Norway: Petter Solberg / Henning Solberg

Scotland: David Coulthard / Alister McRae

Scandinavia: Tom Kristensen / Mattias Ekström

USA: Jimmie Johnson / Travis Pastrana

Anyone will watch it ? :D

Sturla
14th December 2007, 13:52
Is there any place to watch it live?

I think US, Norway and Scandinavia has the strongest lineup :)

pino
14th December 2007, 13:54
I believe Eurosport will send it "live" but I am not sure :)

GridGirl
14th December 2007, 14:02
My heart tells me to support England but my head tells me that Finland or Germany will win it.

I'm hoping it won't be too cold, I start to shiver just thinking about it. The last weather forecasts I looked at said it would be zero degrees all day with no cloud cover so it could make for some interesting track conditions.

Tom206wrc
14th December 2007, 14:04
Interesting the idea to take also S2000 cars on that race ;)

sal
14th December 2007, 16:39
I believe Sky Sports are a "partner" so it may not be available for non subscribers certainly in the UK...

pettersolberg29
14th December 2007, 16:39
Sorry to sound so un-patriotic but I'm going to Wembley on Sunday with my giant Norway flag, supporting the Solbergs!

And GridGirl, I'm sure that this ROC is the first undercover race, as in the roof will be closed so it shouldn't be too cold and the track will be fine. Correct me if I'm wrong though!

Tomi
14th December 2007, 16:57
France, England, Germany and Scandinavia looks quite strong this year.

TMorel
14th December 2007, 17:27
damn damn damn damn
My plans just all fell apart so I won't be able to make it now :(

I'll be here waving my German and Scottish flags in support of two of my favourite drivers :)

Simmi
14th December 2007, 17:28
Sorry to sound so un-patriotic but I'm going to Wembley on Sunday with my giant Norway flag, supporting the Solbergs!

And GridGirl, I'm sure that this ROC is the first undercover race, as in the roof will be closed so it shouldn't be too cold and the track will be fine. Correct me if I'm wrong though!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think the new Wembley has a roof on it.

On the website it looks like it will be streamed on the Eurosport website. I couldnt find any info about this does anyone know?

http://www.raceofchampions.com/tv_schedule,9.html

I was hoping to watch it but it partly clashes with my beloved Manchester United!

GridGirl
14th December 2007, 17:29

Unless its about 35 degrees I'm always cold. :p

I'm hoping they don't rip us off for food and drink but I'm sure I'll end up paying £7 for a disgusting burger somewhere along the lines.

SanjayKumar
14th December 2007, 18:37
I think the US, Scandinavia, and Germany have promising lineups for the title...Go USA!

I just wish instead of Jimmie Johnson they had someone like Scott Pruett.

SteveA
14th December 2007, 19:22
Unless its about 35 degrees I'm always cold.

Oh, it'll be at least 35 degrees (Fahrenheit!)

SubaruNorway
14th December 2007, 19:32
1 Norway
2 Finland
3 USA - if Johnson don't race :s pinhead:

Pastrana as champion

pettersolberg29
14th December 2007, 19:55
1 Norway
2 Finland
3 USA - if Johnson don't race :s pinhead:

Pastrana as champion

An unbiased view there!!! :)

But I have to agree that Norway and Finland are probably the best two teams there, followed by Germany.

I'm really looking forward to the ROC - my friends's dad has got a Paddock Pass, and is taking me in because he knows what a massive PETTER FAN I am!!!

SteveA
14th December 2007, 19:59
This should be of interest to those thinking of taking serious camera gear to Wembley...

http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=396850&postcount=30

Wilderness
14th December 2007, 20:06
Since when Finland and Norway got kicked out of Scandinavia?

VFTS
14th December 2007, 20:45
Finland have never been in Scandinavia.

Scandinavian countries: Norway, Sweden and Denmark
Nordic countries: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland.

Exhausted
14th December 2007, 21:18
How come Sebastian Loeb isn't coming?

If only they could loose those silly ROC cars, did anybody here ever enjoy them?

SubaruNorway
14th December 2007, 21:26
How come Sebastian Loeb isn't coming?

If only they could loose those silly ROC cars, did anybody here ever enjoy them?

Don't think those are to bad as they actualy go sideways, i think the "supercars" are the least entertaining as i think the drivers are to scared of writing them off :D

Fleur
15th December 2007, 06:04
Norway have a strong team, and also germany and scotland.

pino
15th December 2007, 07:19
poll added and I voted Scandinavia :D

F1boat
15th December 2007, 10:41
I think that Scandinavia will win it. Ekstrom is very strong in this race. Germany and Finland also look promising, and I wouldn't underestimate any of the other teams.

Juppe
15th December 2007, 10:46
I may be patriotic, but I think Finland will take it.

The same team has won it before and they are even better now.

I'll never forget that Heikki beat Michael on his way to the top previously and Sebastian Loeb in a WRC car!

Zico
15th December 2007, 10:48
Between Finland, Norway and Scandinavia I reckon.. but its a fine line between success and failure due to the penalty system.
I voted Finland as the line-up looks very strong... and I'd love to see Marcus finish his last WRC year on a high.

grugsticles
15th December 2007, 11:01
Im not up with how the Race Of Champions is run and organised, but is there a reason why Australia doesnt have an entry?
Im sure Mark Webber and Chris Atkinson would put on a decent showing.

DazzlaF1
15th December 2007, 13:11
Me thinks it'll be either Norway or Finland who'll win it, but being patriotic i'd love to see England do it

pino
15th December 2007, 14:06
Here's TV coverage :

http://www.raceofchampions.com/tv_schedule,9.html

pentti
15th December 2007, 15:30
Here's TV coverage :

http://www.raceofchampions.com/tv_schedule,9.htmlSo UK is the only country to show live the whole thing.Important reason for me to live in in UK.A lot of motorsport.

pentti
15th December 2007, 15:34
I think the US, Scandinavia, and Germany have promising lineups for the title...Go USA!

I just wish instead of Jimmie Johnson they had someone like Scott Pruett.What have you get against Jimmie? He comes from off-road backround and beat every body few years ago in ROC. Scott Pruett! He could not beat even Montoya.

GridGirl
15th December 2007, 15:45
I doubt many UK viewers will actually watch RoC. Manchester United play Liverpool and Arsenal take on Chelsea tomorrow, both those matches will get much more tv viewers than RoC will.

Tomi
15th December 2007, 15:48
So UK is the only country to show live the whole thing.Important reason for me to live in in UK.A lot of motorsport.

and finland shows it too on mtv3 max.

pino
15th December 2007, 15:51
I doubt many UK viewers will actually watch RoC. Manchester United play Liverpool and Arsenal take on Chelsea tomorrow, both those matches will get much more tv viewers than RoC will.

If I were living in UK, I know what I would watch ;)

Simmi
15th December 2007, 16:40

Huge amounts of channel flicking will take place in my house. I think it is nice Sky Sports are taking a bit more of an interest in motorsport at the moment with A1 GP, IRL and now the ROC.

pino
15th December 2007, 16:49
Huge amounts of channel flicking will take place in my house. I think it is nice Sky Sports are taking a bit more of an interest in motorsport at the moment with A1 GP, IRL and now the ROC.

How about an invitation ? I can bring a good pizza and a great ital wine :p :

Simmi
15th December 2007, 17:41
How about an invitation ? I can bring a good pizza and a great ital wine :p :

Pino my friend if you can get to West Yorkshire, England for lunchtime tomorrow then you are more then welcome to join me!

pino
15th December 2007, 17:44
Pino my friend if you can get to West Yorkshire, England for lunchtime tomorrow then you are more then welcome to join me!

Was joking but will consider the offer next year...thanks anyway :D

Simmi
15th December 2007, 17:49
It looks like Henning is having fun:

http://www.vgb.no/6339

NoahsGirl
15th December 2007, 18:18
I can't wait to watch this on Sky tomorrow - will be supporting Scotland and France ;)

SanjayKumar
15th December 2007, 19:04
What have you get against Jimmie? He comes from off-road backround and beat every body few years ago in ROC. Scott Pruett! He could not beat even Montoya.

He's unbelievably talented and I have respect for him and his skills, but I want to see a driver changeup to see how they do too...and Pruett did not beat Montoya because Montoya hit him to cheat to the victory.

Simmi
15th December 2007, 19:13
He's unbelievably talented and I have respect for him and his skills, but I want to see a driver changeup to see how they do too...and Pruett did not beat Montoya because Montoya hit him to cheat to the victory.

You dont think Montoya would have overtaken him before the end?

SanjayKumar
15th December 2007, 23:57
You dont think Montoya would have overtaken him before the end?

No. Montoya was doing really well but Pruett was holding his own and while JPM is obviously a very talented driver, but so is Scott...I think he would have taken it.

RS
16th December 2007, 12:25
Does anyone know if this is going to be on tv in the UK at all not on Sky Sports. I don't have it and it doesn't appear to be on Eurosport.

J4MIE
16th December 2007, 13:48
Couple of photos:

http://www.ukrallying.com/uploads/AudiMadGeoff/2007-12-16_130358_roc3.jpg

http://www.ukrallying.com/uploads/AudiMadGeoff/2007-12-16_130420_roc2.jpg

And here is Matt Wilson in an 07 Focus....

http://www.ukrallying.com/uploads/AudiMadGeoff/2007-12-16_142237_matt2.jpg

http://www.ukrallying.com/uploads/AudiMadGeoff/2007-12-16_142304_matt3.jpg

http://www.ukrallying.com/uploads/AudiMadGeoff/2007-12-16_142337_matt4.jpg

Magnus
16th December 2007, 14:04
bit ot, but reading hennings blog and looking at his pics gives the impression that he certainly has the time of his life! It´s almost as he considers himself as a tourist in the wrc-circus. He seems to be a really nice and laid back guy henning, hope he will do even better in next years wrc!

SteveA
16th December 2007, 14:23
Does anyone know if this is going to be on tv in the UK at all not on Sky Sports. I don't have it and it doesn't appear to be on Eurosport.

I think Eurosport will be showing highlights at a later date. Sky Sports is your only option for live coverage.

SubaruNorway
16th December 2007, 14:46
http://www.raceofchampions.com/results,24.html

SubaruNorway
16th December 2007, 15:29
Neil Cole interviewing for eurosport there to

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=1929371&ch=1929371&src=ukeurosport

SubaruNorway
16th December 2007, 15:37
haha mr ferrari not happy with the S2000

SubaruNorway
16th December 2007, 15:46
Haha Grönholm beaten by Vettel in the Focus

Liz Bolton
16th December 2007, 16:09
Just watched Nations Cup. Just want to know why Gronholm is in Focus for each of his races, thought point of this was they all race in different cars not the car they are most use too. Although glad Vettel beat him!!!!!

BeerBro
16th December 2007, 16:14
i love how when Schumacher was asked whether or not the S2000 car will have a future or not, he simply replied, "No."

LOL.

1LM1
16th December 2007, 17:02
i love how when Schumacher was asked whether or not the S2000 car will have a future or not, he simply replied, "No."

LOL.

What does he mean by that? Did he have some trouble with the Punto?

Liz Bolton
16th December 2007, 17:20
Yes he stalled it in the nation cup.

SubaruNorway
16th December 2007, 17:31
Petter having car problems again LOL

Viking
16th December 2007, 17:39
The "white roof" Focus was clearly the fastest in nations cup.

SteveA
16th December 2007, 17:47
The online Eurosport coverage is useful, but where's the commentary?!

MJW
16th December 2007, 17:50
I think Eurosport will be showing highlights at a later date. Sky Sports is your only option for live coverage.
And absolutely sh1t coverage it is too. I paid to upgrade my subscription to get Sky sports for one month,just for ROC, now I cant wait to cancel it. Mind you I have criticised Eurosport for their unreliable scheduling in the past but now having seen Sky's effort at motorsport makes me realise how good Eurosport and MOTORS TV are!!! They are the motorsports channels for Europe.

SubaruNorway
16th December 2007, 18:02
Sound is good though, nice 360 by Kovalainen.

Why the hell do they have penalty for hiting things?

SteveA
16th December 2007, 18:06
Sound is good though, nice 360 by Kovalainen

Indeed - The Aston's sound great without some muppet talking over their V8 "music" ;)

SteveA
16th December 2007, 18:21
Oh - Priaulx - Our last hope.... :(

Magnus
16th December 2007, 18:21
To bad for Bosse, but then again tar is not his surface.
Really bad swedish commentators on eurosport, they did not even no who pastrana is...
:s

SteveA
16th December 2007, 18:51
Well done (again) Ekström - nice try Schuey!

Magnus
16th December 2007, 19:00
Congrats Ekström!!!
:D

SubaruNorway
16th December 2007, 19:03
So kind of a rally win then anyway ;)

badterminal
16th December 2007, 19:07
The way I saw it Schuey threw that at the very last minute!!!.
Thats my opinion!!!.

Micke_VOC
16th December 2007, 19:16
Ekström winner again... please go back to WRC again...

1LM1
16th December 2007, 19:37
Yes he stalled it in the nation cup.

Thanks.

F1boat
16th December 2007, 19:51
Nice race, although I'd have liked to see Schumacher to win it.

Finni
16th December 2007, 20:29

I think it's no news that wrc-driver gets beaten in wrc in that race. The same has happened to Loeb also few times with as big diff as in other cars as well.

N.O.T
16th December 2007, 20:48
lost its character since it was moved from the Canary islands

Erki
16th December 2007, 22:26
Why some people here picked Norway to win I don't understand. :confused:

I must also add, Schumi's overalls were very cool. :up:

GridGirl
16th December 2007, 23:35
GRRRRR pictures of ST's with foglights, oh its not fair. :p

Just got back from RoC and jeeeeezzz was it cold. I still haven't thawed out 3 hours later. It was a good day out but I think they need to seriously reduce the ticket prices for next year if they want more people to go.

Daniel
17th December 2007, 00:20
It wasn't cold gg. It was bloody freezing! Thought I saw your car in a service but then realised the car had foglights :-p

Josti
17th December 2007, 07:57
Why didn't they drive the Focus in the final with Schumacher and Ekström? They drove the Vauxhall 2 times :\ , any problems with the Ford's?

I agree with NOT btw, this event totally lost it's character. These stadium stages are quite boring, combined with most of the cars that are driven. It was so great when they still drove those S1 Quattro's to the limit. I guess sponsors get more profit from these kind of locations.

Daniel
17th December 2007, 08:11
Why didn't they drive the Focus in the final with Schumacher and Ekström? They drove the Vauxhall 2 times :\ , any problems with the Ford's?

I agree with NOT btw, this event totally lost it's character. These stadium stages are quite boring, combined with most of the cars that are driven. It was so great when they still drove those S1 Quattro's to the limit. I guess sponsors get more profit from these kind of locations.
If you'd been there you'd have appreciated it for what it is and now what it used to be. The level of car control showed by the drivers simply amazed me......

Josti
17th December 2007, 08:27
If you'd been there you'd have appreciated it for what it is and now what it used to be. The level of car control showed by the drivers simply amazed me......

Doesn't take away the fact that it lost it's character. I'm not underrating any driver btw, nor am I saying it's a lauzy event. But you can't deny the fact that it's more a sponsor privilage these days.

I just don't like stadium stages, that's my opinion.

GridGirl
17th December 2007, 08:32
Schumacher wouldn't be contractually allowed to driver the Fords, hence him driving the Fiats all the time. I think the same goes for Gronholm who was always driving the Fords and nothing else.

Funniest thing of the day had to be Matthew Wilson (well I'm guessing it was him) driving straight out onto the track and crashing into the first corner and breaking all the Focus's suspension. Doh!

Jadhu
17th December 2007, 08:58
Finland have never been in Scandinavia.

Scandinavian countries: Norway, Sweden and Denmark
Nordic countries: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland.

Wrong ; > We are scandinavian country. Scandinavian countries are Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark.

Daniel
17th December 2007, 09:38
Doesn't take away the fact that it lost it's character. I'm not underrating any driver btw, nor am I saying it's a lauzy event. But you can't deny the fact that it's more a sponsor privilage these days.

I just don't like stadium stages, that's my opinion.
Yes but it's not part of the WRC or anything. It's an opportunity for everyone to let their hair down and see great drivers driving AND make money for charity.

Daniel
17th December 2007, 09:38
Schumacher wouldn't be contractually allowed to driver the Fords, hence him driving the Fiats all the time. I think the same goes for Gronholm who was always driving the Fords and nothing else.

Funniest thing of the day had to be Matthew Wilson (well I'm guessing it was him) driving straight out onto the track and crashing into the first corner and breaking all the Focus's suspension. Doh!
Where were you sitting? :) That happened right in front of me..... truly hilarious.

White Sauron
17th December 2007, 09:44
The best moment of the race was when Heikki and Michael fought on the track! A great duel, and the Punto looked great!

Daniel
17th December 2007, 09:46
The best moment of the race was when Heikki and Michael fought on the track! A great duel, and the Punto looked great!
I bet it didn't look half as good as it looked in person.

Josti
17th December 2007, 09:50
Yes but it's not part of the WRC or anything. It's an opportunity for everyone to let their hair down and see great drivers driving AND make money for charity.

WRC or not, I'm not a fan of it. Point was that it's not the event what it used to be. But yes, it's just for fun and for charity which is good, but people who have knowledge of the old event, know that this is not really as big as some people tend to say.

ioan
17th December 2007, 10:02
There's a guy called Sebastian that looks like a good prospect for a favorite driver in the near future, and I'm not talking about Bourdais.

Daniel
17th December 2007, 10:02
WRC or not, I'm not a fan of it. Point was that it's not the event what it used to be. But yes, it's just for fun and for charity which is good, but people who have knowledge of the old event, know that this is not really as big as some people tend to say.
Boohoo! Don't rubbish something you haven't seen in person :) If you'd been there and seen what I saw you would have a different opinion.

Josti
17th December 2007, 10:09
Boohoo! Don't rubbish something you haven't seen in person :) If you'd been there and seen what I saw you would have a different opinion.

Opinions are different Daniel, no matter what you say. I think it's a great event, and I'm sure you enjoy it when you see it live. But again, these publicity locations did have a negative effect on the events character, especially for the early fans of the event. I'm surprised you don't realize that.

Daniel
17th December 2007, 10:40
Opinions are different Daniel, no matter what you say. I think it's a great event, and I'm sure you enjoy it when you see it live. But again, these publicity locations did have a negative effect on the events character, especially for the early fans of the event. I'm surprised you don't realize that.
Yes but the character of the event is not really all that important. It's just for fun. If this was a WRC event I'd want it held in the best possible place even if it's in Antarctica and I have no chance of ever seeing the event. At the end of the day the original event was inaccessible to most people then from that PoV what's the point? If this was a serious event I'd be right there with you complaining but it's not so why not appreciate the light hearted nature of the event and appreciate the drivers that you can see and the level of car control they show. Why should F1 and touring car drivers go drive on a specialised surface (gravel) and make a fool out of themselves when the battle can be fought on a fairly level playing field and we can see some close racing. I for one am glad Michael Schumacher was there. Say what you want about his sportsmanship and Ferrari but by god the man can drive a car with a level of control that most can only dream about. Fair play to him showing up in overalls in the colours of the charity they were sponsoring too.

I agree the solution F cars were absolute rubbish btw. Quite boring to watch although Priaulx did coax a nice slide out of one of them :)

If it was up to me the 5 cars would have been
Xsara
Punto S2000
Quattro S1
Aston Martin N24
RoC Buggy

Brother John
17th December 2007, 12:33
I for one am glad Michael Schumacher was there. Say what you want about his sportsmanship and Ferrari but by god the man can drive a car with a level of control that most can only dream about. Fair play to him showing up in overalls in the colours of the charity they were sponsoring too.

It´s all fake! ;) About Michael Schumacher....... :rolleyes: Why he won´t to drive the Focus and he said, I must have that yellow solution F in the final?
ROC is not worth the name and is just a money thing for some people! :s mokin:

Daniel
17th December 2007, 12:42
Hey he lost anyway :)

Marcus didn't drive any of the non-Ford producst so you could say the same of him. Drivers have contracts. That's all really.

Why do people have to be so cynical and negative about what is essentially a great event. Don't like it? Put your best of the 80's rallying dvd's in and watch them leave others to enjoy what is a great event :dozey:

Brother John
17th December 2007, 13:05
Why do people have to be so cynical and negative about what is essentially a great event.

:D Nice to see that you like a "FAKE" event. ;) The world is full with Fake! :p :

GridGirl
17th December 2007, 13:15
Where were you sitting? :) That happened right in front of me..... truly hilarious.

I was sat at the final corner. :)

Brother John, Schumacher will not have been allowed to drive the Focus. As a technical adviser of Ferrari, Fiat are hardly going to want him seen by a global audience driving a Ford. So what if he drove the yellow Solution F in the final race. If the final race was in the RoC buggies Schumacher probably would of won the event as he was by far the fastest driver in them. It wasn't and he didn't win. Better luck to him next year if he enters it agian.

Giuseppe F1
17th December 2007, 13:23

Marcus didn't drive any of the non-Ford producst so you could say the same of him. Drivers have contracts. That's all really.

Why do people have to be so cynical and negative about what is essentially a great event. Don't like it? Put your best of the 80's rallying dvd's in and watch them leave others to enjoy what is a great event :dozey:

Absolutely Here, Here!!!

I went last night with a party of 10 friends and it was truly a great experience and a wonderful family event.

We had AMAZING seats on the last corner and barring the fact that it was bloody freezing, I think the event was awesome, was good value for money considering there were 7 hours worth of entertainment and that I got to see some of the best drivers in the world, driving some of the best cars in the world, and demos from F1, DTM, LeMans, X-riders and more.

I saw highlights on Sky as soon as I got in and event the TV pictures do it NO JUSTICE from than actually being there...even the colours looked duller on the telly - theres just something about seeing shiny, polished race-cars/liveries under spotlights which is magical IMO.

The sounds, smells and live action were amazing - even when a car tapped a barrier at the other end of the stadium it sounded awesome...even when the Ford Focus WRC cars were backfiring out of the corners they sounded awesome!!

Only think that got on my nerves was the guy on the BMW stunt-bike wasnt as entertaining in my view relative to the amount of time he had out on track...

For me, highlights of the night were....:

1) The first Jenson/Schuey heat - the crowd went CRAZY!!!! and the final corner was so close it was just electric amongst the crowds on the last corner!

2) Gronholm v Vettel - a great race with great atmosphere from the crowds

3) Schuey stalling the FIAT!

4) Schuey and Heikki driving round nose to tail on the same piece of track and Heikki taking him on the main straight

5) Sebastian Vettel!

6) Bourdais being really grumpy with the interviewer after he crashed out in the buggy and the crowd booing him! :)

7) Sebastian Vettel!

8) The COLIN McRAE tribute

9) The F1/DTM/LeMans demo

10) DC stalling the F1 car.......twice!!

11) Priaulx spinning out and beaching right in front of us and being really great with the crowd as he got out of the car.

12) The sound of the Astons!

13) Spotting Anthony Hamilton at the event - hopefully heres there to suss out how things go down before allowing Lewis at the event in 2008!!!

Honestly, the live event was a true feast for any racing enthusiast - Please dont knock it until you try it! I highly recommend it and Schuey has already said he hopes he gets an invite next year!
7)

Daniel
17th December 2007, 13:24
I was sat at the final corner. :)

Brother John, Schumacher will not have been allowed to drive the Focus. As a technical adviser of Ferrari, Fiat are hardly going to want him seen by a global audience driving a Ford. So what if he drove the yellow Solution F in the final race. If the final race was in the RoC buggies Schumacher probably would of won the event as he was by far the fastest driver in them. It wasn't and he didn't win. Better luck to him next year if he enters it agian.
Cool :) I was inbetween the first corner and the start/finish line. What a great event! I could see practically the whole track the whole time :cheese:

For a "fake" event it sure was good :)

Daniel
17th December 2007, 13:34
Absolutely Here, Here!!!

I went last night with a party of 10 friends and it was truly a great experience and a wonderful family event.

We had AMAZING seats on the last corner and barring the fact that it was bloody freezing, I think the event was awesome, was good value for money considering there were 7 hours worth of entertainment and that I got to see some of the best drivers in the world, driving some of the best cars in the world, and demos from F1, DTM, LeMans, X-riders and more.

I saw highlights on Sky as soon as I got in and event the TV pictures do it NO JUSTICE from than actually being there...even the colours looked duller on the telly - theres just something about seeing shiny, polished race-cars/liveries under spotlights which is magical IMO.

The sounds, smells and live action were amazing - even when a car tapped a barrier at the other end of the stadium it sounded awesome...even when the Ford Focus WRC cars were backfiring out of the corners they sounded awesome!!

Only think that got on my nerves was the guy on the BMW stunt-bike wasnt as entertaining in my view relative to the amount of time he had out on track...

For me, highlights of the night were....:

1) The first Jenson/Schuey heat - the crowd went CRAZY!!!! and the final corner was so close it was just electric amongst the crowds on the last corner!

2) Gronholm v Vettel - a great race with great atmosphere from the crowds

3) Schuey stalling the FIAT!

4) Schuey and Heikki driving round nose to tail on the same piece of track and Heikki taking him on the main straight

5) Sebastian Vettel!

6) Bourdais being really grumpy with the interviewer after he crashed out in the buggy and the crowd booing him! :)

7) Sebastian Vettel!

8) The COLIN McRAE tribute

9) The F1/DTM/LeMans demo

10) DC stalling the F1 car.......twice!!

11) Priaulx spinning out and beaching right in front of us and being really great with the crowd as he got out of the car.

12) The sound of the Astons!

13) Spotting Anthony Hamilton at the event - hopefully heres there to suss out how things go down before allowing Lewis at the event in 2008!!!

Honestly, the live event was a true feast for any racing enthusiast - Please dont knock it until you try it! I highly recommend it and Schuey has already said he hopes he gets an invite next year!
7)
Couldn't have said it better :) I am now officially a Sebastien Vettel fan. For his age and experience level in comparison to the other drivers I felt that he displayed some pretty amazing car control. He beat Marcus in his own car.

Best Marcus quote last night. "Again another Sebastien in front of me!!!!" :rotflmao:

Personally I think anywhere that I haven't been to sucks :rolleyes:

Schuey and Heikki. That was a moment that I'll always remember :)

Sturla
17th December 2007, 13:49

Some people said that one of the focus cars didn`t have 1. gear, no way Vettel would beat Grønholm if the cars were simular. Petter also complained about the focus was missing 1. gear, but all of us know petter and his excuses :)

Karbonyl
17th December 2007, 13:54
Does anyone have the reg. numbers of Puntos used in RoC?

Wilderness
17th December 2007, 15:53
Wrong ; > We are scandinavian country. Scandinavian countries are Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark.
Thank you. ;)

janneppi
17th December 2007, 16:05
No, Finland isn't part of Scandinavia, not by language roots, and not by Scandinavian penisula either. Finland is however part of Fennoscandia.
Strickly speaking, Denmark isn't part of Scandinavia either.

ioan
17th December 2007, 17:05
No, Finland isn't part of Scandinavia, not by language roots, and not by Scandinavian penisula either. Finland is however part of Fennoscandia.
Strickly speaking, Denmark isn't part of Scandinavia either.

Here you go:

Geographically the Scandinavian Peninsula includes what is today mainland Sweden and mainland Norway.[15][16]. A small part of north-western Finland is sometimes also considered part of the peninsula.[17] In physiography, Denmark is considered part of the North European Plain, rather than the geologically cool Scandy peninsula that was mainly occupied by Norway and Sweden.[18] However, Denmark has historically included the region of Scania on the Scandinavian Peninsula. For this reason, but even more for cultural and linguistic reasons, Denmark – Jutland on the Jutland peninsula of the European continent, along with Zealand and the other islands in the Danish archipelago – is considered part of the Scandinavian region also by the Scandinavians themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia

Now that this is clear, back to racing. ;)

BobbyC
17th December 2007, 18:15

Same problem would have been with Johnson too. Johnson would not be contractually allowed in the Fords, so he would have been driving the Vauxhalls (a GM driver). Recently his new NSCS teammate Dale Earnhardt Jnr had a V8 Supercar (Australia) session in a Holden, as that is a GM product.

Daniel
17th December 2007, 18:29
Romania is part of Australasia because Wikipedia says so :o )

ioan
17th December 2007, 19:07
Romania is part of Australasia because Wikipedia says so :o )

You mean Eurasia. :p :

Daniel
17th December 2007, 19:37
No. Australasia as in where Australia is.

Wilderness
17th December 2007, 21:37
http://www.scandinavianow.com

Giuseppe F1
17th December 2007, 21:54
Silly question now - from the inboard shots from the FIATs, it almost seemed like there were 'two' sequential gear-levers.....

....can anyone please explain how this set-up works for a rally ignoramous like me! Thabks :)

SubaruNorway
17th December 2007, 21:57
Silly question now - from the inboard shots from the FIATs, it almost seemed like there were 'two' sequential gear-levers.....

....can anyone please explain how this set-up works for a rally ignoramous like me! Thabks :)

Gearshift and handbrake probably

ioan
17th December 2007, 22:39
No. Australasia as in where Australia is.

Searched Australasia on wikipedia and here's the map:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/LocationAustralasia.png/800px-LocationAustralasia.png

Can't see Romania anywhere in Australasia. I also did a search about "Romania"on the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australasia page, with no success!

So where did you find that :?:

Daniel
17th December 2007, 22:50
Because I said so. I'm not from Romania (just like you're not from Finland) but I sure know more about your home country than you do by your logic :)

ioan
17th December 2007, 23:09
Because I said so. I'm not from Romania (just like you're not from Finland) but I sure know more about your home country than you do by your logic :)

You lost me there with your logics! However I know one more thing about you now: your geography knowledge $ucks big time! :p :

Daniel
17th December 2007, 23:10
I come from Australia. I know it's nowhere near Romania. Perhaps that sheds some light on my intentional lack of logic :)

ioan
17th December 2007, 23:15
I come from Australia. I know it's nowhere near Romania. Perhaps that sheds some light on my intentional lack of logic :)

Well, I come from Europe and know exactly where each European country is! BTW I also know where Australia and Australasia is!

It might be because it's late but I can't get a clear grasp of your logics or intentional lack of it! I hope you'll tell us what it's all about, it sounds more exciting than the RoC event! :p : ;)

Giuseppe F1
17th December 2007, 23:23
Well, I come from Europe and know exactly where each European country is! BTW I also know where Australia and Australasia is!

It might be because it's late but I can't get a clear grasp of your logics or intentional lack of it! I hope you'll tell us what it's all about, it sounds more exciting than the RoC event! :p : ;)

:) :) :)

pino
18th December 2007, 07:07
Guys have you noticed that there's a great Geography thread in Chit-Chat ? ;)

ioan
18th December 2007, 09:36
Guys have you noticed that there's a great Geography thread in Chit-Chat ? ;)

Yep, but this one is about different geography (at least from what I can tell :p :) !

grumpyduck
18th December 2007, 16:16
It was a thoroughly enjoyable day out and I wish I had gone to France last year now too.

It was possibly the best use of a football stadium i ever saw... :D

Check out my video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdjfkfo66uY)

:D

SteveA
18th December 2007, 17:15
Nice video, grumpyduck!

Magnus
18th December 2007, 18:21
Terrible music on that...
Wonder what pastrana thought of the backflips...

grumpyduck
18th December 2007, 19:11
Terrible music on that...

Its the ROC music for the event... better than thrash metal I thought... :D

What would you have liked?

janneppi
18th December 2007, 19:30
http://www.scandinavianow.com
I'm sure you read the editorial of that site before linking it. ;)

"Scandinavia Now is the only English language, web published magazine covering the broad aspects of Nordic Business, Industry and Trade, that has successfully managed to reach and retain an international readership."
English speaking world, especially US doesn't diffrentiate between Scandinavia and Nordic countries, however that doesn't make them the same. :p :

Sorry pino. :p :

GridGirl
19th December 2007, 16:55
Does anyone have the reg. numbers of Puntos used in RoC?

Finally got round to looking at our pictures. One of the Fiats was DF909XT.

Wilderness
19th December 2007, 17:41
I'm sure you read the editorial of that site before linking it. ;)

English speaking world, especially US doesn't diffrentiate between Scandinavia and Nordic countries, however that doesn't make them the same. :p :

Sorry pino. :p :
Where's Tom Kristensen from? ;)