PDA

View Full Version : Is it fake or is it real ?

Mihai
24th December 2007, 14:02
Was this an actual Clio Cup race incident or is it something viral ?

http://video.neogen.ro/user/rallyro/ohzzf0fz78175a079b287muh9coa1bpp/

It think it's a fake. I can't find the name of the driver on google / Pierre Devraux (spelling?).

SEATFreak
24th December 2007, 15:21
Depends what you mean by "fake". You don't specify what part of the incident you think to be fake but if you refer to the 2 exta bonuses I think It is 100% genuine.

I do see in a frame on the 13th second in the realtime footage from the incar camera a woman with rather lovely boosoms on the pitwall flashing at the rather lucky driver.

I have sent a screen shot of it.

LiamM
24th December 2007, 16:56
I dont no how it could be misunderstood as being real, for a start the cars involved include a Megane and a Civic Type-R

Marc W
24th December 2007, 17:42
Definately fake, especially with the "Clown car" style removal of the previously undamaged bumper at the end. (the car hadn't gone anywhere near the barrier.) The spin itself just looked like he'd pulled the handbrake on. Judging by the fake Renault signs around Druids it must be a (very poor) Renault ad.

Corrine
27th December 2007, 18:46
There are always plenty of tits out in a Clio race. Just watch a few times.

Allyc85
27th December 2007, 21:15
Its definetly not a real race and I doubt its a renault ad as the civic has Honda plastered down the side of it :)

SEATFreak
28th December 2007, 09:09
I dont no how it could be misunderstood as being real

Marc makes things clear and somewhat obvious now, but the reason why it could be misunderstood as being real is the telltale signs are to well concealled mentally to anyone other than the most obsessed motorsport fanatics.

Though I still don't see how the fact a Megane and a Civic Type R are in the same race makes a difference, it never occoured to me that despite not even hitting the barrier it is the front that falls of. It never occoured to me the spin was helped by the handbrake.
I have always believed that when a racing car is about to crash (like road cars) the driver automatically makes an appropriate emergency manoeuvre to stop the car from crashing and/or the driver hurting him or herself. I never thought the driver should just let the car hit the barrier or similar immovable surface.
Those things completely passed me by.

It was a very clever prank though. :)

LiamM
28th December 2007, 11:42
Though I still don't see how the fact a Megane and a Civic Type R are in the same race makes a difference,

The original question was 'is this an actual Clio Cup race?' to which I replied, a Megane and a Civic Type-R are racing

btcc-thunder
28th December 2007, 17:00
it's a viral ad for renault from 2005
http://www.maverickmedia.co.uk/work.php?categoryid=1&mediaid=35

it's not particularly good though is it?

i think its supposed to look like the front of the megane has contact with one of the passing cars, which is why the bumper falls off.

i believe the civic in 2003 btcc arena motorsport livery is owned by someone who has some sort of involvement with arena itself, that same car has also been used by top gear, for the 'master of the universe' joke shoot out, with darth vader, daleks, Ming The Merciless etc

Marc W
28th December 2007, 20:30
The original question was 'is this an actual Clio Cup race?' to which I replied, a Megane and a Civic Type-R are racing

As well as a Ford Focus and a VW Corrado! ;)

harry1
30th December 2007, 18:43
Car is Paul McMillans Hot hatch which won the title in 2004 ish he is the father of Liam Mcmillan who races a new Seat Cupra It was a self built car that slaughtered the oposition then sold to a Britcar team who have had good results with it.Believe Paul McMillan drove the car in the advert which he received a conciderable sum for doing.
Funnily enough Liam has since done the Canon advert the one on just before and after the WTCC races sadly the bird not there tho.

VXR-4-Eva
8th January 2008, 18:45
Ive seen that and one of the most fake things that no-one has pionted out is the fact it has been speeded up and the unrealistic time it took to get from Graham Hill bent to Surtees...