an experienced driver, but also now it's at last possible to get an idea, how good he actually is. I think no-one can tell at the moment how good Adrian exactly is and the comparisons with Albers and Yamamoto didn't tell much, but a comparison against a very experienced driver, whose skills and level are more or less known, gives us quite a good view. This is the pairing, whose deeds I'll certainly try to observe closely. Fisichella and Sutil have also shown themselves as good wet weather drivers, so if the rain starts falling, it might be their chance and we might see Force India scoring a few points this year.

As for Fisichella - surely at the moment he looks to have fallen to rock bottom, but as 2003 showed, then maybe he'll get his moment of shine too. 2003 was generally a terrible season for him in one of the worst cars on the grid, but despite that he managed to win his first ever GP that year. Strange things may happen sometimes!

However, I feel sorry to Liuzzi, whose career as a Grand Prix driver in F1 has ended for a while. Only time will tell whether he'll get another chance, but he is another promising driver, whose exact level is quite unknown and I'd like to see him back as a race driver alongside a very good driver in the future.

keysersoze
11th January 2008, 15:05
Feel sorry for Liuzzi? Heck, I feel badly for Klein! Fastest of all testers--IIRC beat Luizzi on consecutive days--yet no drive.

I also feel, like a previous poster said, that Fisichella will have his hands full in dealing with Sutil. Albers was once regarded as a promising driver, and Adrian ended his career in very convincing fashion.

It's a good thing that GF has number one status in the team. I hope he excels like he did when he resurrected his career at Sauber, defeating a less-experienced and somewhat wild Felipe Massa.

jens
11th January 2008, 15:42
Feel sorry for Liuzzi? Heck, I feel badly for Klein! Fastest of all testers--IIRC beat Luizzi on consecutive days--yet no drive.

Klien and Liuzzi never tested on the same day. Klien was just marginally faster than Fisichella, while Liuzzi was clearly faster than R. Schumacher. That is the only comparison between them we can make.

IMO Klien is a bit overrated. Someone, who fails to match a driver like DC, is hardly a serious contender.

If Sutil gets beaten by Fisichella this year, I doubt people would be saying that he is a huge talent and should be given many more chances.

F1boat
12th January 2008, 08:47
Well, Hamilton thinks that Sutil is very fast driver, still, it'd be tough for Fisi if he is beaten again.

12th January 2008, 12:14
I think his career will soon be coming to an end.

Valve Bounce
12th January 2008, 12:49
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/1/7248.html

Fisi to drive for the team, Liuzzi to test. Probably the best move they could have made, they have the promising rookie, the veteran race winner and the competitive experienced tester. The perfect ingredients.

In many ways it is sad to see Fisichella's career end up like this as many claimed he would outpace Alonso at Renault...it wasn't to be.

The perfect ingredients for a great car: http://www.kimatv.com/news/business/13679412.html

SGWilko
12th January 2008, 20:51
The perfect ingredients for a great car: http://www.kimatv.com/news/business/13679412.html

It's a good concept, but only 33HP from 630CC motor, Citroen got 29HP from just 602CC 30 years ago.

Valve Bounce
12th January 2008, 21:33
It's a good concept, but only 33HP from 630CC motor, Citroen got 29HP from just 602CC 30 years ago.

Common man!! this is Force India :(

F1boat
13th January 2008, 09:16
I think his career will soon be coming to an end.

Not to be rough to Fisi, but it is time, I guess. He was considered extremely talented, but Fernando embarrassed him and the fact that he was beaten again in 2007, but Heikki, is not flattering. Now if Sutil defeats him, it'll be humiliating.

Ranger
13th January 2008, 11:16
I think Fisichella should call time after this season.

If he beats Sutil, then he is still a backmarker making up the numbers, and both careers would probably be over, AND will have his pride intact. If he gets fired or beaten by Sutil, on the other hand...

woody2goody
13th January 2008, 15:04
I've been a fan of Fisi for a while now and was as disappointed as anyone when he didn't show his talent at Renault. However before Traction Control came into F1 Giancarlo was one of the fastest drivers so there is no reason in my mind why he cannot beat Sutil.

Sutil is good but if he doesn't stop crashing Liuzzi's career may resume quicker than expected.

keysersoze
13th January 2008, 19:19
Klien and Liuzzi never tested on the same day. Klien was just marginally faster than Fisichella, while Liuzzi was clearly faster than R. Schumacher. That is the only comparison between them we can make.

IMO Klien is a bit overrated. Someone, who fails to match a driver like DC, is hardly a serious contender.

If Sutil gets beaten by Fisichella this year, I doubt people would be saying that he is a huge talent and should be given many more chances.

Well, I suppose I didn't remember it correctly. But he was the fastest at the test, a test that featured two drivers with 9 GP wins between them (Ralf and Giancarlo).

I don't think there was much of a difference between Klein and DC, uh, another driver with a bunch of wins. How many seasons did CK have under his belt at that time? One? Two?

We can hardly call a guy overrated who has been at least even with drivers like DC, GF, Liuzzi, and Ralf. Klein doesn't even have a ride.