PDA

View Full Version : Roush #6

Osella
8th January 2008, 20:20
Having just read that AAA are not renewing their Cup deal with Roush after this season, and the need for the team to reduce to 4 cars, does this represent a good opportunity for Roush to reduce the team to 4 cars and possibly get rid of David Ragan in Cup?

Personally I think Ragan really has to literally double his efforts to stay the season (let alone beyond), especially considering his team-mates performances in their rookie seasons... So if I were Jack Roush, I'd shift McMurray and Irwin to the #6 and quietly move/drop Ragan.

RaceFanStan
8th January 2008, 21:04
Greg Biffle was rumored to be going to RCR's 4th team but Childress couldn't get a full-time sponsor ...
Greg Biffle's contract is up at the end of 2008 & he doesn't appear happy at Roush Racing ...
the "odd-man" out at Roush Racing at the end of 2008 could be Greg Biffle IMO. :s

Kenseth, McMurray & Edwards are contracted with Roush through the end of 2009 ...
so neither of them will be going anywhere else before then.

David Ragan's contract seems to be on a year to year basis & he does need to "pick it up" ...
however David Ragan has an "ace in the hole", his crewchief is Jimmy Fennig ...
a good crewchief can make a car go faster & Jimmy Fennig is a really good crewchief !
IF David Ragan can stay out of accidents this year he could be smiling big at the end of 2008.

Clearly it is down to Greg Biffle & David Ragan as the contenders for the 4th Roush car.
It may come down to who performs the best in 2008 or what kind of a deal from another team is offered to Biffle.

Jonesi
8th January 2008, 21:08
There's a question on the cut down point to four teams. Nascar says end of '08 since Roush told them he had sponsor & driver deals through then. Ford & Roush now say his deal with Ford was for 5 teams through '09. Either way, who's he going to sell the team to? The two most likely buyers Yates & R Gordon don't have the money.
Ragan and Biffle are only signed through '08. Best deal all around might be if Biffle and one of the crew chiefs wanted to start their own team.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
9th January 2008, 10:12
id drop Regan. i havent seen anything from him that makes me think he can cut it at cup level. i guess we'll see this year.