PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Christmas?

Daniel
21st December 2007, 15:35
I haven't opened anything yet but I got a package from Australia yesterday that looks and feels suspiciously like a McKlein Rally calendar :)

No idea what else I'm getting other than cash which I've already been given :)

pino
21st December 2007, 15:43
I've got a WRC seat for Gigi :up: :p :

Storm
21st December 2007, 15:46
I got nothing...like every year! Well, neither did I get anything for Diwali. :s

janneppi
21st December 2007, 16:50
I've got a WRC seat for Gigi :up: :p :
Better make sure it's wide enough, he's not that skinny. ;)

Drew
21st December 2007, 17:18
I hope to see you wrapped up under the tree on christmas morning :p :

Mark
21st December 2007, 17:42
We are planning on going on holiday to France next year so what I havent asked for is a contribution towards that but I have said I don't want to know what it is before christmas day!

Dave B
21st December 2007, 18:18
We're spending xmas with Susy's folks so we're taking all our presents with us to swap on Christmas Day, before lugging them all the way back. That should do wonders for my fuel consumption! :p

SEATFreak
21st December 2007, 19:16
Went for a bar meal curry at a really nice pub owned by a big pub chain (Brewsters I think) with my folks. It was as we set up the Postie came round with a cardboard parcel...a flatish one....with "Duke" written on the tape. I didn't need to see it anymore. I knew what it was.

The 2007 BTCC Touring Car World book. My brand harry spankers bible and almanac to all things tintop! :up:

This Chrimbo I am on an intelectual par with Quasimodo. By next year I should be on an intelectual par with Steven Hawking thanks to the book! :up:

306 Cosworth
21st December 2007, 20:25
I think i'm getting a CD/iPod player for my car :D

Wim_Impreza
22nd December 2007, 11:51
I will get 'Rallyworld 2008' from Willy Weyens.

odykas
22nd December 2007, 14:16
Nothing :evil:

Eki
22nd December 2007, 14:59
This Chrimbo I am on an intelectual par with Quasimodo.
You have a hunch, but don't know if it's real?

veeten
22nd December 2007, 19:29
Pizza! :D

from Papa John's. :lips: :)

Sorry, pino. :p :

DonJippo
22nd December 2007, 21:16
A house :D

Daniel
22nd December 2007, 21:19
A house :D
Presents you buy or build yourself don't count :|

GridGirl
22nd December 2007, 22:46
We're spending xmas with Susy's folks so we're taking all our presents with us to swap on Christmas Day, before lugging them all the way back. That should do wonders for my fuel consumption! :p

I know how you feel. We carted lots of presents away on holiday with us including a slide for our 15 month old niece. I am getting my nice Spa day on Christmas eve though.

I should really get off the internet while on holiday but I'm listening to the darts online. Go Mardle! Which reminds me that I spent most of the £200 that my dad gave me for Christmas on booze and a little bit of food when I went to the Darts last Thursday.

raybak
22nd December 2007, 22:51
A Pool table for the shed.

Ray

Daniel
24th December 2007, 20:22
My suspicions were correct. I got "A wider view" by McKlein photography :D

I also got this gadget thing that reads your mind :| *must think pure thoughts*

Daniel
24th December 2007, 20:38
I mean The wider view

Albert Park
24th December 2007, 21:27
A PS3, and Formula One Championship Edition.

Azumanga Davo
25th December 2007, 07:26
'The Twilight Zone' box set. Intriguing, never even watched it before. :D

amtmotorsport
25th December 2007, 07:58
a bell rs3 helmet with hans clips :rolleyes: but no hans device arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

a wii

dvd s yet to come wtcc btcc 07 s v8 supercar 07

evo 7 remote controll car ( comet cheep ones £4.99 from my dog :eek: where did she get her cash from is my question :D )

momo race boots ..

so now i just need a new hans device :mad: anyone not going to use theres in 08 and needs to sell pm me please ;)

Woodeye
25th December 2007, 08:51
I got a navigator from my Dad. :D Looks like an interesting little piece. It's garmin nüvi, anyone knows if it's any good?

SEATFreak
25th December 2007, 10:48
You have a hunch, but don't know if it's real?

Huh? :confused:

Aside from clothes the new 19" Samsung HD Ready Digital TV with Freeview, a new game for my Nintendo DS Lite, two DVD games, a few of what I call "smellies" (toiletries; aftershave, showe gel etc.), the 2007 Touring Car World book at another tintop book called simply Touring cars by a fella' called John Tipler that I got from a Marie Curie shop on holiday back in October.

The best thing about the last one is I am able to find out about Schnitzers last time in the BTCC. What with them helping Motorbase next season.

Eki
25th December 2007, 11:19
Huh? :confused:

Quasimodo had a hunch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasimodo

Hunch also means a premonition or suspicion:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hunch

Hondo
25th December 2007, 12:51
Sweetie got the bones, with substantial amounts of meat still attached, from 2 prime rib eye steaks which she was allowed to eat inside on a mat in front of the fireplace.

She is now belly up and snoring in front of the fire and only knows that the world is a wonderful place and life is good.

One happy dog.

Pawprint
25th December 2007, 12:59
An Ipod Touche :D

BobbyC
25th December 2007, 17:41
This Christmas, I've been praying for the improvement of the health of a college friend, Michelle Thomas.

Michelle, 27, is the mother of two children, Dylan (4) and Audrey (1). In April, she was hospitalised to remove a cancerous growth in her spine, and it has paralysed her waist-down.

Her situation is awful considering it is a rare disorder, but worse, the insurance has run out on her. I've participated in two fund-raisers for her medical bills since word leaked, and this Christmas has been one for her.

The other thing for Christmas is the joy of Hannah Bilton. My honoured patient with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for the 2007 Bi-Lo Marathon (7:09:00 hand-timed; incident at start line led to chip falling off) is doing better.

Captain VXR
25th December 2007, 19:12
Ps3 :D

Daniel
25th December 2007, 19:14
Ps3 :D
You have my sympathies :)

Albert Park
25th December 2007, 21:42
I got a navigator from my Dad. :D Looks like an interesting little piece. It's garmin nüvi, anyone knows if it's any good?
The Garmin GPS models are very good. Enjoy.

Mark
25th December 2007, 21:50
We are going to France on holiday in the new year and Karen got me a box of presents including a phrase book CD's to listen to along the way sweets to keep us going and a voucher book entitling me to petrol :) That as well as a calendar she made herself and a little keyring thing which acts as a digital photo frame.

Captain VXR
26th December 2007, 11:37
You have my sympathies :)

:rotflmao:

306 Cosworth
26th December 2007, 14:50
Got the CD/iPod player for my car and off to fit it now. Got the new Colin McRae DVD which is absolutely brilliant and quite emotional. A pair of socks for Fridays only (says Friday on them :p : ) lots of smellies including a nice bottle of Burberry (smells gorgeous and now so do I :D ) and a couple of other small things! :D was a good day although extremely hungover from the night before :s

A.F.F.
26th December 2007, 15:39

No. It's a piece of ****. You might as well give it to me :D

RaikkonenRules
26th December 2007, 19:42
I got an ipod speaker system, 3 DVDs including one on driving hazards to help with my theory test when I take it. Autobiogrophys of Lewis Hamilton and Jackie Stewart, Jeremy Clarkson's 'Don't stop me now' book and 'Borat's guide to US and A and glorious nation of Kazakhstan' book. :D

Reasonable haul apart from my cousin getting more presents than me :mad:

nicemms
26th December 2007, 20:19
Got some new pc speakers! They are realy good quality and really loud!

F1nostalgic
27th December 2007, 15:09
Got a nice Sharp 5CD stereo system. :D

SEATFreak
27th December 2007, 16:52
Quasimodo had a hunch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasimodo

Hunch also means a premonition or suspicion:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hunch

I said nothing about having a hunch.

The book simply entitled "Touring Cars". I am in a bit of a dialema. I knew being a second hand book from a charity shop it would be an old edition but I didn't know when it was published and therefore how many seasons has come and gone since it's publication. And it turns out it must have been published in 1997 because it only goes up to 1996. Theirs a list of the past Champions and the last is on 1996. So every season from 1997 to 2001 when I first started getting involved from a support perspective has come and gone. Quite a lot.

What should I do? Should I sell it on ebay or keep it?

SpeedRules
27th December 2007, 18:08
a pair of pants. and a bottle of wine. yep.

RaikkonenRules
27th December 2007, 19:39
I said nothing about having a hunch.

The book simply entitled "Touring Cars". I am in a bit of a dialema. I knew being a second hand book from a charity shop it would be an old edition but I didn't know when it was published and therefore how many seasons has come and gone since it's publication. And it turns out it must have been published in 1997 because it only goes up to 1996. Theirs a list of the past Champions and the last is on 1996. So every season from 1997 to 2001 when I first started getting involved from a support perspective has come and gone. Quite a lot.

What should I do? Should I sell it on ebay or keep it?

lol I think I've got that same book. :D

SEATFreak
28th December 2007, 09:21
lol I think I've got that same book. :D

Have you?! :eek:

I hope so! :up: :)

If the ISBN number is 0-75252-234-5 and the publisher is Paragon then it is the same book I have.

But just to confirm on the page previous to where the ISBN number is theirs a shot of a race. A white Honda Accord with Kenwood on the bonnet (It isn't Leslie's or Kayes - below the grille is "Honda") is leading an Audi (Biela or Bintcliffe??) with a Ford Mondeo behind. The three cars are going round a corner with a green & white striped kerb.

Sleeper
28th December 2007, 23:01
Jackie Stewarts autobiography, Blade Runner The Final Cut 5disc box set, Weather Reports Original Album Classics (I Sing the Body Electric, Sweetnighter, Mysterious Treveller, Black Market and Night Passage) and Terry Pratchets Small Gods.

veeten
29th December 2007, 02:06
Stuff. ;) :p :

slinkster
29th December 2007, 13:06
I think I've got enough chocolate and alcohol to last me til next christmas so I'm sorted :)

Other highlights were: a lovely white gold and sapphire ring, a much needed new hairdryer, a silver plated business card holder with skulls on aaannnd a vegetable steamer. :D

mate
29th December 2007, 14:31
monopoly v8 supercars borad game, 4 dvds, t shirt & chocolates

edv
29th December 2007, 14:42
A new Yamaha Home Theatre Receiver. (HTR-9160B)

Mp3 Astra
29th December 2007, 16:11
PC Steering wheel, 2 shared PS3 games, DVDs and an amazing looking alarm clock :D

RaikkonenRules
29th December 2007, 19:08
Have you?! :eek:

I hope so! :up: :)

If the ISBN number is 0-75252-234-5 and the publisher is Paragon then it is the same book I have.

But just to confirm on the page previous to where the ISBN number is theirs a shot of a race. A white Honda Accord with Kenwood on the bonnet (It isn't Leslie's or Kayes - below the grille is "Honda") is leading an Audi (Biela or Bintcliffe??) with a Ford Mondeo behind. The three cars are going round a corner with a green & white striped kerb.

Yep it's the same :D

GridGirl
29th December 2007, 22:45
I just filled the new purse which I got for Christmas and was amazed by the amount of rubbish I carried around with me in the old one. :s

I got back from holiday and today and opened the rest of my presents and took delivery of a Colin McRae DVD that had failed to turn up before I left. I'll have to play Santa and go deliver it tomorrow, it seems so weird opening presents when its not Christmas.

stevie_gerrard
29th December 2007, 23:31
I got a lot of clothes, and a couple of dvds. I didnt really ask for a lot this year, so i was well chuffed with what i did get.

taja609
30th December 2007, 09:00
I got an original painting 100% hand-made after my favorite photo. The technique of "photo painting (http://www.paintyourlife.com)" was the most original gift ever.

LeonBrooke
30th December 2007, 09:34
Some Belgian chocolate, a shirt from my aunt ( :s ), and Richard Hammond's autobiography. I got myself Jackie Stewart's autobiography for myself, and Mothership by Led Zeppelin for my mum.

millencolin
30th December 2007, 10:19
Compaq laptop
Kanga cricket set

and my signed photo of team australia got framed and looks smashing!

schmenke
3rd January 2008, 22:42
Sirius satellite radio home/car kit.
The reception is hit 'n miss :|