PDA

View Full Version : 2008 BTCC Liveries

tin-top fan
10th January 2008, 12:14
Thought this would be a good time to start this thread, especially now we have this picture:

http://www.touringcarnews.net/news/btcc08011001.jpg

Thanks to touringcartimes.com for the pic

Alfa Fan
10th January 2008, 12:16
I'd be surprised if its stayed like that. Surely Vauxhalls have to be at least partially red?....

Alfa Fan
10th January 2008, 12:37
BTCC.NET has just mentioned that it's a one-off livery.

VX_Rules
10th January 2008, 15:20
The Chavvy Nova boys would be pleased! :P

But nah, please go back to Red, and get rid of the green ad holiday in have gone.

Back to the old school would be good.

cos
10th January 2008, 17:19
Andy Jordan's livery should be revealed at the show this weekend; I'm not sure if there are any others set to be unveiled?

Les
10th January 2008, 21:44
Andrews looks exactly the same as Mike's but with green mirrors and a 'rising star' logo on the window. It is part of the 50years of BTCC display which is excellent

VkmSpouge
11th January 2008, 16:34
A picture of Andrew Jordan's Honda released on BTCC.net:

http://www.btcc.net/images/gallery/lg_3541_ec7b.jpg

SEATFreak
11th January 2008, 16:45
I think this is the TDi version of SEAT's Leon.

What leads me to believe that is I notice theirs a radical change in the front to the one Jase and DT ran last season which is identical to the one Yvan and Gabriele ran for the last few races in the WTCC. Also I notice theirs something new printed on the bonet of the car.

WSRfan82
11th January 2008, 17:03
Andrew Jordan's honda looks ok. ive read that VXR is a one off but i just hope to god it is looks horid and the seat does look difforant in some way just wish they would change the livery a bit as well as im starting to get bored with it

mattie007
11th January 2008, 21:58
My prediction is VXR will run white and red with Neal/Gio and TOC in gold!
Seat do need to change there livery, its very boring!

WSRfan82
16th January 2008, 11:19
why dont seat change there livery so its the same as in the wtcc i think it looks wicked. i dont think seat have ever had a title sponser like the WTCC team since theve been in the btcc

SEATFreak
16th January 2008, 13:25
Seat do need to change there livery, its very boring!

I do agree that they do need changing. But I wouldn't go so far as to say it is boring. Just not very imaginative.

why dont seat change there livery so its the same as in the wtcc i think it looks wicked.

That would be a good idea instead of redesigning a whole new livery pattern and colour scheme. Just import the SEATSport livery into the SEATSport UK cars.

Thommo ran his Leon at the season finale at Silverstone and I felt prouder as a SEAT fan watching his Leon than Darren or Jases'.

I am just concerned at the knock-on effect on the team merchandise. With blue in equal presence to yellow instead of grey would the design of the team merchandise not have to also utilise blue to some degree?

i dont think seat have ever had a title sponser like the WTCC team since theve been in the btcc

I think Silverline would have to be classed as their title sponsor. Their is two positions occupied by the company on the front and one large one along the boot.

Alfa Fan
16th January 2008, 16:40
A title sponsor is one that appears in the teams title, like Team RAC, Team Halfords, not Silverline!!

LiamM
16th January 2008, 16:58
Silverline is also JPs personal sponsor isn't it?

WSRfan82
16th January 2008, 17:25
think yellow and blue would look great on the seats and i know what you mean by prouder to see tommos seat them JP or DT

SEATFreak
16th January 2008, 17:39
A title sponsor is one that appears in the teams title, like Team RAC, Team Halfords, not Silverline!!

Look! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No...it is Alfa Fan's dummy! :laugh:

Such a short temper you seem to have. :(

think yellow and blue would look great on the seats and i know what you mean by prouder to see tommos seat them JP or DT

The WTCC Leon just looks a better and more impressive racer.

WSRfan82
16th January 2008, 17:58
yes it does by miles

WSRfan82
16th January 2008, 18:01

The WTCC Leon just looks a better and more impressive racer.

yes it does

Brown, Jon Brow
17th January 2008, 14:39

No need to start a war! Alfa fan was just correctly correcting your mistake.

Anyways, I'd like to see some blue cars next year, I liked the colour Proctors Blue Civic in 2005 or the 2001 title winning livery on the Astras.

I am evil Homer
17th January 2008, 14:44
His pettiness has reared it's head a few times. Must make him feel special.

The grid is pretty colourfull though...two orange teams, SEAT's livery, VXR etc.

MBailey06
17th January 2008, 15:23
Anyways, I'd like to see some blue cars next year, I liked the colour Proctors Blue Civic in 2005 or the 2001 title winning livery on the Astras.

Perhaps the Robertshaw Lacettis will add a splash of blue to the proceedings?

SEATFreak
17th January 2008, 15:49
Perhaps the Robertshaw Lacettis will add a splash of blue to the proceedings?

If they are anything like the RML Lacettis in the WTCC they should be very nice indeed to look at. RML seem to use a richer tone of blue than Fast-Tec Motortsport used. Especially in the meetings where the sun is shinning brightly. Croft has been very lucky in that respect. I look forward very much to seeing them this year.

Any word yet on the Team AFM with NJL Racing livery? I would personally like to see them run the diesel beemers with asspects of Nick Leason's NJL Racing Lexus IS200 whilst retaining the yellow scheme of AFM from last season as a pose to running the beemers entirely with the yellow they ran with last season.

DazzlaF1
17th January 2008, 17:25
If they are anything like the RML Lacettis in the WTCC they should be very nice indeed to look at. RML seem to use a richer tone of blue than Fast-Tec Motortsport used. Especially in the meetings where the sun is shinning brightly. Croft has been very lucky in that respect. I look forward very much to seeing them this year.

Any word yet on the Team AFM with NJL Racing livery? I would personally like to see them run the diesel beemers with asspects of Nick Leason's NJL Racing Lexus IS200 whilst retaining the yellow scheme of AFM from last season as a pose to running the beemers entirely with the yellow they ran with last [season.

You on about a Yellow and Black livery, that would be very striking :up:

tdb
18th January 2008, 00:08

might be more than 2 cars with a black (or blackish) and yellow livery then?

SEATFreak
18th January 2008, 08:43

Sorry mate. I am mistaken. Sort of. Last year he ran of course an IS200...but of course it was with BTC Racing wasn't it! Silly me. In 2006 it was with NJL that he raced when they were working with Daniels Motorsport; albeir for the final two rounds and albeit in an Astra Coupe and not an IS200.
But even so a signigficant part of the livery Nick raced with when racing with NJL in 2006 was red and white also; except the red was darker and as I recall their was black streaks seperating the red from the white.

So I was thinking about invisiging livery of Team AFM & NJL Racing's two 120d's combining the two teams. Still retaining the yellow of AFM but now adding the same colour scheme of NJL when they raced in 2006 to recognise their part in the team. You never know; might look striking if designed tastefully. Remember B.A.R when they first entered F1? Certainly not like that.

Eurotech
19th January 2008, 23:12
The Astra livery was just the VXR livery from 2003 with the NJL vynals on it - the same as the Andy Neate car from the previous year

VXRacing should bring back the 2004 livery because that was my favourite and it made the 4 year old Astras look brand new again - Not sure that needs to happen with the vectra though (lol).....

Les
20th January 2008, 10:41
this one
http://www.nickleason.co.uk/gallery/2006_BTCC_BH/PICT0038_sml.jpg
I have to say I really liked the red Lexus livery...
http://www.nickleason.co.uk/gallery/2007_Rock/PICT0008_sml.jpg
but not the black one.
I expect Nick's Beemer will be the same colour as Rick's.

Eurotech
22nd January 2008, 19:23
Judging by Les's pic I was wrong about the Livery of the Astra being the same as VXR but do you see where Im coming from???

Eurotech
22nd January 2008, 19:24
The silver wheels realy suit the Astra - Dont u think ???

cos
22nd January 2008, 23:34
If they are anything like the RML Lacettis in the WTCC they should be very nice indeed to look at. RML seem to use a richer tone of blue than Fast-Tec Motortsport used.

Robertshaw plan to keep the Chevvy blue, although obviously with their own decals (hopefully) tastefully done on top...

PDS
23rd January 2008, 00:04
might be more than 2 cars with a black (or blackish) and yellow livery then?
No, just the two!

SEATFreak
23rd January 2008, 11:30
Robertshaw plan to keep the Chevvy blue, although obviously with their own decals (hopefully) tastefully done on top...

Think they will do something similar to Maurer in the WTCC this season?

VkmSpouge
24th January 2008, 20:32
Robertshaw were testing their Chevy with Harry Vaulkhard at Donington Park. They haven't changed anything on the car as far as livery goes. It still has the branding on from the ETC Cup.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1818

peewhee
24th January 2008, 20:36
Just to confirm as cos said earlier, the story says... Vaulkhard is hoping not to change the appearence of the car, keeping as much of the original colour and branding as possible.

Which will obviously be down to whether Chevrolet will let them!

VXRDartford
24th January 2008, 22:45
why would it be down to chevy letting them it is their car they can do what they want with it.

I like the blue just dont think it is that imaginative. Think the seats look good in the yellow and silver. The yellow and blue of the tom corronel car at thruxton did not look that good without the red bull logo