PDA

View Full Version : I am legend

Mark
31st December 2007, 22:26
I saw this film a couple of days ago. Wondering what everyone else thought of it?

L5->R5/CR
31st December 2007, 22:30
It was entertaining...

The movie Juno is brilliance though...

Valve Bounce
1st January 2008, 01:01
I saw this film a couple of days ago. Wondering what everyone else thought of it?

Could we have a LINK PLEASE!!

veeten
1st January 2008, 02:08
ask and ye shall receive... :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/

LeonBrooke
1st January 2008, 05:09
I read the book when I was about eight years old, and really loved it. I can't remember much now, but from the trailers it looks like the movie is completely different. I'll see it when it comes out here (I don't think it has yet...)

jim mcglinchey
1st January 2008, 10:37
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Omega-Man-Charlton-Heston/dp/B0000AISJU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1199183723&sr=1-1

I always loved this version with Chuck Heston.

sal
2nd January 2008, 14:08
Seeing the aerial shots of a deserted Manhattan and the lovely burble of the Shelby Mustang racin through the steets at the start were worth the entrance fee alone.

Liked the sudden changes between action and relative calm and despite a bit of preaching and Will Smith showing his abs off I thought it was great entertainment.

When will Hollywood stop using Brits as the villains though? Guess it's so they can use the pretence that the USA always sorts out our wrongs!

SpeedRules
2nd January 2008, 18:25
an awesome film would just be Will Smith and the dog just discovering an abandoned new yorok for 2 hours. id pay to see that.

Daniel
3rd January 2008, 11:20
It has Will Smith in it therefore it is crap.

Mark
3rd January 2008, 11:25
I've just read a synopsis of the plot of the book and think it would have made a much better film if they had stuck to it. In fact it's so different I'm surprised they were allowed to use the same name.

A.F.F.
3rd January 2008, 13:54
The funny thing, as usual, is that critics all over the world have crushed it. Hence the box office figures are amazing. :)

I'll wait for DVD.

Storm
3rd January 2008, 16:17
It has Will Smith in it therefore it is crap.
I agree.

CNN ran a story about how he is the world's #1 film star...wtf ?

Azumanga Davo
4th January 2008, 06:38
When will Hollywood stop using Brits as the villains though? Guess it's so they can use the pretence that the USA always sorts out our wrongs!

I hope it never happens, to be honest...

"I'll get you, Sir Ian McKellen...!" :D

Rollo
4th January 2008, 07:38
Based purely on the title, this is a film about me... I am Legend.

That is, I'm a little guide on the side of your road map that tells you what hospitals, roundabouts, schools, churches, parks, rivers and motorways look like.

Coat please