PDA

View Full Version : Slowly Sideways back to Ireland

steve davies
9th January 2007, 16:47
It's good for me to be able to say that the Slowly Sideways Group B cars are returning to the stages in Ireland.

The first confirmed event is the International Rally of the Lakes in early May when the cars are due to run the International Course over both days.

In addition an invitation as been received from the Cork 20.

Expect to see RS200, quattros,Maxi Turbo,Lancia 037 Rothmans Porsche etc etc back on Molls Gap after a break of two years.

Steve Davies
http://www.slowlysideways-gb.co.uk

quicksilver
9th January 2007, 18:34
Will be great to see (and hear) them back again! I won a spin in a mazda rx7 at the racecourse in Killarney one year, it was fantastic! :D Hopefully they'llbe at the Cork 20 as well because that and the lakes are my two local ITC rounds! :up:

Vatanen
10th January 2007, 19:18
Great to see them back in Ireland the "Rally of the Lakes" was'nt the save without them. SO Tony will you have davenport as Co Driver again What a great car the Porsche is with that lovely engine note. Also is your SCRS an ex Coleman car? I remember looking at it in Kilarney back in 05 at Parce ferme with Billy's Signature on the wing.When you mention that the cars are running in the International course is it in the same vein as in previous years. With the groub B's running 20mins ahead of the "OO" cars on each stage or something different. On thing for sure Motorsport Ireland is eating humble pie :D
Top marks to the likes of you Tony and the rest of the slowly side ways gang ye provide huge entertainment to fans hope to see ye also in Cork Next October,P.S If John opts out Co Drivng duties next May I'd gladly take his place.

steve davies
11th January 2007, 12:33
Great to see them back in Ireland the "Rally of the Lakes" was'nt the save without them. SO Tony will you have davenport as Co Driver again What a great car the Porsche is with that lovely engine note. Also is your SCRS an ex Coleman car? I remember looking at it in Kilarney back in 05 at Parce ferme with Billy's Signature on the wing.When you mention that the cars are running in the International course is it in the same vein as in previous years. With the groub B's running 20mins ahead of the "OO" cars on each stage or something different. On thing for sure Motorsport Ireland is eating humble pie :D
Top marks to the likes of you Tony and the rest of the slowly side ways gang ye provide huge entertainment to fans hope to see ye also in Cork Next October,P.S If John opts out Co Drivng duties next May I'd gladly take his place.

Thanks for the compliments. I considered it best to give 2005 a miss to allow Motorsport Ireland to consider our representations for integration into Irish rallying. This,for,2007 as received the approval of the Rallies Committee. So expect to see more of us !
Interestingly we do have great support in Ireland for which we are very thankful - but equally ask anyone of the experienced SS team which country, which makes its stages available to us, they love to rally in and you will receive a unanimous IRELAND!

It's me , not Tony, who as the Rothmans Porsche. Difficult to say whether or not Billy used the car or not as identities can get confused. However he did recognise the car when he joined us for a pint or two in Killarney one year.

Similar format in running the rally as previously but maybe with our own 0 car as we have had problems in the past when our leading cars have caught up with the course cars.

John Davenport who in 2004 2005 was a fairly regular co driver with me will be missing for 2007 as he takes up a more admin role in SS Continental.

Steve Davies
http://www.slowlysideways-gb .co.uk