PDA

View Full Version : visiting charlotte nc

djparky
22nd December 2007, 20:53
I'm sure this has come up before, but I can't find the thread now, I am looking at adding a trip to Charlotte onto my Daytona holiday next Feb- so i can see LMS and also do the tour of the local race shops- has anyone else got any experiences of doing this? any suggestions on where to stay in the area?

XM369
4th January 2008, 21:17
I'm sure this has come up before, but I can't find the thread now, I am looking at adding a trip to Charlotte onto my Daytona holiday next Feb- so i can see LMS and also do the tour of the local race shops- has anyone else got any experiences of doing this? any suggestions on where to stay in the area?

Yeah we did charlotte last year (june race)

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The track is huge, hire a car with sat nav makes it easy to find all the race shops and owners places best is of course hendricks and the 48 team :-)

we stayed in the embassy suites http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/CLTTYES-Embassy-Suites-Charlotte-North-Carolina/index.do
very nice hotel.

would definatly go back to charlotte again although its a long way from england

looking at at maybe getting to homestead for the november race this year if we can save up enough.

Paul & Lisa

colinspooky
5th January 2008, 10:23
yay - go embassy suites - with enterprise rental across the road. Although they were building one right outside the track when we were there also for the June race. That may be finished - nice staff and great facilities. The business centre for instance is free, unlike some of these posh hotels who think it's right to charge you for everything.
I loved the embassy - great place and staff who know how to direct you to local interests.
I loved the track too - we had parking on the infield mind although it really didn't look like a long walk in from anywhere.
The mechandising trucks were also numerous, along with food and drink at reasonable costs, unless I am just used to UK rip off prices.
We practically lived at the track during the week or so the races were on, but the access all areas passes also helped make it a fun experience. Seeing the pit crews at work close up was interesting.

djparky
5th January 2008, 19:22
thanks for the info- due to lack of funds and holiday have postponed any visits to Charlotte until 2009- as I'll be hitting the dreaded four zero next year I'm hoping to "celebrate" with some trips to the US- and this will be one of the options

as for on track prices- I thought they were pretty good at Daytona- compared to the fleecing at most British venues anyway

only 6 weeks till I'll be at Daytona speedway- (hopefully) enjoying some warm Florida sunshine and the NASCAR Nationwide series :)

Gasman
6th January 2008, 18:00
only 6 weeks till I'll be at Daytona speedway- (hopefully) enjoying some warm Florida sunshine and the NASCAR Nationwide series :)

There are still tickets available for the 500 as well. Surely you don't want to miss that!? Don't get a ticket for the "Superstretch" (aka back straight) though. My seat is high up in the Oldfield Stand towards Turn 4. I wouldn't swop it for for the expensive seats near the trioval (start/finish line) either as the "new" buildings behind the pits block the view of the backstraight.

Just counting the days...

colinspooky
8th January 2008, 16:32
My seat is high up in the Oldfield Stand towards Turn 4. I wouldn't swop it for for the expensive seats near the trioval (start/finish line) either as the "new" buildings behind the pits block the view of the backstraight.

Just counting the days...

No one wants to know you are going to this race. Just keep it to yourself and don't go posting pictures of your trip so we all know you went and some of us didn't and stayed in the UK with the rain and cold and gloom and misery, oh my god I said I wouldn't cry......... :rolleyes:

Have a great time ............... b'stard !!!!!!!!!! :D

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
9th January 2008, 10:23
Im deffo going to go next year. Funds didnt allow it this year (Im restoring and modifying a 65 mustang so all me moneys getting ploughed into that at the moment) i cant wait until Feb. Sunday Nights are so empty without Budwieser and NASCAR.

Have a great time ............... b'stard !!!!!!!!!! :D

I second that.