PDA

View Full Version : Crash.Net Article On Rick Kerry

Captain VXR
8th January 2007, 14:36
http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Kerry-chasing-the-BTCC-dream-~cid~10~id~141758.htm
New picture of the car too.

ADnet
8th January 2007, 19:18
This is very good news indeed, and the fact they have the car half built is a positive sign, just hope the rest of the sponsorship falls into place to allow him & west Suffolk Racing to enter for the duration of the season.

Also good to see another different car up there.

Hazell B
8th January 2007, 20:40
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but is it okay to post articles from other sites here like that? Just wondering about copyright, that's all.

Thanks for posting it, though :)

LiamM
8th January 2007, 21:35
Why wouldnt it be? He hasnt claimed its his own story or anything like that?

CroftPilgrim
9th January 2007, 18:01
Why wouldnt it be? He hasnt claimed its his own story or anything like that?

The question was about copyright, not plagiarism!

It is a good question. Mods?

Alfa Fan
9th January 2007, 18:05
Posting a link is fine. Copying the story into the post isn't.

PDS
9th January 2007, 18:09
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but is it okay to post articles from other sites here like that? Just wondering about copyright, that's all.

There would only be a copyright problem if someone have copy and pasted the article and not given a credit to the source/author.

A link to the authors site is not a breach of copyright, If anything, it is highlighting the authors web-site!
It is amazing how many site have been brought to the fore because of the links submitted on forums.

Alfa Fan just beat-me to what I wanted to say..

LiamM
9th January 2007, 18:12
Its only like walking up to someone with a newspaper or something and saying read this.........

Hazell B
9th January 2007, 20:44
Its only like walking up to someone with a newspaper or something and saying read this.........

No it isn't. Papers are sold and the buyer can show whoever they wish the contents, so long as they don't claim to have written it or copy it without saying where it's from.

Thanks for the above, folks. I just wondered in general and this happened to be the first post in any way related to my wonderings.

LiamM
9th January 2007, 20:53
No it isn't. Papers are sold and the buyer can show whoever they wish the contents, so long as they don't claim to have written it or copy it without saying where it's from.

Alright then, a copy of Metro! If Crash.net didnt want its articles linked to like this, they would make it pay-to-view, like Autosport have done in the past.

Hazell B
9th January 2007, 20:59
Calm down, I only asked :mark:

ade t
9th January 2007, 21:16
bmw looking good