PDA

View Full Version : Pickups 2008 race dates

hicksy
17th December 2007, 14:59
Just found on the PTR web site

http://www.pickuptruckracing.com/2007news/20071216.htm

jeffmr2
17th December 2007, 19:30
Anybody else find those comments about pick ups being "better than any other racing in europe", "second to none on the oval since 2003", "no one can match us" etc etc very arrogant,pompous and frankly a load of b******s!!
Does Mr Howard actually watch the ascars when they are racing!

Dont get me wrong i like the pick ups but they remain in my opinion way behind ascars in terms of sheer excitememnt and entertainment.

Sticker Rub
17th December 2007, 20:06
Anybody else find those comments about pick ups being "better than any other racing in europe", "second to none on the oval since 2003", "no one can match us" etc etc very arrogant,pompous and frankly a load of b******s!!

That's marketing, what's he supposed to say? Have you ever seen an advert advertising "Product x: we're second best"?

Unfortunately, SH is right: the ASCARS aren't a superior product right now. 2006 was a real low under difficult circumstances, 2007 saw a big improvement so let's hope 2008 is even better.

truckmonster
17th December 2007, 21:51
The Scsas were poor to watch last year I gotta admit the pick ups are better at the moment!

Abo
17th December 2007, 22:10
Can't do the May event at Rockingham, it's my daughter's birthday... Anyone fancy substituting for me?

racing59
17th December 2007, 23:27
You get Pete to spot, I'll drive the truck!

Look - over there, a cow jumped over the moon.......

Reading the blurb, I cannot disagree with anything that Sonny has said.
It is for me, and my fellow V8 hooligans to turn the tables. We only have ourselves to blame now!

It's still on the trailer if anyone's asking....

Rob.

Abo
18th December 2007, 10:10
You get Pete to spot, I'll drive the truck!

You want Pete to spot? Brave man! ;)

Nick Brad
18th December 2007, 14:50
I'd love to help Pete out as I have done so in the past, but I shall most likely be spotting for the 55 truck when commitments with V8 Trophy don't clash, (Hint hint Tony, pick up the phone ;) ).

truckmonster
18th December 2007, 21:38
You want your old job back Nick?

Dave17
19th December 2007, 17:33
According to the marshals availability form for Rockingham there's only 3 weekends.
24th,25th & 26th May F3/GT ( can't go, on holiday -Whit)
7th & 8th June (LeMans weekend??)
12th & 13th July (clashes with something, can't recall at the moment)

So , no Rockingham for me next year it appears?? (exept BTCC 12th 13th April)

PitMarshal
19th December 2007, 21:37
Interestingly that doesn't tally with the PUT published dates as both the April and September meetings are missing. Presumably September is the Oval fest, but that still leaves April, unless that is being run under a BARC meeting?

Sticker Rub
19th December 2007, 21:40

FOS?

pickup
19th December 2007, 22:50
Presumably September is the Oval fest,

No oval fest planned for 2008!

Chigley
20th December 2007, 17:02
The April dates coincide with the Caterham Graduates time table so it's a fair assumption that the April meeting is BARC organised.

Chigley
20th December 2007, 17:07

FOS 11,12,13th July

Dave17
20th December 2007, 18:31
So do we conclude that the ASCAR's are being run by BRSCC at their June and July meetings and BARC are running the pickups apart from the F3/GT meeting which is BRSCC....

Confused!

Chigley
21st December 2007, 09:51
So do we conclude that the ASCAR's are being run by BRSCC at their June and July meetings and BARC are running the pickups apart from the F3/GT meeting which is BRSCC....

Confused!

You're hoping, :) You know better than to guess, speculate, attempt to reach conclusions ...etc. ;)
BARC aren't releasing their calendar till January at the earliest. Drew had thrown his BRSCC calendar out of the window three times before December had even started. I don't even consider what I'm doing for the year until the Autosport calendar is printed, by then you know that virtually all the calendars are set in concrete. :)

Al_Green
21st December 2007, 10:29
So far, the dates I have listed for the Rock are:

12 March - BTCC Media day
12/13 April - BTCC
19/20 April - PuT's
24-26 May - F3 / GT / PuT's
7/8 June - BRSCC
2/3 July - 750MC Shell Eco Marathon
12/13 July - BRSCC, EERC & PuT's
(30/31 August - PuT's tba)
27/28 Sept - Mini Festival & PuT's

Al.

Dave17
21st December 2007, 15:59
You're hoping, :) You know better than to guess, speculate, attempt to reach conclusions ...etc. ;)

I know Chigley, but I have a horrible feeling that one of my imfamous predictions will come true someday......and I think it could be this one. (Could be that some erstwhile marshals of Rockingham who would not marshal for the BRSCC might want their jobs back and the BARC would be only too happy to oblige them).

Dave17
21st December 2007, 16:06
So far, the dates I have listed for the Rock are:

12/13 July - BRSCC, EERC & PuT's

Al.

I thought the EERC round was shelved -not moved - after originally clashing with the GP?

Al_Green
21st December 2007, 18:10
You're right, just a BRSCC meeting, not EERC as well.

Al.

dsracer28
21st December 2007, 19:12

Dont get me wrong i like the pick ups but they remain in my opinion way behind ascars in terms of sheer excitememnt and entertainment.

How the Ascars, Days Of Thunder, SCSA, V8 Trophy or whatever they wud like to be known as now can beat the racing of pickups is beyond me! I have never seen more than 10 laps of stock cars without a yellow flag and the only time they have gone green to checker is when there were only a few cars!

Fair enough the pickups have had their bad races with a few yellows but you are kept on your toes until the last lap even going four a breast across the line but this is not more exciting than 6 or 7 cars following each other????

The only sheer excitement and entertainment i get from the stock cars is when i see them being taken off the track to make way for 25 trucks battle for 35 laps non stop!

truckmonster
21st December 2007, 20:56
Well said Richards Mechanic!!!

racing59
21st December 2007, 22:19
Following 2006/7 - some very valid comments, though you must admit, the grid at Motorfest was more like it. About 10 short of better, and 20 short of right!

It isn't just about the spectacle of 4-a-breast pickups and I do mean spectacle, it's partly about the noise. There is no substitute for a V8 to my ears, that's why I chose to race a V8, not a pickup. But that's my choice. Don't get me wrong, I do like the pickups, I reckon they are great, and this last two years, have led the way in terms of on-track entertainment.

It is for us (the V8 Trophy, or whatever we're called in 2008!) to better ourselves, and regain our position and push you guys off that top step!!
Or have a few beers together and enjoy the challenge!

Dave17
21st December 2007, 23:21
BARC race dates now out ( http://www.barc.net/marshals/marshaling_apply_online.php ) and @ Rockingham are....

12th-13th April BTCC
19th-20th April Club (pickups?)
27th-28th Sept Dunlop mini festival (pickups)

Tractorboy.
22nd December 2007, 00:08
How the Ascars, Days Of Thunder, SCSA, V8 Trophy or whatever they wud like to be known as now can beat the racing of pickups is beyond me! I have never seen more than 10 laps of stock cars without a yellow flag and the only time they have gone green to checker is when there were only a few cars!

Fair enough the pickups have had their bad races with a few yellows but you are kept on your toes until the last lap even going four a breast across the line but this is not more exciting than 6 or 7 cars following each other????

The only sheer excitement and entertainment i get from the stock cars is when i see them being taken off the track to make way for 25 trucks battle for 35 laps non stop!

I think your a bit confused and haven't been watching carefully there was quite a few races we had this year with F all yellows in. you are right about cars following each other the series does need more cars, Our legendary organiser is working on it.

car20
22nd December 2007, 16:19

This kind of post annoy's me talk about stating the obvoius WOW

now i have been like many others to watch both at the rock and apart from running the oval they are not the same animal :s mokin:

One thing that was obvious well to me as i was driving home, is that from 2005 when the V8's impolded and became stuck in this endless downward spiral is that SH must have been laughing his head off WHy because the only threat to his series at rockingham on the oval was no longer a threat!

I could go on ...

Some PUT drivers have V8's and have at times rolled them out on occasion but do you think that Sh would let pete, martin and mark leave PUT for the v8's ??????? do you really think tHat KJW will be out ???????
I don't mean that by financial means but by introductions to a third party!

I am though stating if they would want to run full time??

If you think about it! it must be real political behind the scenes of racing, BUT when the V8's had a full grid off around 20 car's they had a tv deal on motors tv and think 5 that has gone now but PUT have more and no tv deal as such apart from a one off race and rally, catch my drift.

i see the PUT and V8's like the IRL& ccws one hates the other and they both can't live together

Yes i am into conspiracy theories

dsracer28
22nd December 2007, 17:32

now i have been like many others to watch both at the rock and apart from running the oval they are not the same animal :s mokin:

One thing that was obvious well to me as i was driving home, is that from 2005 when the V8's impolded and became stuck in this endless downward spiral is that SH must have been laughing his head off WHy because the only threat to his series at rockingham on the oval was no longer a threat!

I could go on ...

Some PUT drivers have V8's and have at times rolled them out on occasion but do you think that Sh would let pete, martin and mark leave PUT for the v8's ??????? do you really think tHat KJW will be out ???????

If you think about it! it must be real political behind the scenes of racing, BUT when the V8's had a full grid off around 20 car's they had a tv deal on motors tv and think 5 that has gone now but PUT have more and no tv deal as such apart from a one off race and rally, catch my drift.

i see the PUT and V8's like the IRL& ccws one hates the other and they both can't live together

Yes i am into conspiracy theories

I think the reason that Pete and Martin and Mark do not race the v8's full time is they far more enjoy the racing of the pickups. More overtaking in one lap than any other series has in a season. I dont think for one second that KJW is going to be out next season.
Yes i agree the cars had tv when there was a fuller grid but so have the pickups in the past and the only reason the trucks havent got tv now is money.
The one thing i will say is that SH has tried a lot to help the v8's.

Following 2006/7 - some very valid comments, though you must admit, the grid at Motorfest was more like it. About 10 short of better, and 20 short of right!

It isn't just about the spectacle of 4-a-breast pickups and I do mean spectacle, it's partly about the noise. There is no substitute for a V8 to my ears, that's why I chose to race a V8, not a pickup. But that's my choice. Don't get me wrong, I do like the pickups, I reckon they are great, and this last two years, have led the way in terms of on-track entertainment.

It is for us (the V8 Trophy, or whatever we're called in 2008!) to better ourselves, and regain our position and push you guys off that top step!!
Or have a few beers together and enjoy the challenge!

I agree that the noise of the stock cars is better and the grids were looking better by the end of the season. If the pick ups had a v8 in them i believe they wud end up like the stock cars and only be able to run a few laps before they become undrivable and cause a yellow. I would like it if the stock cars did try to better them selves and i would enjoy it a lot more if u guys come and have a beer with us.

-x- Alex -x-
22nd December 2007, 18:37
For those of you who think stock cars are better and more entertaining then pickups i dont agree one bit with you. I will obviously always stand up for the pickups and debate with anyone quite happily who says stock cars are better. Pickups at the moment are on the "top step" and i can't see that changing for along time, because of how good they race and how entertaining it is to watch! Unlike the stock cars may i say...

Do the stockcars have 20 car's on the grid now? and tv? No i didn't think so.. do pickups have 20+ car's on the grid... yes, do they have tv... no but they have one up on the stockcars dont they eh?

Lauren-69xx
22nd December 2007, 19:19
For those of you who think stock cars are better and more entertaining then pickups i dont agree one bit with you. I will obviously always stand up for the pickups and debate with anyone quite happily who says stock cars are better. Pickups at the moment are on the "top step" and i can't see that changing for along time, because of how good they race and how entertaining it is to watch! Unlike the stock cars may i say...

Do the stockcars have 20 car's on the grid now? and tv? No i didn't think so.. do pickups have 20+ car's on the grid... yes, do they have tv... no but they have one up on the stockcars dont they eh?

me thinks ur talkin outta ur own arse top step i dont agree with if u waz top step u'd b on tv an gettin paid thousands like f1 and touring car etc. ur gotta long way 2 go yet dear

racing59
22nd December 2007, 20:06
Calm down NOW!!

I'm sure that Reynard will be along soon with her "tickling stick".

None of us are "top step" like F1 or BTCC, but I agree that in terms of grids & wall to wall racing pickups hold the torch at the moment.

If the pickups were like the Craftsman spec, I'd be hammering on Sonny's door!!!

We all have work to do, Pickups to be properly accepted by the road course snobs, and V8's to be accepted by anyone with a pulse!!! (lots more politics behind the scenes!!)

As for drinking beer - well we have a long way to go to match up to some of those nights at Eurocar meetings in the '90s!!

Rob.

pickup
22nd December 2007, 20:45

I could go on ...

And this kind of thread really ANNOYS me what do you think this is some kind of competition between put and scsa to see who has the best series, why would Sonny be laughing his head off ideally we really need both series running successfully at Rockingham to improve the popularity of oval racing, and i can tell you for certain he didn't look on the v8's as a threat to his series!(why would he put so much effort in trying to help them, just ask Duane) and he is still their technical advisor.
I can't see why the drivers you mentioned would want to leave put racing but if they did why would you imagine that Sonny could stop them it's a free country no long term contracts are signed you race what you want where you want, if those are your ideas you have a strange perception of the put's, John Stant has his truck for sale and i'm sure is looking to race in another formula if the V8s were more successful i know he would definately have been interested in driving in that series do you imagine Sonny could have stopped him i think not.
Do you think the TV deal that the v8's had was free! do you really think that somebody at channel 5 thought the series was so good that they would televise it, why do you imagine the v8's have declined "MONEY" that was being poured into the series has ceased so now they have to re-organise and stand on their own feet, the put could have TV coverage if they could find the 75k that a production company want to cover it.
Can we not stop this re-occuring who's best rubbish as some people really talk a load of old bo**ocks just concentrate on the positives of both series, hopefully the v8s can rebuild and in the future once again run alongside the put and really put on a good show for the Rockingham fans.
You continually make references to KJW
"do you really think KJW will be out ??????? I don't mean that by financial means but by introductions to a third party!"
what's that supposed to mean? i don't understand what you are trying to say in the context of this thread how does that apply to anything you are talking about, unless you could explain further.You seem to imply that you know that something is happening but never explain what it is, aren't you the person that said Kelly had turned down a sponsorship deal but couldn't say what it was because it involved your girlfriends fathers company and was all top secret! perhaps if Kelly has turned it down that money could go into sponsoring the v8s LOL.
I know it's out of season but come on guys instead of debating who's best just put some effort into helping the SCSA guys rebuild the series and get it back up there at the top alongside the put where they both belong.

w

Duane
22nd December 2007, 21:08
Merry Christmas everybody.

Duane

Gasman#99
22nd December 2007, 21:58
Ho Ho Ho
Santas Coming!!!!!

Gasman#99
22nd December 2007, 22:02
.[/quote]
Im going to be a good boy so as shrek and kjb dont beat me with a long stick, but ok i know we dont have 20 cars on the grid now, and if put's do then so be it, all i can say is they will have a long wait, theres no one at rockingham at christmas, and our cars are all wrapped up in bed for the winter-not on the track.....ho ho ho

Speedworx
23rd December 2007, 12:41
No oval fest planned for 2008!

Why not?

Its been the best oval meeting for the last 2 years!

pickup
23rd December 2007, 13:02
Why not?

Its been the best oval meeting for the last 2 years!

I think the promoters spedeworth/incarace decided it wasn't financially worthwhile.

Reynard
23rd December 2007, 18:15
Calm down NOW!!

I'm sure that Reynard will be along soon with her "tickling stick".

Any particular one in mind, Rob? I do have a wide variety of them you know... ;)

Regarding the V8s and the PUT, it's like comparing a Maine Coon with a Siamese... :cat: Or apples and pears, chalk and cheese, ketchup or brown sauce. ;)

Chigley
23rd December 2007, 18:56
Whilst the children have been pointlessly bickering over who's best blah, blah, blah ..... I thought we had outgrown these petty kindergarten squabbles :mad:

I've been doing a bit of surfing and unusually for me here's a bit of assumption and speculating.

The TBC date of 30/31 Aug for the PuT has intrigued me so here is something to ponder.

Looking at the BARC provisional calendar they have 30/31st Aug as Donington "Event TBA" which fuels my curiosity.
http://www.barc.net/marshals/marshaling_apply_online.php

Going to the Donington website again I find a provisional booking for 30/31st Aug for Superleague International Series (provisional) (http://www.donington-park.co.uk/race/default.asp?menu=0)

and going to that site: http://superleagueformula.com/where-en/ you end up at something that fits the bill about Sonny's mystery event that still had to have the i's dotted and the t's crossed.

100% pure speculation but it's something better to discuss than arguing over who's best

Chigley
23rd December 2007, 19:01
Oh and one other thing, Lauren-69xx can you desist from using text type; there's no penalty or financial cost in typing properly and it'd far easier to understand. :)

briggs'mechanic
23rd December 2007, 19:54
If you think about it! it must be real political behind the scenes of racing,

BORING YAWN BLAH BLAH BLAH same rubbish from you just a different day, PUT's don't hate V8's and V8's don't hate PUT's, have you not got anything useful to say.

-x- Alex -x-
23rd December 2007, 20:31
"me thinks ur talkin outta ur own arse top step i dont agree with if u waz top step u'd b on tv an gettin paid thousands like f1 and touring car etc. ur gotta long way 2 go yet dear"

Love i think you'll find your the one chattin out your own arse - we aren't comparing pickup's to F1 and touring cars are we? No i didn't think we was.

Reynard
23rd December 2007, 21:56
Will you lot kindly stop that.

Some of the language and behaviour on this thread is beginning to border somewhat on the unacceptable.

Dave17
24th December 2007, 11:45
Going to the Donington website again I find a provisional booking for 30/31st Aug for Superleague International Series (provisional) (http://www.donington-park.co.uk/race/default.asp?menu=0)

Football hooligans of the world unite!!!! :arrows:
Galatasaray SK and Flamengo fans are already taking pops at each other in the "comments" section :s tareup:
No British teams as yet.

dsracer28
24th December 2007, 16:52
im not tryin to argue with anyone!!! (i know it doesnt look like that but hey)

anyone counting how many days til the start of the season????
Can't wait!

anyways guys and girls merry christmas!!!!

x :) x:)

Gasman#99
24th December 2007, 19:32
I know im probably going to get my head bit off for this but hay whats new, with all this negativity going on,which isnt new its allways been like that on here against the V8's, isnt it about time the so called top step fans disapeared from here and go and play on the put's site, after all isnt this suppose to be the SCSA cars forum?????? enough said i think. :angryfire :hot:

kjb
24th December 2007, 23:02
huh and i'd never noticed it before!!! :-)

pickup
25th December 2007, 01:17
isnt it about time the so called top step fans disapeared from here and go and play on the put's site, after all isnt this suppose to be the SCSA cars forum?????? enough said i think. :angryfire :hot:

OHHH we haven't had this mentioned before!!! nice friendly people these v8 guys.

Gasman#99
25th December 2007, 17:21
[quote="pickup"]OHHH we haven't had this mentioned before!!! nice friendly people these v8 guys.[/quot
pot-kettle me thinks. you never see the ascars saying in the past "top step", the difference being we allways said the scsa and put's were a good package where as most of the put's folk on here all ways seem to slag the scsa car numbers, how many yellows are thrown, how boring the driving is, etc etc etc.

Tractorboy.
25th December 2007, 22:05
OHHH we haven't had this mentioned before!!! nice friendly people these v8 guys.[/quot
pot-kettle me thinks. you never see the ascars saying in the past "top step", the difference being we allways said the scsa and put's were a good package where as most of the put's folk on here all ways seem to slag the scsa car numbers, how many yellows are thrown, how boring the driving is, etc etc etc.

true bremner.

Reynard
25th December 2007, 22:38
Can I remind you gentlemen to mind yourselves please and keep this discussion fit for good company.

racing59
26th December 2007, 22:15
OHHH we haven't had this mentioned before!!! nice friendly people these v8 guys.

Yeah but no but....

You would find that many of the detractors from the V8's would NOT be people first-hand involved with PuT's, just "fans" with very strong opinions. Therefore, I'm not "doing" this argument.

And neither should you.

It's like footing-the-ball supporters shouting that their team is better that the other team, even though both of them are in the relegation zone of Div 9.

Our kind of racing - large banked oval - is in Division 12, and we have a lot of work TOGETHER to do getting it back into Division 8, let alone 1!

You could say that Sonny has managed to keep 'our dream' alive at Rockingham by getting dates to run on the oval. Had there been no oval races there in 2008, it may have been very very difficult getting some in 2009. That is our goal.

The following is my opinion - and if you don't like it, so? It is a free country after all:

[Begin:rant_mode]
There are those that think we should only race at Rockingham - to that I say "wake up". Yes, the facilities are great, yes our cars are designed to run on it, but they were also designed to turn right and left in the same lap, and we should be taking our "way of racing" to the masses.
My feeling would be 1/4 to 1/2 of our season to be there, and the rest elsewhere. I keep saying we have to go to Germany - but it looks like we have work to do over there to be "wanted" enough for them to ask us back.

A lot of things went on behind the scenes in years past that have upset the MSA, the establishment, and the very people that we now need to survive. For example, you don't threaten to tell the MSA to 'off out of it' and then expect them to be very helpful, especially when their man at the helm runs the very championship that we could blow into the weeds if we were 30 cars, doing both Oval and Road Course in terms of entertainment.

No way can we compete against them in financial terms, they have manufacturers throwing their money around desperate to sell cars. Big bucks sponsors looking for the exposure of being associated with it, and TV companies PAYING THEM for the pleasure of showing the races on the box (hence the races being shuffled around or canned so they get the main races on their TV slots).

We could with a big bucks megasponsor behind us, and the support from the public. But this is England. The country where Big Brother on Grass get's more media exposure than important issues in our lives like money, health, security, and p.poor government. Motorsport will never succeed as a proper public entertainment without major marketing and the backing of the media. And that's unconditional backing - not backing because they're being bribed.

Would we ever get that - not while we burn guzzoline, and are seen as environmentally friendly as a bunch of Brazillians with chainsaws. We have to be high profile bio-fuel fed "tree huggers" as much as possible, and to push it to show Joe Public that they don't need to run on petrol to go fast, with the aid of the media that so hates us.

[End:rant_mode]

Rob.

Reynard
26th December 2007, 22:36
You know what, Rob? You're talking so much sense there. Couldn't agree with you more. :up:

pickup
27th December 2007, 12:28
Yeah but no but....

You would find that many of the detractors from the V8's would NOT be people first-hand involved with PuT's, just "fans" with very strong opinions. Therefore, I'm not "doing" this argument.

and TV companies PAYING THEM for the pleasure of showing the races on the box

Rob.

Here here, we seem to be singing from the same sheet and look your'e from SCSA and i'm from PUT's maybe we can get on after all LOL.
I just wish people would read properly what is being written and also who is posting it.
As you have said (and i previously) the majority of people involved with put would want SCSA to succeed so both series can run together at Rockingham (not literally) to keep oval racing alive, i'm not sure that just one formula will do this.
I don't see why people are annoyed by Sonny's comment's the put's are his series what would you expect him to say "don't come to watch it's rubbish" just take it in the right context and cocentrate on pushing the v8's up those steps, and from a put team member i wish you good luck in 2008!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY.

kjb
28th December 2007, 17:32
well that put a stop to that topic then! ;-)

Tiesse
29th December 2007, 14:41
What can I say, I have been busy concentrating on my winter sport choice of ice hockey & just thought while I've got a few spare moments, I'd dip into the friendly SCSA forum that I last posted on in the summer to catch up on what's been going on.

Firstly, yes I am disapointed that there seems to be less V8 racing at Rockingham next year, however if that's what is needed to kick start the V8 racing with the wider audience then I support the decision.

I was personally leaning towards the racing of the puts towards the end of last season, but as Rob says in one of his posts, you cannot beat the noise of a V8 as it thunders it's way around the track.

I don't know what has happened for such a friendly bunch of people to get as personal as this thread seems to have become, but to me there is more than enough room in my heart for both factions (V8 & puts).

Quite how a thread about PUT fixtures can have developed as this has puzzles me.

Anyway, back to normality now for me.

A belated Happy Xmas to everyone (peace & goodwill to you all!), may the new year be a prosperous one for us all (including the V8s & PUTs!).

truckmonster
29th December 2007, 22:09
I think this forum has always been for SCSA and pick ups,it is only fair as many people either are or have worked and being involved with them both anyway,so it should remain like that! :beer: :beer: :beer: Happy New Year!

Yung
30th December 2007, 03:04
Can someone help me clarify on the Thruxton race date?? Because on the Pickup Trucks website its on "2nd/3rd August, Thruxton, (with BTRA and FIA Trucks)" but on the British Truck Racing website its on "9-10/8/8 Thruxton"

Yung
5th January 2008, 02:48
Happy 2008!

Yung
20th January 2008, 03:42
Anyone any news on Augusts race meetings for pickup trucks??? Is Thruxton on the weekend of 1st or 8th???? And I need some evidence to confirm the dates..........And what of probable Donington on the weekend of 29th?????

Need to know OFFICIALLY the dates asap so then I can organise with work here to get to the races.

Dave17
20th January 2008, 12:14
.....And what of probable Donington on the weekend of 29th?????

This is purely a guess as it only states TBA on the fixtures at the moment.

Sticker Rub
21st January 2008, 20:01
Anyone any news on Augusts race meetings for pickup trucks??? Is Thruxton on the weekend of 1st or 8th???? And I need some evidence to confirm the dates..........

According to the website http://www.pickuptruckracing.com/next/next.html Thruxton's on 2nd/3rd August.