PDA

View Full Version : Webber: Alonso won't win third title in 2008.

CNR
25th December 2007, 00:15
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/24122007/23/webber-alonso-won-t-win-third-title-2008.html

"There were too many complications though. It makes it hard for the fans to understand how it all works. It would be better to just fill up with fuel, go to the track and whoever is fastest wins. Unfortunately though, it isn't that easy [in F1],"

Valve Bounce
25th December 2007, 00:46
I think Mark probably sums up the feelings of many here, including myself. Besides, I find it difficult to think of anyone who would take the title from Kimi next year.

ClarkFan
26th December 2007, 00:50
We'll see. I would not be at all surprised to see FA as "the best of the rest" after Ferrari, and if Ferrari gets its design wrong, who knows?

Renault was close to BMW last year with a career mid-fielder as team leader and a rookie. McLaren will be hampered in car development and is featuring two relatively inexperienced drivers. I suspcct they will struggle in 2008 and not repeat their 2007 form. So it is not hard to see Fernando bringing up Renault up to #2 slot.

But Ferrari will have to have 2005-style problems for him to be a realistic candidate for WDC.

ClarkFan

gloomyDAY
26th December 2007, 01:13
Mark is right for the most part. Renault will probably be more competitive next year. Having Alonso onboard is a great help, but the WDC is going to Kimi.

Too bad Webber will never win a WDC himself.

leopard
26th December 2007, 03:02
Webber could be somewhat a trusted source of opinion about Renault considering he has experience driving it and being surprised of himself how FA won the titles in that slow car while he couldn't be anywhere near at the front. :( :)

Valve Bounce
26th December 2007, 03:26
Webber could be somewhat a trusted source of opinion about Renault considering he has experience driving it and being surprised of himself how FA won the titles in that slow car while he couldn't be anywhere near at the front. :( :)

Did Mark race in the same car as Fernando? :confused:

leopard
26th December 2007, 08:33
Did Mark race in the same car as Fernando? :confused:
thought you already knew that.

Donney
26th December 2007, 08:59
I think no one really expects Alonso to win the title in 2008.

Valve Bounce
26th December 2007, 09:56
thought you already knew that.

No!! when did they race the same car? :confused:

leopard
26th December 2007, 10:00
No!! when did they race the same car? :confused: What car Redbull ran this year? I don't know exactly.

Azumanga Davo
26th December 2007, 10:43
Not much better at opinions than driving is Webber.

These things are hard to judge in the off-season. I say wait after the first two races at least before putting boot in mouth... ;)

SGWilko
26th December 2007, 20:20
What car Redbull ran this year? I don't know exactly.

Que? And Alonso was in the McLaren this year. So not same car, or engine for that matter......?

But RBR chassis was a little different to the Renault. Well, I certainly hope so.

Valve Bounce
26th December 2007, 21:40
What car Redbull ran this year? I don't know exactly.
I don't remember Fernando driving a Red Bull. Whatever you're smoking, it appears all that stuff that was confiscated from Schapelle wasn't burnt off after all.

wmcot
26th December 2007, 23:47
Like every year, it all depends on who gets their car design right and who misses the mark (no pun intended.)

Valve Bounce
27th December 2007, 00:15
I certainly would not bet against Ferrari's Kimi next year. I'd love to know what odds the bookmakers will be offering.

Tazio
27th December 2007, 00:23
Not much better at opinions than driving is Webber.

These things are hard to judge in the off-season. I say wait after the first two races at least before putting boot in mouth... ;)
That's right.......
If I had to make a bet right now I would put my money on Kimi, then Massa, or LH. But I don't.
I wouldn't sell Fred short either!

ioan
27th December 2007, 00:53
What is predicting Mr. Webber about himself???
He surely should be more concerned about his own chances than those of Alonso. :rolleyes:

ShiftingGears
27th December 2007, 01:04
What is predicting Mr. Webber about himself???
He surely should be more concerned about his own chances than those of Alonso. :rolleyes:

I'm sure he is.

leopard
27th December 2007, 02:48
I don't remember Fernando driving a Red Bull. Whatever you're smoking, it appears all that stuff that was confiscated from Schapelle wasn't burnt off after all.

My post was actually an allusion that in what capacity Webber has made such assessment on Alonso's chance for 2008. Such comment would be more acknowledgeable came from Schumi who did constantly fight for the title and the first podium of every race against Alonso.

Currently I change my cigar to A-mild that has less disadvantage. :)

Valve Bounce
27th December 2007, 03:52
My post was actually an allusion that in what capacity Webber has made such assessment on Alonso's chance for 2008. Such comment would be more acknowledgeable came from Schumi who did constantly fight for the title and the first podium of every race against Alonso.

Currently I change my cigar to A-mild that has less disadvantage. :)

Give it away - live longer.

leopard
27th December 2007, 03:58
Give it away - live longer.
True, I'd believe those whose mental attitude is health live longer. :up:

Valve Bounce
27th December 2007, 04:01
True, I'd believe those whose mental attitude is health live longer. :up:

Keep smoking and you may end up with horrible and serious health problems.

leopard
27th December 2007, 04:14
Keep smoking and you may end up with horrible and serious health problems.

Being paranoid will never give anyone feels great with this life, which unluckily found some around where do I live.

True, to keep the body fit is important, to keep our mental health is more important. My consumption of cigar is still far from dangerous level, I have to spend more money to get more danger from smoking, it's expensive. :laugh:

samuratt
27th December 2007, 14:19
I think no one really expects Alonso to win the title in 2008.
For once not even himself!!!! :)

But i am sure T5 (spanish tv channel) does think he will do!

I hope he can at least put a fight against the Ferraris, cause i do not see Mclaren doing it.

millencolin
27th December 2007, 14:44
what i love about webber, besides being an australian, is that he is not afraid to say what he thinks. I have to agree with him cause i cannot see fernando winning next years title. First off, renault have to pull their heads out of their own arses and design a race winning car once again. then Fernando has to drop his 'i'm the best' ego and start thinking about driving because atm, there are two drivers out there who are better then him (although i like to think there are three drivers that are better than fernando... Go MW!)

markabilly
27th December 2007, 15:23
Webber: Alonso will not win a third title in 2008

Alonso: Webber will not win his first victory in 2008

CNR
28th December 2007, 02:28
Webber: Alonso will not win a third title in 2008

Alonso: Webber will not win his first victory in 2008

you mised the point of this post

"It makes it hard for the fans to understand how it all works. It would be better to just fill up with fuel, go to the track and whoever is fastest wins. Unfortunately though, it isn't that easy [in F1],"

Team orders in f1
Let the fastest car win not the driver in the team with more points.

one more thing
Renault (http://www.formula1.com/results/team/2006/2897.html) 206in 2006

and 51 in 2007 or 1/4 of the points

WRCfan
30th December 2007, 02:13
Webber comes last he wouldn't know whats happening at the front they are too far ahead of him....

leopard
31st December 2007, 04:26
what i love about webber, besides being an australian, is that he is not afraid to say what he thinks.
He said early this season that Fernando was still the guy to beat, this comment is really a surprise, he used to be afraid to look down on others ...

I have to agree with him cause i cannot see fernando winning next years title. First off, renault have to pull their heads out of their own arses and design a race winning car once again. then Fernando has to drop his 'i'm the best' ego and start thinking about driving because atm, there are two drivers out there who are better then him (although i like to think there are three drivers that are better than fernando... Go MW!)
I don't know the rest, but one of them must be the new Fernando's teammate.

Valve Bounce
31st December 2007, 04:33
what i love about webber, besides being an australian, is that he is not afraid to say what he thinks. I have to agree with him cause i cannot see fernando winning next years title. First off, renault have to pull their heads out of their own arses and design a race winning car once again. then Fernando has to drop his 'i'm the best' ego and start thinking about driving because atm, there are two drivers out there who are better then him (although i like to think there are three drivers that are better than fernando... Go MW!)

Very difficult to rate which driver is the better of the two because Fernando was the better driver on some tracks and Kimi was better on others. I would have to rate them equally at the moment, with Lewis Hamilton breathing right down their necks. In fact, one could easily argue that Lewis Hamilton is the better driver and one would find it difficult to have a disinterested view either way.

With a little luck, we may see a four way tussle for the championship next year. I hope so!! :up:

Ari
2nd January 2008, 00:34
Webber, really, has missed his chance. Should have taken the ride with Renault a couple years ago. If he had one of those Nando WDC's might have been his.

He will finish his career at Red Bull or an equal 'middle' team. Will continue to gather a podium or two per year in that crazy GP where everyone else DNF's.

Fantastic driver, just can't get a car.

Valve Bounce
2nd January 2008, 01:44
Webber, really, has missed his chance. Should have taken the ride with Renault a couple years ago. If he had one of those Nando WDC's might have been his.

He will finish his career at Red Bull or an equal 'middle' team. Will continue to gather a podium or two per year in that crazy GP where everyone else DNF's.

Fantastic driver, just can't get a car.

Well, you get top players who get into teams that never win flags too. Don't you feel sorry for Nathan Buckley??? :(

Perhaps not!! :p :