PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the best rookie in 2008?

FIA
19th December 2007, 19:08
In 2008 there will be two debutants in Australia, Sebastien Bourdais and Nelsinho Piquet, also two drivers with little F1 racing experience Kazuki Nakajima and Timo Glock. I wouldn't class Sebastian Vettel as a rookie since he had quite a few races last year and I would now say that he is one step up from a rookie.

So out of Bourdais, Piquet, Nakajima and Glock, who will score the most points and make the biggest impact?

Robinho
19th December 2007, 19:35
Piquet will probably score the most as i expect Renault to be the most competitive car for the rookies, but i think Seb will be more impressive, although he is the least "rookie" of them all with his experience.

i do think these guys will be overshadowed by the young guns Kovy, Hamilton, Kubica and Rosberg (maybe Sutil if he gets a decent car) and the proper rookies will get forgottewn in the midfield on most occasions

Valve Bounce
19th December 2007, 19:49
Jr seems to have the best car of that lot, so yeah!! Jr!!

Hawkmoon
19th December 2007, 22:02
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Nakajima.

I think he'll be a lot closer to Rosberg than Piquet will be to Alonso or Glock will be to Trulli. I also think Bourdais will be a dismal failure like Da Matta and Zanardi before him.

gloomyDAY
19th December 2007, 22:29

I think he'll be a lot closer to Rosberg than Piquet will be to Alonso or Glock will be to Trulli. I also think Bourdais will be a dismal failure like Da Matta and Zanardi before him.Don't piss on my team quite yet!

Out of all of the fresh meat I think that Vettel will probably make the best filet mignon.

markabilly
19th December 2007, 22:33
Jr seems to have the best car of that lot, so yeah!! Jr!!
jr, if measured on points scored and how he does with FA as a benchmark

If F1 would measure to on basis of driver ability and not car ability, Liuzzi and Speed would still be there--but it don't, so Vettle and SB should look forward to the same future as those they replaced.... :(

Cozzie
20th December 2007, 07:59
Jr on points but Bordais will really shine! Glock has a long way to go and I doubt Nakajima will perform.

Roamy
20th December 2007, 08:04

I think he'll be a lot closer to Rosberg than Piquet will be to Alonso or Glock will be to Trulli. I also think Bourdais will be a dismal failure like Da Matta and Zanardi before him.

Now that's what I call a ****ing limb mate!!!!!

jas123f1
20th December 2007, 09:38
Difficult to say of course but I’m waiting with big interest for what Nakajima can do, because I think Williams is getting much better next season. Ferrari and McLaren are probably too far a way for them but I shouldn’t be too much surprised it Nico is in level with Renault and BMW drivers in result lists.

:)

pino
20th December 2007, 09:47
Glock, I believe he will kick Jarno...unfortunately :( and I've confidence in Nelsinho too :)

ioan
20th December 2007, 10:51
Nakajima, as he showed he has the speed and Williams are on their way up!

Glock, I believe he will kick Jarno...unfortunately :(

:eek:
Pino, what happened?!

SGWilko
20th December 2007, 12:23
Williams are on their way up!

I really hope so. :)

I am evil Homer
20th December 2007, 14:48
Me too....for too long my team has been in decline but I think they have two very good, exciting drivers.

F1boat
20th December 2007, 17:39
Piquet, although I believe that he will be no match for Alonso.

RaikkonenRules
20th December 2007, 20:33
Wonder what Alonso will do if he ends up being beaten by Piquet. :p That would be pretty funny. :D

Hawkmoon
21st December 2007, 02:32
Now that's what I call a ****ing limb mate!!!!!

Limb, twig. It's all the same! ;) :D

jso1985
21st December 2007, 04:13
:eek:
Pino, what happened?!

no shame with being beaten by a future world champ :D :p

AJP
22nd December 2007, 12:24
I think Jr could have a tough year..
Alonso isn't going to let the same thing happen to him as what Hamilton did to him at McLaren.
I hope Jr does really well, I also hope he has the same reation to the sport that Hamilton has had...It will only make the championship that much harder..
The depth in Formula one is growing especially now that Midfield teams are so much closer in performance.

Tazio
23rd December 2007, 02:12
In 2008 there will be two debutants in Australia, Sebastien Bourdais and Nelsinho Piquet, also two drivers with little F1 racing experience Kazuki Nakajima and Timo Glock. I wouldn't class Sebastian Vettel as a rookie since he had quite a few races last year and I would now say that he is one step up from a rookie.

So out of Bourdais, Piquet, Nakajima and Glock, who will score the most points and make the biggest impact?
If you are counting Glock, 'Jima, and Vettle, all with f1 experience. I'm going to throw this guy in there also! If he gets the seat, I think he will represent
“The Force" very well!!
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/11/23/klien-bring-on-that-shoot-out/