PDA

View Full Version : Toca Race Driver One / Race Driver : Grid

harvick#1
14th December 2007, 19:40
its Drift racing now :mad: actually about 50/50. :mark:

seriously, can we have one racing game that doesn't have stupid drifting ala NFS bul****,

UKOG~Will
14th December 2007, 19:53
I agree, the new racing games are getting past a joke, unappealing to the racing gent and appealing to stupid boy racers driving Opel Corsa's at 80mph on village roads.

AndyRAC
19th December 2007, 09:20
Having been on the Codemasters website, it seems the game is to be more 'arcadey'. Why?? Why can't they get the BTCC license, whats wrong with having Touring Car championships from around the world. I still enjoy TOCA WTC, wish they'd stop trying to dumb down their games for the World/USA market.

MrJan
19th December 2007, 20:03
I like the drifting games, NFS is quite cool, but only because other games are supposed to do the simulation thing. TOCA 2 is a classicly difficult racing sim that, in my mind, has never been equalled. GT4 and Forza look good and have lots of cars, PGR3 sounds great and NFS is interesting for boy racing culture but apparently we can't have a decent racing game for consoles any more.

rich_cooper
21st December 2007, 11:48
As a drifting fan i like the fact that drifting is being put into games like TOCA. Not everyone who watches drifting is a stupid boy racers driving Opel Corsa's at 80mph on village roads. Drifting is a massive sport driven by very skillfull drivers in very good well set-up cars!

As for them getting the BTCC back in the game, the license would be very expencive to get and the BTCC is not a globel championship, and the game goes globel and does not just sell in the UK.

harvick#1
21st December 2007, 17:31
they already make drifting games, Need for Speed, a title ruined by the Drifting craze.

now Toca/TRD is falling next. I like real racing, not some 1991 Silvia doing some burnouts around a corner.

Peter Vuko
21st December 2007, 21:12
"on ya harvs"....I'm with you!!!

3Focus
11th January 2008, 17:36
They've totally sold out to the Krooz scene and I suppose who can blame them given the popularity of NFS etc.

Every time a new game comes out it annoys me to find that they are full of endless racing series and cars. It's as if GT has made everyone think it's quantity not quality that matters :mad:

Toca 2 was their best by a long shot. Race Driver with it's stupid storyline started a big decline!!

I'm tempted to write an angry email :D

Pawprint
11th January 2008, 17:45
I loved the first ToCA most, but probably because I haven't played ToCA 2.

MrJan
12th January 2008, 19:33
TOCA 2 is immense, you have to play it. I remember on the playstation there was a cheat so that you could do the full races in the championship (about 40 laps for the Brands feature race) and it was proper raciong. PLus if you swerve towards someone in the right way they spin off :D There was a time when TOCA 2, CMR2 and FIFA 98 took up pretty much all my spare time. Good times :up:

3Focus
14th January 2008, 12:41
Yep. They are still the best implemented weather effects in a game yet in my opinion and the pit chatter and strategy is fantastic.

It used to be great when for example you messed up your qualifying lap and were stuck at the back of the grid for the race. Then you had to decide do you work your way through the field and stay out for as long as you can or do you come in early, avoid the traffic and get new tyres on a clear track :D

It was so tense as well trying to hold off cars behind on a wet Oulton Park. Every corner you're expecting a tap to send you off the track. I had it on PC with a force feedback wheel. Awesome, truly awesome :D