PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of buying DVD-boxes

janneppi
5th January 2008, 12:18
If they just air the show on TV the next day.
I bought the first season of Stargåte on Thusrday and today I noticed that the good folks at SubTV begin airing it on saturday nights, there's 40Eur down the drain. Same bloody thing happened with Falty Towers, I had just watched the last episode when the next they begfan showing it. It's a bleeding conspiracy I tell you, they're out to ruin the small joys I have left in life.

Gaah!

Daniel
5th January 2008, 13:08
You watch Stargate? :eek: MacGyver is better :p

janneppi
5th January 2008, 13:11
It is better only because I saw it first as kid, but in Stargåte MacGyver shoots people. ;)
And I also watch MacGyver from the same channel. Infact, it's on in two hours :p :

Mark
5th January 2008, 15:40
Considering Fawlty Towers is about 30 years old I'm not quite sure what you were expecting.

A.F.F.
5th January 2008, 15:47
I bought the first season of Stargåte on Thusrday and today I noticed that the good folks at SubTV begin airing it on saturday nights, there's 40Eur down the drain. Same bloody thing happened with Falty Towers, I had just watched the last episode when the next they begfan showing it. It's a bleeding conspiracy I tell you, they're out to ruin the small joys I have left in life.

Gaah!

Let's see.... Stargate, Falty Towers and cycling. You're right, those are pretty small joys you have.

EDIT: Considering you rip out the fun by saying Stargåte :D :up:

Daniel
5th January 2008, 15:53
It is better only because I saw it first as kid, but in Stargåte MacGyver shoots people. ;)
And I also watch MacGyver from the same channel. Infact, it's on in two hours :p :

Yeah but in Stargate he can't build a thermonuclear device out of a pipe cleaner, some salt and a rubber band.

janneppi
5th January 2008, 17:02
Considering Fawlty Towers is about 30 years old I'm not quite sure what you were expecting.
I wasn't expengting them to show the series week after I had watched the last episode. :(
They hadn't shown it here on tv for years until now.

janneppi
5th January 2008, 17:06
Yeah but in Stargate he can't build a thermonuclear device out of a pipe cleaner, some salt and a rubber band.

He doesn't have to, they have those in the storage already. :p :

Daniel
5th January 2008, 17:07
He doesn't have to, they have those in the storage already. :p :
It's always more satisfying when you make your own though.

I saw an episode of MacGyver the other day. He defused a bomb partly by using a neon sign and a bit of gum. I switched off then :mark:

janneppi
5th January 2008, 17:11
Let's see.... Stargate, Falty Towers and cycling. You're right, those are pretty small joys you have.

It's not really the size of the joy, it's density of them that matters.

EDIT: Considering you rip out the fun by saying Stargåte :D :up:
That is how the title is spelled in the show, altough my pronunciation of it might be more Swedish than English. :p :

Hazell B
5th January 2008, 18:02
I've noticed the month after prices fall on film DVD's they start to appear on the channels like Film 4 as part of the regular rotation. Annoying.

Bought Blow a few weeks ago and got home to find it on TV that very night - first showing in about four years :mark:

A.F.F.
5th January 2008, 18:43
I've noticed the month after prices fall on film DVD's they start to appear on the channels like Film 4 as part of the regular rotation. Annoying.

Bought Blow a few weeks ago and got home to find it on TV that very night - first showing in about four years :mark:

But isn't Blow good to have in your DVD collection. Like Pirates of the Caribbean, Once Upon Time in Mexico, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Secret Window, From hell, Chocolat, Donnie Brasco, Platoon, Benny&June, and What's Eating Gilbert Grape ;)

LeonBrooke
5th January 2008, 22:15
But isn't Blow good to have in your DVD collection. Like Pirates of the Caribbean, Once Upon Time in Mexico, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Secret Window, From hell, Chocolat, Donnie Brasco, Platoon, Benny&June, and What's Eating Gilbert Grape ;)

You forgot Bend it Like Beckham and 2001: a Space Oddessy.

I bought all the series of Babylon 5 over about a year and a half ($600 all together!) and have just started finding them in shops for a third the price...

Valve Bounce
5th January 2008, 22:37

Gaah!

Have you watched The Eagle (Omren I think) and Unit 1 ?

A.F.F.
6th January 2008, 06:22
You forgot Bend it Like Beckham and 2001: a Space Oddessy.

No I didn't. Neither one of them doesn't have Johnny Depp in it. :)

LeonBrooke
6th January 2008, 06:33
Yes, but 2001 is really cool and Bend it Like Beckham has Keira Knightley ;)

A.F.F.
6th January 2008, 06:36
Yes, but 2001 is really cool and Bend it Like Beckham has Keira Knightley ;)

Of course you're right about both cases :D :up: