PDA

View Full Version : Best Looking Motorsport game??

AndyRAC
8th January 2008, 22:47
Recently been playing on WRC II ( don't ask why?), and I had forgotten just how good the graphics are. Fantastic scenery, cars look good, the drivers look good. Pity the handling isn't great though. So what are other great loooking games??

racer69
9th January 2008, 07:04
I've been playing WRC2 a fair bit lately as well (tossing up about getting WRC4 off ebay). It's the only one of that series i have, and found it really good fun. A great mix of rallies, 9 stages per event, a really good game.

Alot of the stages seem similiar layout wise though on different rallies (especially all the mountain hairpins...)

LeonBrooke
9th January 2008, 07:44
ToCA 2 for PlayStation is pretty good. It's from the late 90s but it looks good. The damage looks good, and there's enough detail. However, all of the engines, from the Formula Fords, the super touring cars, Jag XJ220s and Lister Storms all sound the same and the handling is very nervous.

AndyRAC
9th January 2008, 08:30
ToCA 2 for PlayStation is pretty good. It's from the late 90s but it looks good. The damage looks good, and there's enough detail. However, all of the engines, from the Formula Fords, the super touring cars, Jag XJ220s and Lister Storms all sound the same and the handling is very nervous.

Weird, I was playing this on Sunday, great game, especially punting other drivers off!!
I'd recommend WRC4, it's worth getting, I got it a year after it came out as a Platinum release for about £10-£12. Shame this series ended after WRC5, the graphics were great, just the handling needed to be tweaked.

LeonBrooke
9th January 2008, 08:47
Another fun thing about ToCA 2 is rolling off the throttle at speed - the engine sounds soooooo nice when you do that.

Nice price for a new game. Problem is I don't have a PlayStation 2 :(

pino
9th January 2008, 09:50
Best looking game is WRC Evolved, unfortunately that is the only positive note about this game :(

MrJan
9th January 2008, 10:26
Any of the recent ones (DIRT, Forza 2, PGR) because the new consoles have amazing graphics, especially when played on HD tv.

Pawprint
9th January 2008, 11:14
Best looking game is WRC Evolved, unfortunately that is the only positive note about this game :(

and the semi-auto Boz. But yeah, that's it :(

306 Cosworth
9th January 2008, 18:20
From what i've seen CMR: DIRT looks to have pretty good graphics, although you can't beat GT4 on PS2 I don't think, GT5 will be awesome on PS3 and HD-TV :D

100%hondafan
16th January 2008, 21:48
dirt graphics are amazing but very arcady
Forza just fantatsic graphics as well as gameplay.

wrc evolved was a greta game i loved the super wrc cars like the ford with 650bhp bhp!! bring it to the xbox!

18th January 2008, 16:05
the formula one championship edition (for the ps3) game looks very good.

AndyRAC
19th January 2008, 23:26

I got this yesterday for £14, as it's a Platinum game. Looks great, in fact it's fantastic looking, but the handling is, er,...interesting. Random handling - chucks you off the road for no apparent reason, can't get my head round that. Not only that the stages are very short.

harvick#1
20th January 2008, 04:44
From what i've seen CMR: DIRT looks to have pretty good graphics, although you can't beat GT4 on PS2 I don't think, GT5 will be awesome on PS3 and HD-TV :D

GT4 was unbelievable, GT5 is just gonna be sick, Forza 2 ain't got nothing one either game.

I just hope GT5 will have La Sarthe :D and their car list so crazy

SubaruNorway
20th January 2008, 12:20
Got the pleasure to play the GT5 demo, looks good :D CMRDirt looks pretty good to but the stages aren't very real looking

UKOG~Will
20th January 2008, 14:40
Either DiRT or Forza, or GT4/5

ready2rock
20th January 2008, 19:01
Race07 is good if you have a high graphics card on your PC

Josti
20th January 2008, 20:29
I got this yesterday for £14, as it's a Platinum game. Looks great, in fact it's fantastic looking, but the handling is, er,...interesting. Random handling - chucks you off the road for no apparent reason, can't get my head round that. Not only that the stages are very short.

A (proper) steering wheel is much recommended for the WRC series, if handling ain't good. From WRC II onwards, the graphics where pretty amazing from this game. I got on until the fourth edition of the game, but haven't really played it in 2 or 3 years. Never played the last edition, but to my opinion the best rally game ever.

Talking about good graphics, of course GT4 (if you can count it as a real motorsport game), though it's a bit dull after a while.

AndyRAC
20th January 2008, 23:03
A (proper) steering wheel is much recommended for the WRC series, if handling ain't good. From WRC II onwards, the graphics where pretty amazing from this game. I got on until the fourth edition of the game, but haven't really played it in 2 or 3 years. Never played the last edition, but to my opinion the best rally game ever.

Talking about good graphics, of course GT4 (if you can count it as a real motorsport game), though it's a bit dull after a while.

Slightly disappointed in WRC5, only 3 stages per Rally and they're short stages, but will carry on with it. After all it was only £14, but I have to admit I'm addicted to WRC II, never liked it when it came out, but I've suddenly got the hang of it. Like the fly through of the stages before it starts. Just started a Championship as Radstrom in the Xsara, and won Monte Carlo!! Definately a game then....Panizzi retired on last stage???

LeonBrooke
28th January 2008, 04:42
I've found a new beautiful motorsport game - GTR. Beautiful-looking, nice handling, incredible realism, and the accidents are good too :up:

Mancinoxvii
28th January 2008, 08:02
I agree, GTR really has some polished CG and weather effects. To me its the best looking new game. Forza 2 has good graphics but in a very conventional way that makes it somewhat boring. Of course I dont care, the physics are top notch.

I really want to see motorsport games with a little more focus on the environment and weather. The environments are still too empty. Things like animated pit crew and some better character animation and injuries a la Flatout 2. And of course the best addition to racing is the easiest, COMMENTARY, every other sports game has it.