PDA

View Full Version : This year's BTCC coverage?

Lunaboy
3rd January 2008, 21:50
Hi, first a cool 2008 for everyone from Belgium!

Who's doing the live coverage this year and what can we expect to see because i didn't see anything last year since Motors Tv didn't show anything...

Was the coverage on Itv like the one on Motors Tv?

I have Itv on my dish now so hope to see some action.
I miss the coverage on Motors Tv so much with all support races, i just would give anything to have my sunday's with a lot of live racing back...

Btcc is the best Touring Car Championship in the world!

CroftPilgrim
4th January 2008, 13:28
Hi, first a cool 2008 for everyone from Belgium!

Who's doing the live coverage this year and what can we expect to see because i didn't see anything last year since Motors Tv didn't show anything...

Was the coverage on Itv like the one on Motors Tv?

I have Itv on my dish now so hope to see some action.
I miss the coverage on Motors Tv so much with all support races, i just would give anything to have my sunday's with a lot of live racing back...

Btcc is the best Touring Car Championship in the world!

Live coverage was on Setanta Sports in the UK last year - BTCC + supports.

ITV showed the last race live plus highlights of the first two. They were also showing the full races on ITV4. there was the occasional support race but not much else.

This year is still to be confirmed

MAX_THRUST
4th January 2008, 16:01
I hope the boys at TOCA are listening???

GO BACK TO LIVE COVERAGE ON MOTORS TV PLEASE!!!!!!

I aint paying to watch it on Sentatnatnannatannenanta what ever the bloody channel is called.

Motors did a great job for years and should be rewarded with another season. Meanwhile the fans are over the moon to watch it and more people will watch. I really missed the Clio's, Toledo's and F BMW in 07.

Marc W
4th January 2008, 17:42
Unfortunately I think it was more a case of Motors not wanting to show it anymore rather than TOCA taking it away.

PDS
4th January 2008, 20:47
Before everyone starts whinging about what we had, what we missed, what we will get, and any other picky complaints... lets wait for TOCA to tell you what they have planned for this year!

I'm sure they will tell us soon what tv coverage we will get!

Let's face it. They have already decided what they are going to do. No one here is going to get them to change their mind... Accept it!

RaikkonenRules
4th January 2008, 23:08
Hope ITV improve their coverage this year. It was awful in 2007.

Lunaboy
5th January 2008, 17:34
Right, my mistake, it was Setanta...

So if i understand right Setanta is a pay-channel?
And Itv4, is this a free to air channel?

BM
6th January 2008, 01:17
Right, my mistake, it was Setanta...

So if i understand right Setanta is a pay-channel?
And Itv4, is this a free to air channel?

Correct.

Don't we hear this every year?

I hope the boys at TOCA are listening???

GO BACK TO LIVE COVERAGE ON MOTORS TV PLEASE!!!!!!

I aint paying to watch it on Sentatnatnannatannenanta what ever the bloody channel is called.

Motors did a great job for years and should be rewarded with another season. Meanwhile the fans are over the moon to watch it and more people will watch. I really missed the Clio's, Toledo's and F BMW in 07.

Actually, Setanta costs less than Motors.

Setanta: Freeview, Satellite (excluding dish/box c£150), Virgin Media: £10/month
Motors TV: Not on freeview; On Sky, min £16/month (only 1 'mix'); Supposedly on Virgin Media in some areas in the XL package - £9/month dearer.

So basically it's cheaper and more people can get it.

PS. It seems Motors was so good it tricked you into watching a fictional series! ;)

SEATFreak
6th January 2008, 14:28

When are ITV going to announce the schedule? Does anyone know?

VXR-4-Eva
8th January 2008, 19:36
The ITV Coverage was CRRRRAAAAPPP this year - remember for the first half of 2007 the btcc was only shown on ITV4 and on ITV1 at about midnight for half an hour.

It was the same story with WRC...

maybe ITV has something against all motorsports apart from F1 & BSB...

thetrooper_uk
9th January 2008, 16:12
The ITV Coverage was CRRRRAAAAPPP this year - remember for the first half of 2007 the btcc was only shown on ITV4 and on ITV1 at about midnight for half an hour.

It was the same story with WRC...

maybe ITV has something against all motorsports apart from F1 & BSB...
Why are you complaining about it as you don't pay to watch it. If it was on sky then fair enough moan if it was crap. Once you start paying for it then you can say stuff like that until then be grateful that your getting it for free. Some is better than none at all. :o

Chrism
15th January 2008, 17:11
the wrc is going to be on dave so you never know weather they will show the BTCC or not

LiamM
15th January 2008, 17:37
the wrc is going to be on dave so you never know weather they will show the BTCC or not

But the WRC was resigned to ITV4 all season and only an hours highlight package of 3 days worth of Rally.

The BTCCs coverage is much more substantial than that

MAX_THRUST
17th January 2008, 17:19
Which was the fictional series????

Motors TV on SKy works out cheap because i get the filthy minxs on the 900 channels free, and all the other channels that I never watch for free.................Why exactly do I have sky again???

Oh yeah because I can't get free view, don't have cable where I live, as they have not yet been invented.

SEATFreak
17th January 2008, 17:56
Some is better than none at all. :o

I am thankful for any coverage I get. As much as this idea seemed to go out with the dinosours to some obviously, my household, like probably a fair percentage still, do not have the income support SKY long term.

It is just lucky I am into the SCC because to add to any highlights shows I hope C4 will continue to show of the WTCC this year and ITV's coverage of the BTCC I will have available to record on my DVD player Motorsport UK.

Because without their respective coverages I would have squat.

30th January 2008, 12:51
Here's what i posted on another thread...

According to the ITV schedule people NONE of the BTCC will be on ITV 1 - the plan is that the show will open with a BTCC race at around 12.30 pm on ITV 4 and run through the afternoon with all three of the BTCC races shown live. Some of the support races will be fitted in around the 'main event' as best as they can either live or recorded from earlier on raceday. Clearly the support series will NOT get the extensive live coverage of previous years.

Live coverage of other sporting events may interrupt the afternoon - the Tour De France is one example - this means on those weekends BTCC race 3 will be pushed later in the day perhaps even to the last event - starting as late as 5.30pm where track curfews allow.

I've checked and according to BTCC regulations the minimum time between their races is 90 minutes.

There's no Setanta or Motors TV live coverage of the support series but they do get a show on ITV 4 on a Tuesday early evening repeated the same night around 11.30 on ITV1

JAS