PDA

View Full Version : First pic's of Force India Contender

Tazio
9th January 2008, 16:13
http://www.f1technical.net/news/7927

ioan
9th January 2008, 16:22
Not bad, not at all!

But it seems they ran out of money before building the nose of the car! ;)

SGWilko
9th January 2008, 16:48
Not bad, not at all!

But it seems they ran out of money before building the nose of the car! ;)

No, no. That is planned. Mike Gascoigne will be rolling out the B spec car - complete with nose section, from the start of the European season..... :laugh:

wmcot
9th January 2008, 20:07
Any info on how much modification has been done to the original B-spec Spyker?

ioan
9th January 2008, 21:59
No, no. That is planned. Mike Gascoigne will be rolling out the B spec car - complete with nose section, from the start of the European season..... :laugh:

:rotflmao:

Sleeper
9th January 2008, 22:16
A new livery.

Ranger
9th January 2008, 22:41
*deleted*

ShiftingGears
9th January 2008, 22:44
Red and white, my nemesis!

More distinctive and aesthetically pleasing liveries please!

truefan72
10th January 2008, 18:23
boring livery, too much white, sure to cause mild confusion with toyota on the track.

I would have expected more creativityfrom those guys.
I thought the orange looked nice last year.

V12
10th January 2008, 19:02
Agreed - the colour scheme does nothing for me, particularly compared to the Spyker - IMO the most distinctive and therefore best car for me on the grid last year. Since they've insisted on a national team for the team name why not paint the car in orange, white and green like the Indian flag? Would've been a bit different.

Cozzie
10th January 2008, 22:41
That is true. It's a shame because Jordan-Midland-Spyker have always had some of the most beautiful liveries. From the green-blue in 1991, to the yellow used for a decade (I loved the hornets on the side of the 1998-99 car) and then when Midland ripped off of a McLaren livery and made it look better than the McLaren! I also was impressed with the orange of Spyker but the metallic red on the Force India car is not too bad, but yes there is far too much white.

Ranger
10th January 2008, 22:46
I reckon they should've used more gold from the aldar sponsorship on the side to make it more distinctive. Hopefully they change the livery for next season... if the ownership hasnt changed hands. :D

ten-tenths
11th January 2008, 02:12
not a big fan.. i poop on that livery.. as someone mentioned.. india's national colors would have been distinct.

SGWilko
11th January 2008, 10:36
not a big fan.. i poop on that livery.. as someone mentioned.. india's national colors would have been distinct.

I don't suppose it matters what colour it is if it is an improvement of last year......?

I wonder just how much input sponsors have on the entire look, and how restrictive this can be in coming up something aesthitically pleasing, but also that provides a unique identity - such as Ferrari Crimson, the old Mclaren Marlboro scheme, then the West theme.

The White/Blue/Yellow Canon Williams Honda of old, then the Rothmans livery (not that horrible Winfield scheme), and of course the lovely Jordan Irish green/7UP green, and the dark blue base, that was inspired.....

AndyRAC
11th January 2008, 10:51
I don't suppose it matters what colour it is if it is an improvement of last year......?

I wonder just how much input sponsors have on the entire look, and how restrictive this can be in coming up something aesthitically pleasing, but also that provides a unique identity - such as Ferrari Crimson, the old Mclaren Marlboro scheme, then the West theme.

The White/Blue/Yellow Canon Williams Honda of old, then the Rothmans livery (not that horrible Winfield scheme), and of course the lovely Jordan Irish green/7UP green, and the dark blue base, that was inspired.....

Aah, classic liveries, you can't beat them; Marlboro McLaren especially. Some modern ones are hideous trying to please all the sponsors.

SGWilko
11th January 2008, 11:36
Aah, classic liveries, you can't beat them; Marlboro McLaren especially. Some modern ones are hideous trying to please all the sponsors.

How could I forget the glorious JPS Loti.....

jens
11th January 2008, 11:46
I hoped to see orange and green too. These are colours we are also missing on the grid at the moment (Honda had some green, but they are going to change it...). If the name of the team is clearly nationalistic, then it would be proper to use respective colours too.

dime3
11th January 2008, 15:02
Are we certain the new car isn't the green thing in the background? :D :p

philipbain
13th January 2008, 00:30

I know the chassis is being carried over, that much was made clear when the B-Spec car was introduced last year, obviously the car will need a modified head rest to conform with the 2008 regulations and I would expect that it'll have a revised aero package, even the smaller teams in F1 never stand still on aerodynamics after all!

One thing I remember from the launch of the B-Spec car was Mike Gascoigne saying that it lacked a seamless shift 'box as it had to last 4 races (2008 regs) yet all 3 of the factory teams to release thier cars so far have managed to retain thier seamless / quick shift boxes, so it'll be interesting to see how reliable these are by the 4th weekend they have run.

RJL25
13th January 2008, 01:18
I know the chassis is being carried over, that much was made clear when the B-Spec car was introduced last year, obviously the car will need a modified head rest to conform with the 2008 regulations and I would expect that it'll have a revised aero package, even the smaller teams in F1 never stand still on aerodynamics after all!

One thing I remember from the launch of the B-Spec car was Mike Gascoigne saying that it lacked a seamless shift 'box as it had to last 4 races (2008 regs) yet all 3 of the factory teams to release thier cars so far have managed to retain thier seamless / quick shift boxes, so it'll be interesting to see how reliable these are by the 4th weekend they have run.

that was a cop out by gascoigne, he just doesn't want to admit what everyone else already knows, and thats that the team doesn't have the funds to develop a reliable seemless shift. Even Red Bull with all of their money couldn't do it! How many times did it break last year? 12? something like that...

Lemmy-Boy
14th January 2008, 22:01
The real question is how many races will this livery last until a new owner buys the team? Given the amount of ownership changes the past three years, I'd say less than 20 races. ;)

woody2goody
14th January 2008, 22:59
Shame about the colour scheme. Even though it looks nice on it's own, it will just be confused with all the other cars. Even painting the whole thing in that nice red would have been slightly better. But I agree, definitely some gold or green or SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!! :)

leopard
16th January 2008, 08:04
The real question is how many races will this livery last until a new owner buys the team? Given the amount of ownership changes the past three years, I'd say less than 20 races. ;)
They are supposed to be scrutinized at least until the discourse of building their own track finalized in 2010, longer than any former ownerships. :)