PDA

View Full Version : CMR2 BRC Calendar 2008

Exhausted
6th January 2008, 22:12
The calendar of the 2008 CMR2 British Rally Championship is here!

18-19 April - Pirelli International Rally
In-game rally: Greece Expert level

24-25 May – Jim Clark International Rally
In-game rally: France Expert level

17-19 July – Isle of Man International Rally
In-game rally: Italy Expert level

22-23 August – Ulster International Rally
In-game rally: France (M) Expert level

27 September – International Rally Yorkshire
In-game rally: Finland Expert level

28-30 November – Wales Rally GB
In-game rally: UK

Check out the official homepage of the championship here:
http://jtl-media.com/rally/cmr2brc.html

Rat
7th January 2008, 10:54
mmm it's going to be a busy year again...WRC & BRC..

UKOG~Will
7th January 2008, 17:16
Right I'm up for this like last year. See you there....

Exhausted
7th January 2008, 17:35
mmm it's going to be a busy year again...WRC & BRC..

Yep! Good thing that the BRC races are short and sweet! (sorry 'bout the shameless plug!) :D

steve0302
7th January 2008, 19:05
hi all
I'll be entering into the BRC as well.
Looks like its gonna be interesting running in WRC and BRC.
Looking forward to it tho even tho its my first season.

Exhausted
7th January 2008, 20:14
You'd be more than welcome!!

Pawprint
7th January 2008, 21:22
hi all
I'll be entering into the BRC as well.
Looks like its gonna be interesting running in WRC and BRC.
Looking forward to it tho even tho its my first season.

I'll say all that too :D

Frozzy
8th January 2008, 13:30
hmm looks like i will be participating in the BRC as well as a full wrc attack

tannat
13th January 2008, 23:21
I may find funding to do selected rounds.......

Frozzy
14th January 2008, 09:29
hmm looks like i will be participating in the BRC as well as a full wrc attack
i may have to only participate in selected events as well depending on how my main Wrc campaign goes

Rat
14th January 2008, 11:04
Pawprint, It looks like we may have a chance this year. After reading some of these posts, some entrants are doing selected rounds only. We have to do all rounds to get the points need to win...

UKOG~Will
14th January 2008, 20:09
And on that note I'll confirm a full season

Pawprint
14th January 2008, 21:57
Pawprint, It looks like we may have a chance this year. After reading some of these posts, some entrants are doing selected rounds only. We have to do all rounds to get the points need to win...

Great! I'm in (hopefully I'll get time. Seeing some results in the WRC may prioritise either series).

Rat
19th January 2008, 10:09
That's ok, i'll be doing all rounds of the WRC & BRC. I need the fun time anyway...

kabouter
19th January 2008, 16:45
I might do some BRC events as well in preparation for the challenges of the WRC, all time permitting of course. I don't know if the other half of Curtans RallyBase Motorsport is going to join me but judging from his comments in the WRC thread he could use the practice as well ;)

pettersolberg29
8th March 2008, 11:47
I'll be entering for my first full season in the BRC, as well as my entry in the WRC.

Do we need to get in doubles like in the WRC, or are we all privateers? And do we PM to enter, or is this entry enough?

JTLarsen
8th March 2008, 14:50
Do we need to get in doubles like in the WRC, or are we all privateers? And do we PM to enter, or is this entry enough?

Hi and welcome to the championship!

There is no teams-championship in this years BRC, but the WRC teams would be welcome to enter.

All you have to do to enter is to submit a timecard before the deadline of the Rally you want to participate in.

pettersolberg29
8th March 2008, 18:13
Does that mean we can change cars throughout the season, if we aren't in a pre-selected team?

JTLarsen
8th March 2008, 20:52
Does that mean we can change cars throughout the season, if we aren't in a pre-selected team?

Yep! (no Groub B though) :D

pettersolberg29
9th March 2008, 12:06
Brilliant! I'm ready to tackle the Pirelli International in a 307!

JTLarsen
9th March 2008, 12:12
Brilliant! I'm ready to tackle the Pirelli International in a 307!

Good choice! :D

UKOG~Will
9th March 2008, 13:12
Impreza ftw

Frozzy
9th March 2008, 14:57
well i will be entering with a ford focus this time :D

tannat
10th March 2008, 22:13
PRESS RELEASE:

Mitsubishi Motors annouced today a full works effort in the 2008 BRC, perhaps culminating in a 2009 WRC effort. In a complex deal Mitsubishi Motor's
Competition arm-Ralliart was able to strike a deal with Suzuki Motorsports to secure the talents of driver Tannat.

"For certain this will be a busy year for us as our primary obligation is to Suzuki Motorsports. However, we hope to make a positive contribution to Mitsubishi's efforts this year in the BRC and, perhaps help elevate them to the WRC for 2009."

Ralliart was recently spied testing in Corsica in preparation for the tarmac events in this year's BRC:

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh15/tannatmadiran/FranceTest-1.jpg

jso1985
10th March 2008, 22:23
PRESS RELASE:

"After lots of negotiation time and talks with sponsors, Citro๋n Total Sport have decided to show up for the two first rounds of the BRC, coming with the all new C4 WRC car and exciting driver Jso1985"
"Right now the team is really busy and concentrated on the WRC programme so they can't guarentee me to give a car for a full season on the BRC, still I have 2 chances to show them I'm worth a full season, so I guess it's up to me now!" stated the Bolivian driver

I am evil Homer
11th March 2008, 09:10
Team manager called last night to ask about the BRC...looks like both C4s will be in attendancde :D

pettersolberg29
11th March 2008, 18:38
PRESS RELEASE:

Subaru works team driver ps29 will abandon ARB Racers at certain points during the season to ensure a productive season in the BRC is completed, and to improve ps29's chances for the 2009 WRC crown. Expert Sport WRT have snapped him up to drive a prepared ex-Henning Solberg Peugeot 307.

"We are pleased to aid ps29 in his quest for BRC and WRC glory. Wins are not a realistic podiums, but we are hoping for one top 5 finish this year - we know he'll be strong in Yorkshire especially," Expert Sport WRT said.

ps29 was unable to comment but was quoted to be 'ecstatic' after he completed his first test in his 307 in Finland, seen below:

UKOG~Will
11th March 2008, 22:03
That's a awesome livery, where'd you get that?

pettersolberg29
11th March 2008, 22:30
its just been added to colinmcrae.110mb website after i specifically asked for it!
its great imo!

Frozzy
12th March 2008, 10:41
PRESS RELEASE: with a late deal rising star Frozzy has secured a 3 event deal with an ex Dom Buckley IRS prepared Stabart focus for the BRC championship "We're really pleased we able to compete on the jim clark our home event however beyond those 3 events we have no idea it depends on results and how our WRC campign is going really"