PDA

View Full Version : surtees sponsorship

anthony
2nd January 2008, 08:37
which sponsorship deal did bernard de dryver bring to surtees grand prix team years ago

ArrowsFA1
2nd January 2008, 09:12
Can't help I'm afraid :dozey: I vaguely remember him competing in the British Aurora F1 series in the late 70's with a Fittipaldi.

2nd January 2008, 12:52
Sarome. They are a Japanese cigarette lighter manufacturer.

http://www.sarome-canada.com/

It wasn't Surtees though....it was a March 761. De Dryver never drove for Surtees.

anthony
3rd January 2008, 17:44
i do believe he drove a f2 car in the 70s for surtees

ArrowsFA1
4th January 2008, 08:32
He raced the Bang & Olufsen Team Michel Vaillant March in F2 during 1975, a Van Hool (whatever car that was!) and a March for the same team in 1976.

D-Type
4th January 2008, 13:49
Is the poster looking for answers to a quiz perchance?

ArrowsFA1
4th January 2008, 14:30
Possibly :dozey:

4th January 2008, 18:20
Is the poster looking for answers to a quiz perchance?

Well, if he is, then he could try 'google'. I found the answer in about 2 minutes.

anthony
5th January 2008, 07:17
yes it is a quiz question and have been looking on google with no joy.any help would be good,i just need to know what sponsorship he took to surtees whether he drove for them or not many thanks

Osella
6th January 2008, 22:15
a Van Hool (whatever car that was!)

Van Hool are a (literally) coachbuilder. Most of their buses are Volvo-based, and the company is Belgian. I didn't know they were involved in racing that long ago, but Mikke Van Hool was the boss of Astromega racing in F3000 until the end of that series. Not sure what Astromega are doing these days though.. As far as I am aware, the Van Hool money was used to get the team established, so there's been a long history of Van Hool in racing ;)

anthony
8th January 2008, 21:08
i am still strugling to find answer i do know now it is not sarome

anthony
11th January 2008, 06:31
thanks for everyones help the answer was bang olufsen thanks again

Erki
20th January 2008, 14:59
Van Hool are a (literally) coachbuilder. Most of their buses are Volvo-based, and the company is Belgian. I didn't know they were involved in racing that long ago, but Mikke Van Hool was the boss of Astromega racing in F3000 until the end of that series. Not sure what Astromega are doing these days though.. As far as I am aware, the Van Hool money was used to get the team established, so there's been a long history of Van Hool in racing ;)

Judging by their website, Astromega is now competing in Euro F3000 and running the Chinese A1GP team.