PDA

View Full Version : Tomas Scheckter

irvinefan
4th January 2008, 22:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pErV6ux-O5Y

After seeing the above video, I was wondering where you think the guy will end up next year?

ACTF_ZETT
9th January 2008, 22:47

5 DNFs
2 top 5s
0 poles

Takes a lot of unnecessary risks to possibly wreck his own car as well as others to gain spots on restarts, then gives the spots right back because he cannot run consistant lap times.

I would not want him driving my car. Penske did not want him driving his.

mark123
10th January 2008, 02:42
its hard to argue with those numbers

Scheckterfan54
10th January 2008, 06:10
Couldnt avoid responding to this one. Of those 5 dnf's, 3 of which were accidents. Those numbers are also a little distorted, last year, we saw the resurgance of AGR. AGR=4 cars, Penske=2, Ginassi=2...with all of these super teams and Scheckter being on Vision(which is still building), you must include the fact that he also had 9 top 10 finishes. Also top finisher on vision(2 spots ahead in points vs. Carpenter) Just thought I would add that little tidbit.

DanicaFan
10th January 2008, 12:51
I would like to see him back. I think he can always be a good contender in a race.

mark123
10th January 2008, 20:03
crashes??? is that not what the post was refering to so that is no defence. also, there were a couple of good drives from small teams (Manning / RHR / Sharp).

Cass
14th January 2008, 22:06
Schecker is too aggressive and crashes all to often. On ovals he should take a page from Marco Andretti and retire with "handling problems" more often.

Amazing that his dad was not able to teach him that one important lesson - in order to finish first, first you must finish. The lesson he learned must've been lost in translation - first you must finish off your equipment?????

Alexamateo
1st February 2008, 14:49
Today's Indy Star is reporting Scheckter will drive a partial schedule for Jay Penske and Luzco Dragon.

They are going to run Kansas and Indy of course with at least one more race later this year. Good news for all Tomas' fans out there in what is essentially a Penske Satellite effort. Ryan Briscoe finished 5th at Indy last year for Luzco, and of course now he's driving for Penske.

MAX_THRUST
1st February 2008, 15:20
I think Thomas is an asset to the IRL. He's just in a slow not very well set up car..........

tcsparky
1st February 2008, 15:48
I think I read that Jay Penske said there will be more details next week. If it is a limited schedule, I'm hoping it would be most, if not all the the oval races.

Alexamateo
15th February 2008, 20:35
http://www.sunherald.com/447/story/373492.html

Tomas officially announced now for 3 races, Kansas, Indy and Infineon. :up: