PDA

View Full Version : I am in love!

Magnus
15th December 2007, 12:04
On friday I went to Gothenbourg. For no real reason at all I stopped by at BMW. That was a stupid desicion; they had the new Mini Cooper Clubman S there, which I took for a ride! fantastic! Now I can not stop thinking about it, and my still quite nice looking 330 CI which I bought in april 2006 is no fun at all any more. Another aspect is that the Clubman is pretty fast aswell, doing 0-100 in 7,6 compared to my 330 with 6,5. The acceleration betwen 8-120 is even better. All I want is for someone to buy the 330. Now!
You can look at the Clubman here: http://www.mini.se/se/sv/mini_cooper_s_clubman/index.jsp

Now: there is a long waiting if I order a new one, but there is one in Stockholm which I can have before christmas, but I can not afford to buy it before I get rid of the ***** 330.
I do not know what to do... :(

So what do you guys think, am I stupid changing to the Clubman from the 330 or is it a mature desicion? Do you like the Clubman or is it just me?

Zico
15th December 2007, 13:01
Hmm.. not for me. Id say going from RWD - FWD is a step backwards.. but then I haven't driven either. If YOU really like it that much then.. its your call.

The Civic Type-R FD2 Saloon (NOT the hatch!) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LmwwsWmPhr4 is the only current 4- door FWD car I'd buy. Its getting rave reviews and reckoned to be quicker and superior to the New Integra Type-R.

Daniel
15th December 2007, 13:34
WTF? Someone likes the Mini Clubman?

Magnus. You seem a really sensible guy. Don't do this ;)

J4MIE
15th December 2007, 14:50
Go for it Magnus, you only live once :up:

GridGirl
15th December 2007, 15:29
If your going to spend money on a car I've always been of the opinion that you should buy something that you really like because lets face it, you going to be stuck for it for a couple of years atleast. Plus its probably going to be your second most expensive purchase after a house so you might as well go for something that you really want.

Personally I wouldn't buy a Clubman, but then again I don't think a Mini is a proper Mini unless it's made in Longbridge.

airshifter
15th December 2007, 17:58
My view is similar to Gridgirls.

When it comes to purchases, I really don't care what everyone else likes, I care what I like. I think Mini's are cool, but it really shouldn't matter to you what I think anyway! :laugh:

Drew
15th December 2007, 19:25
I thought we were going to get pictures of Scandinavian blondes :( :p :

Magnus
20th December 2007, 16:40
Finally decided and ordered the car yesterday... the studtyres will arrive around 3-4 of january, so I will have to wait til then
Here she is, she will spend the xmas holidays in Stockholm.:
http://www.blocket.se/vi/14369088.htm?ca=15_s[/url]

gadjo_dilo
21st December 2007, 09:11
It's better to fall in love with a girl.

Magnus
21st December 2007, 10:35

I guess you will also gain experience and wisdome as time goes by so for time being I forgive you your odd thoughts
Besides: she is a girl
;)

Drew
21st December 2007, 14:43

But it's probably cheaper and less stressful to fall in love with a car :p :

Storm
21st December 2007, 15:43
I would never let go of a BMW if I had it...

Rudy Tamasz
21st December 2007, 15:48
Check "I'm In Love With My Car" from Queen's "A Night in the Opera", a pretty cool song.

SEATFreak
21st December 2007, 16:14

That has to be one of the most ridiculous ideas I have ever heard.

OK cars cannot physically love but they don't dissapoint or hurt you in the way girls can. Not that I am talking from experience.

But I was really in love with my dads old car the red Mazda 323 we had. For the first time I was really gutted when we got rid to go look for another.

Especially knowing what I know now about our new one; an old late 90's Mitsubishi Shogun. We seem to have had no end of problems with it. Worryingly the daughter of a family friend had virtually an identical one but it was a LWB version. Ongoing technical issues turned into a fire. They had to leave the smouldering wreck on the hardshoulder.

I cannot wait for the day, if and when it happens, for my dad to get a second hand SEAT Freetrack. I really wish my old dad hadn't sold our Mazda 323.

Azumanga Davo
22nd December 2007, 08:41
Go for it Magnus, you only live once :up:

LOL, dying of shame does not count. ;) :D

I dunno, I kinda think it's good that cars are now starting to look in bold and different directions (Smart for their space saving designs, FIAT for the retro 500 and Perodua for... um, being rather slow, dangerous, cheap, tacky etc.). I for one would be very happy to have a Clubman for anything different to the usual bland repmobiles out there... :)

Magnus
13th January 2008, 18:59
Ok, say what you will, but this weekend I went up to Stockholm and bought my Clubman :)
It was a bit annoying though; there is something wrong with the xenon-lights so they are calibrating them selves way to high, thus irritating meeting cars. A lot of light flashes...
Not very professional from the guys that invented Xenon-headlights...
I will have BMW-Group Gothenbourg look at it asap.
Besides: anyone interested in a very nice BMW 330Ci?
:D

J4MIE
14th January 2008, 01:17
And photos Magnus? :up:

Magnus
14th January 2008, 09:17
IŽll get back to you with them :)

Magnus
14th January 2008, 10:59
http://bredelius.wordpress.com/2008/01/14/mini-cooper-s-clubman/
A pic of me and my daughter and my Clubman :)
Since I am not on friendly terms with the means of publishing pics here on the forum I had to create a new blog. My old one is only abt politics and i thought this pic would somewhat confuse my readers...

Erki
14th January 2008, 11:11
Hey, Magnus, remember me, your old friend! ;) :D Your daughter is very nice too. :)

Any chance of a road trip to Estonia? :bounce: :D

leopard
14th January 2008, 11:27
Hey, Magnus, remember me, your old friend! Your daughter is very nice too.
Are you considering to call him Dad? ;) :D

Mag...nificent, Congratulations ;)

J4MIE
14th January 2008, 12:54
Looks nice :D

Magnus
14th January 2008, 19:22
BTW: what on earth is this?
http://news.windingroad.com/auto-news/bmw/spied-mystery-mini-mule/

Donney
15th January 2008, 08:47
Time to enjoy Magnus, congratulations.