PDA

View Full Version : The return of RallyWorld and free WRC+

wrc_flipper
24th December 2007, 18:41
Looks like RallyWorld Magazine have sorted themselves out and will be starting the magazine again for Jan 2008.

That and the email about getting wrc+ subscription back since its since it going free next year. Could this be some good news for WRC fans?!

Well at least one pays for the other and a ticket to Autosport show at the NEC :)

Waldrons11
24th December 2007, 19:38
Looks like RallyWorld Magazine have sorted themselves out and will be starting the magazine again for Jan 2008.

That and the email about getting wrc+ subscription back since its since it going free next year. Could this be some good news for WRC fans?!

Well at least one pays for the other and a ticket to Autosport show at the NEC :)

Yeah, and I've heard rumours that there is a lot more to come next year on wrc.com..

HaCo
25th December 2007, 19:18
It's about time!

Tomski
28th December 2007, 14:09
Yeah, and I've heard rumours that there is a lot more to come next year on wrc.com..

Come on then, give us a clue?

Waldrons11
28th December 2007, 16:18
Only heard rumours so wouldn't want to speculate. We'll have to wait until Jan 1st to find out!

HaCo
2nd January 2008, 13:16
New site is online and it starts very well for me: "This service is not available in your Area"... :( :( :(

GigiGalliNo1
2nd January 2008, 13:19
yeh probably only for UK people!! that sucks :( but let me go back and have a look around!

GigiGalliNo1
2nd January 2008, 13:22
nup not even rally previews...!! its like going to a european or US MTV website and not being able to watch videos!!! :( sucks.

wrc_flipper
2nd January 2008, 13:24
Bit of shaky start - most of the links don't work and little content on the ones that do - also no splits links?!

jonkka
2nd January 2008, 13:48
Give it time, I'd expect these as normal teething problems during site launch.

Glee
2nd January 2008, 13:54
My pages says:

==================
http://www.wrc.com - 102
==================

That's it!

GigiGalliNo1
2nd January 2008, 14:33
got the videos but no sound lol

sal
2nd January 2008, 14:41
As a subscriber to Rallyworld having every copy and being an old fart who likes printed paper rather than an online mag I'm glad to have received the mail telling me my subscription is going to be honoured as thought I might have lost my money. Lets see what the "new" version is like...

RS
2nd January 2008, 15:36
Good to have free online video footage again - it was quite ridiculous to be charging for it when hardly anyone watches it on free tv anyway.

I don't think the official site should be carrying banner advertising for general advertisers not associated with WRC either.

Roy
2nd January 2008, 15:53
New site has better view, some times I have search for content like results an so on. Now I found how it works.
But video's didn't work. Wrong area. :confused: :s Only video on homepage is working (half).

Langdale Forest
2nd January 2008, 15:54
All I can get is this page cannot be found.

Roy
2nd January 2008, 15:56
All I can get is this page cannot be found.

Old link: http://www.wrc.com/page/Home/0,,10111,00.html doesn't work anymore use http://www.wrc.com/index.jsp

Buzz Lightyear
2nd January 2008, 16:00
not a very good site.

N
2nd January 2008, 16:01
wow, the new page is up, I like it, but I will see during a rally what it's like.

For some of the videos I get a message saying this service is not available in your area? what's up with that?

I'm gonna go and dig around the site now. I like the video on the first page, I can watch that for hours and hours, :)

As far as I can see, it's free.

Simmi
2nd January 2008, 16:39
So am I right in thinking that there will be a hard copy of Rallyworld magazine in UK newsagents at some point this month?

Simmi
2nd January 2008, 16:43
So am I right in thinking that there will be a hard copy of Rallyworld magazine in UK newsagents at some point this month?

Ok I've found the info here:
http://www.rallyworldmagazine.com/rwmeng/specials.php?subaction=showfull&id=1198165418&archive=&start_from=&ucat=19&

As for the new WRC site, if they can clean up the quality of the information and writing and get some decent up there it will be an improvement.

Langdale Forest
2nd January 2008, 16:49
The site works now and it is good.

N
2nd January 2008, 17:24
Can you watch all the videos?

WRXedUSA
2nd January 2008, 21:05
I can't seem to see all the videos.

HaCo
2nd January 2008, 21:47
Only the frontpage video, the rest is unavailable... Is it available for anyone? Especially the Brits?

Barry_
2nd January 2008, 23:29
well i have amac and it says that i dont have the imbedded player on safari so..hmph

Simmi
2nd January 2008, 23:34
I can get everything except the 2006 and 2005 reviews which dont seem to have been put up yet.

Still plenty to be going on with...

CCFanatic
2nd January 2008, 23:42
I can't seem to see all the videos.

I think it goes to all people in the US. Sucks.

cosmicpanda
2nd January 2008, 23:44
I get an error saying that the service isn't available in my area for some videos. Since NZ has a round of the WRC championship and has for many years, I think it's ever so slightly disgraceful.

But still, early days yet

Anti-Lag-Rocks
2nd January 2008, 23:45
well i have amac and it says that i dont have the imbedded player on safari so..hmph

I am on a Mac and I was able to watch all the videos I tried there. Make sure you download the Flip4Mac plugin (which is for Windows Media).

I am also running Safari 3, if that helps you.

I quite like the new site, although on a Mac the videos float a bit of over the page - needs a little testing there I think - but at least it works well for watching things.

GigiGalliNo1
3rd January 2008, 02:33
i'm still not getting any sound!

raybak
3rd January 2008, 03:28
Won't let me watch any video at all, just coming up with the not available image. :(

Ray

GigiGalliNo1
3rd January 2008, 11:24
Yeh, they must have set to international settings where if you are not in the area its set, it won't work. Copyright issues but I don't think it will a problem

Plus it seems to be WRC Video News, more of it then written content. So wonder how fast videos will be updated on the site? :D

Motorsportfun
3rd January 2008, 13:09
New site is online and it starts very well for me: "This service is not available in your Area"... :( :( :(

Me too, it's not the best debut for the new site...

...and the colours? White, black and... ORANGE?!? :rolleyes:

GigiGalliNo1
3rd January 2008, 13:12
wait a minute... this is what I just got from WRC+

" We hate for people to miss out on all the fantastic interactive benefits we have to offer and so would urge you to renew your subsription before you miss any more exclusive rally action and entertainment.

Where else will you be kept-up-to-date with a live rally console? Where else can you watch video highlights and round-ups from previous rallies? All the while listening to Rally Radio!?

As an added incentive, if you really need one, if you renew your subscription today we’ll give you 30% off RallyWorld Magazine.

So don’t delay, sign-up today!"

So if I resubscribe today..... I will only get 30% off Rallyworld Mag? So what am I paying to resubscribe to? hrmmm...

N
3rd January 2008, 13:22
I see that wrc.com is down.

J4MIE
3rd January 2008, 13:32
Well I'm not bothered about video but they seem to work on the site for me.

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=106&desc=Wraps%20come%20off%20new%20wrc.com

WRXedUSA
3rd January 2008, 14:28
So if I resubscribe today..... I will only get 30% off Rallyworld Mag? So what am I paying to resubscribe to? hrmmm...

Exactly.

What the hell is going on?

From thier new release today:

"And don’t worry about passwords or usernames - from now on it’s all free. There’s no username or registration required either. Just go on in and explore. "

Hopefully this is just a short term technical issue. It seems odd for the longest time, the official outlet of the sport restricts so much information pertaining to it.

leno
3rd January 2008, 17:07
it is possible to watch rally previews(video+sound) but on page http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp
i come from slovenia so i think it should work to all of you

page http://www.wrc.com doesnt open

pettersolberg29
3rd January 2008, 17:42
I'm in England, and after it said 'needs WMP 9' I downloaded it and it still doesn't work.

I'm getting sound but no video!!

Brother John
3rd January 2008, 18:14
At the moment i can see and hear everyting on the new wrc. com site! :up:
I must say that i use a new computer with Windows Vista! :s mokin:

leno
3rd January 2008, 18:17
I'm in England, and after it said 'needs WMP 9' I downloaded it and it still doesn't work.

I'm getting sound but no video!!

Try to download WMP 11. i installed manualy plug in WMP 11 for firefox and it works

User
3rd January 2008, 18:44
Now it works fine here (Belgium - Vista - WMP 11).

And it's fantastic!

SirXcalibur
3rd January 2008, 18:52
It appears to be working here in Canada now as well.

pettersolberg29
3rd January 2008, 19:20
I have now downloaded WMP 11 but it still doesn't work..... :(

Thanks for the attempted help though!

leno
3rd January 2008, 21:01

sorry but no idea what could be wrong than. i have xp and vista with latest version of mozzila firefox version 2.0.0.11, installed WMP 11 plug in for firefox and it works on both maschines

Roy
4th January 2008, 08:48
With WMP 9 works as well for me. Only I've slow version of broadband. Vids' looks like some photo's with sound. About few weeks I surf faster. ;)

Sulland
4th January 2008, 11:03
No problems on a mac. Mine just opens Quicktime and does all the video using that.
Is it anything I will miss compared to the Bill Gates Armada ?

drmchsraj
8th January 2008, 14:13
Are those magazines available anywhere as pdf files? I was wondering if any of you kind people with subscription to current (or older!) RW magazine (or just about anything else rally-related) scan and upload them? Thanks a lot!
I am lacking in racing literature and a bit of Rally stuff would make my life complete ;) !!!

pettersolberg29
8th January 2008, 16:59
It now works - and it is good!

I just had to change a few settings.

raybak
8th January 2008, 22:57
working fine for me now.

Ray

tmx
9th January 2008, 05:42

When I was using Opera on WindowsXP, the video on wrc.com works, but on Vista it does not. But it does work on Internet Explorer (but i don't like IE).

SubaruNorway
9th January 2008, 20:58
Would be cool having eye in the sky with quality like this http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=310&featureid=363&desc=Helicam%20-%20Hirvonen%20in%20Monte%20Carlo

Anyone think it's possible?

GC8Subaru
10th January 2008, 00:33
Yep looks good & all works fine for me but I wonder how long it will stay free?

GigiGalliNo1
10th January 2008, 06:38
hrmmm.... will i ever get any SOUND!???

GigiGalliNo1
10th January 2008, 06:39
oh and i actually now figured out i dont like the website, plus there are a few things not columned up! and i don't like the video news, well sort of i still want the conventional written up stories! :(

jonas_mcrae
10th January 2008, 11:56
oh and i actually now figured out i dont like the website, plus there are a few things not columned up! and i don't like the video news, well sort of i still want the conventional written up stories! :(

really difficult to please everyone huh?

why not write "I dont like the new one at all, lets go back to what we had" full stop

I think is way better than before maybe less writen content but hey who wants that when you get everything here in the forum and with better and more accurate sources!

drmchsraj
10th January 2008, 12:01
indeed!
commercial websites: ads + short mention of news + their view of things.
forums = uptodate news + accurate discussions + lots of links + ppl + humor (+ coughcoveragecough too ;) )!
forums > websites!!

GigiGalliNo1
10th January 2008, 14:23
i ♥ rallyforum :D

GigiGalliNo1
19th January 2008, 13:08
seems wrc.com ain't working?

N
19th January 2008, 18:55
it's working for me, I was expecting more updates and the site needs to be improved a bit, doesn't look very professional.

wrc_flipper
23rd January 2008, 22:27
Anyone using a Mac and can't get rally radio, seems the webpages don't do macs (yet).
Did manage to get a stream by copying the http://broadcast.global-mix.net link into Quicktime.
I have email northone and [email:3of5kch3]radio@wrc.com[/email:3of5kch3] to tell them!

flip

Roy
24th January 2008, 18:06
I like these WRC site more and more. many video's of the shakedown. All for free and you can watch when you want. I prefer this site above Eurosport, now I haven't wait until the snooker is over.

GigiGalliNo1
25th January 2008, 02:11
nope no sound for me

GigiGalliNo1
1st February 2008, 00:06
So again I got this email from WRC+:

"WRC+ values each and every one of our members and we’ve noticed that you haven’t visited us for some time now.
We hate for people to miss out on all the fantastic interactive benefits we have to offer and so would urge you to renew your subsription before you miss any more exclusive rally action and entertainment.
Where else will you be kept-up-to-date with a live rally console? Where else can you watch video highlights and round-ups from previous rallies? All the while listening to Rally Radio!?
As an added incentive, if you really need one, if you renew your subscription today we’ll give you 30% off RallyWorld’s Magazine.
So don’t delay, sign-up today!
Click here to sign-up now!"

So what am I signing up for? Just the magazine?....

GigiGalliNo1
1st February 2008, 00:07
So again I got this email from WRC+:

"WRC+ values each and every one of our members and we’ve noticed that you haven’t visited us for some time now.
We hate for people to miss out on all the fantastic interactive benefits we have to offer and so would urge you to renew your subsription before you miss any more exclusive rally action and entertainment.
As an added incentive, if you really need one, if you renew your subscription today we’ll give you 30% off RallyWorld’s Magazine.
So don’t delay, sign-up today!
Click here to sign-up now!"

So what am I signing up for? Just the magazine?....