PDA

View Full Version : O/T anyone going to watch nascar in 2008

jeffmr2
13th December 2007, 18:47
Just out of curiosity i was wondering if anyone else here is going to the usa to watch nascar events in 2008.Its just something that popped into my head whilst browsing on here on this cold dark wet miserable night in wales.I'm going to fontana and then onto vegas end of feb/begining of march,its all booked up i cant wait!!

Hopefully there will be some V8 oval racing over here this year to watch in the summer as well,much to my shame i didnt make it to rockingham this year.

earnhardt8
13th December 2007, 22:50
Yes we're off to Daytona , got tickets to the Shootout, 125 qualifing races , Busch and Cup race's.

Roll on Feb!!!

Would like to go back to Vegas am hoping they get a 2nd race date in the chase ,but i think Charlotte's next on the list after Daytona.

Gasman
15th December 2007, 10:30
Me too! Off to Daytona in February for the 125s, Trucks, Nationwide (aka Busch) and the 500. I hope that its warmer than this year though...

I also hope to take in the Nationwide race at Bristol in August but unfortunately my schedule won't allow me to see the Sharpie 500 Sprint Cup Race on the next night. Ah well, "into every life a little rain must fall".

Soon be February, GENTLEMEN START YOUR ENGINES!

Merry Christmas a Very Happy New Year everyone!

jeffmr2
16th December 2007, 16:26
Nice one Jackie,i remember you saying you hoped to go there. It should be totally amazing.
I'd love to go to Bristol but its so expensive.

racing59
16th December 2007, 18:31
The good lady Shuz7 and myself are planning to make a state visit to the colonies next year.

We're looking at taking in one or two races either Busch, err I mean Nationwide, Sprint, or Craftsman.

May go for Martinsville, then we can tie that up with a possible visit to see my "very distant cousin" and former purveyor of the #59 before that antipodean stole it from under him.

Rob.

earnhardt8
17th December 2007, 22:04
Nice one Jackie,i remember you saying you hoped to go there. It should be totally amazing.
I'd love to go to Bristol but its so expensive.

Yes we are really looking forward to it, with a bit of luck Jeff Gordon will win the 500!!

We'd like to go to Bristol too but will have to wait until the kids are a bit older as i dont think there is too much in the way of family attractions in the Bristol area, at least in Daytona we can take them down to Disney world etc..

Abo
17th December 2007, 22:07
I'd love to get back out to the States and catch the Nextel Cup again but unfortunately my schedule won't allow it at the moment. I can't even make all the Pickup dates this year :(

I work for an American company though, maybe I can persuade them that I need to go work in Concorde for a couple of months ;)

darknessrock
17th December 2007, 22:29
I may try MIS again next year, but after the three days of rain this summer, probably not buy tickets until i'm out there!

racing59
17th December 2007, 23:21
That's what we're going to do. We may go and look at some good ol' fashioned clay tracks too! I have the schedule for the Southern Regional Racing Series, which are all dirt tracks, in TN and AL.

That's what we need over here too. Some clay tracks. They can run in the rain too!

darknessrock
16th February 2008, 22:46
Hi all...
Just incase you don't have sky... (or want to watch the trucks etc..) Live streams of every round can be found here...
http://z3.invisionfree.com/martinsautoracing/index.php
I know a few of you made it along at the end of last season, but it's no longer a secret so anyone is free to join in.
Happy racing
Bill

Nick Brad
17th February 2008, 18:02
Ok, I've been trying to watch this for the last 6 hrs and all I can say is TVU sucks. The longest uninterrupted feed I've had is about 15 mins and I can guarantee anyone who thinks of trying to use this method to follow the 500 will be left disappointed.
I've got better things to do with my time and I've now deleted TVU from my pc.

fastbob
17th February 2008, 18:35
Having no trouble getting coverage in Daytona.... the sun and the bars are a bit of a distraction though!!

Nick Brad
17th February 2008, 19:17
Ok, what's the deal? I couldn't find any other options and I don't have sky, so I reinstalled to find Drag racing?
What gives, I thought this link was supposed to streaming live every round?

El Sween
17th February 2008, 19:39
Off to Las Vegas for the Nationwide, Sprint and the Dirt Classic. My first NASCAR races. I can't wait.

darknessrock
17th February 2008, 19:46
Ok, what's the deal? I couldn't find any other options and I don't have sky, so I reinstalled to find Drag racing?
What gives, I thought this link was supposed to streaming live every round?
Did you join the forum nick? All the times, dates and channels are there. As they are streaming live, race doesn't start till around 8.30, so whatevers on at the time you watch will be shown. At least 5 streams listed for tonight so far, not all tvu, some sopcast and tvants too.
See you in the chatbox.

racing59
17th February 2008, 19:47
Nick - change to "The Gunn" it's foxsports coverage and better streaming than wheels/speed

Nick Brad
18th February 2008, 00:57
I got there in the end and it was a great race.

Managed to just about pick up enough from the chat that was going on to attempt to find out what the hell Sopcast was and download it, which was so stupid it took half an hr nearly to get sorted, loads of people were saying to put it in vsl or something to that effect, I couldn't be bothered and was very annoyed by that point so never found out what that was all about.
Seems that all the pre race stuff gets covered on one channel, then you have to swap for the actual race before trying to jump back for the post race stuff to the original channel. Why can't the streaming process be a simple one?
If I was going to be in every single sunday to catch the races I'd stump up the money to have sky installed, pay £20 or whatever for a load of channels I wouldn't even watch, (I'm lucky if I watch 2 hrs of TV a week, believe it or not,) just so I could pay extra on top to recieve sky sports for just the Sprint Cup. Then of course, they're not actually commited to showing every race. :mad:

Rob, I would ask what "The Gunn" is, but as you can probably tell the last thing I want is to be running around installing more potentially useless c*** on my pc just so I can maybe watch a NASCAR race.

jeffmr2
18th February 2008, 20:44
Off to Las Vegas for the Nationwide, Sprint and the Dirt Classic. My first NASCAR races. I can't wait.

I'm sure you'll have an amazing time.
I dont suppose you have any room to give 1 person a lift from the dirt classic?

ascarmarshal
19th February 2008, 18:51

I am praying for rain on 2nd March in Vegas as I fly in on that day. I booked my holiday before NASCAR announced the dates. This holiday is really about getting over Mums death but if NASCAR have a rain delay for the Cup it will really make my holiday as well as having a gunfight in the OK Corral i Tombstone

jeffmr2
19th February 2008, 19:41
As long as the race went ahead on the 3rd i wouldnt mind as i come home on the 4th !!!Looking at the weather forecast there could be rain over California race weekend tho.

71minus2
19th February 2008, 21:41
Yes we are really looking forward to it, with a bit of luck Jeff Gordon will win the 500!!

We'd like to go to Bristol too but will have to wait until the kids are a bit older as i dont think there is too much in the way of family attractions in the Bristol area, at least in Daytona we can take them down to Disney world etc..

If you stay in Knoxville there is Dollywood nearby. Alternatively drive to Memphis its not too far and cars are cheap to hire.

Knoxville itself is dull although the Tennessee is beautiful.

Premier Sports Travel (http://www.sportstravel.com/) are the people to use as well. I used them for last years trip in March to Bristol.

Richard.

El Sween
24th February 2008, 19:43
I'm sure you'll have an amazing time.
I dont suppose you have any room to give 1 person a lift from the dirt classic?

To be honest bud I have not figured out how I am getting back yet??? LOL