PDA

View Full Version : Luca Filippi to join Super Aguri for 2008?

FIA
13th December 2007, 18:38
As you may know Super Aguri haven't announced there driver line-up yet. It was first thought that they will keep Takuma Sato and Anthony Davidson for 2008, but money issues has hit Super Aguri and it now seems that Luca Filippi will replace one of the two, probaly Anthony (as Takuma had a stunning season and still has potental). Luca will bring excitement for the team and has been testing for Honda, he could become a point scorer if he was to join Super Aguri. There is also a slight chance that Sakon Yamamoto will re-join the team as he has a lot of money behind him aswell.

So what do you think about this situation?

Valve Bounce
13th December 2007, 22:56
As you may know Super Aguri haven't announced there driver line-up yet. It was first thought that they will keep Takuma Sato and Anthony Davidson for 2008, but money issues has hit Super Aguri and it now seems that Luca Filippi will replace one of the two, probaly Anthony (as Takuma had a stunning season and still has potental). Luca will bring excitement for the team and has been testing for Honda, he could become a point scorer if he was to join Super Aguri. There is also a slight chance that Sakon Yamamoto will re-join the team as he has a lot of money behind him aswell.

So what do you think about this situation?

If Luca Filippi can score any points in the Super Aguri without at least half the field (leading cars) being decimated, I will jump head first into Albert Park Lake.

Hawkmoon
14th December 2007, 00:53
If I'm Honda I'd be doing exactly that. Putting a young guy in the Super Aguri and letting him learn whilst being evaluated for a factory drive.

It's not good news for Davidson as Sato is unlikely to get the boot and I think Honda would have given Davidson a factory seat by now if they ever really intended to.

If I was Ross Brawn I would ask Rubens to either move to a testing role or retire and do everything to put Kovalainen in the car. If I couldn't get the Finn I would move Sato into the factory team alongside Button with Davidson and somebody like Filippi in the Super Aguris.

Valve Bounce
14th December 2007, 03:49
If I'm Honda I'd be doing exactly that. Putting a young guy in the Super Aguri and letting him learn whilst being evaluated for a factory drive.

It's not good news for Davidson as Sato is unlikely to get the boot and I think Honda would have given Davidson a factory seat by now if they ever really intended to.

If I was Ross Brawn I would ask Rubens to either move to a testing role or retire and do everything to put Kovalainen in the car. If I couldn't get the Finn I would move Sato into the factory team alongside Button with Davidson and somebody like Filippi in the Super Aguris.

I don't think they can get rid of Rubens. :(

Hawkmoon
14th December 2007, 04:19
I don't think they can get rid of Rubens. :(

Pay him out his final year and wave goodbye.

I've got nothing against Barrichello it's just that he's not Honda's future. Kovalainen might very well be a driver they can build around for many years to come and he won't be free agent for long.

Valve Bounce
14th December 2007, 05:14
Pay him out his final year and wave goodbye.

I've got nothing against Barrichello it's just that he's not Honda's future. Kovalainen might very well be a driver they can build around for many years to come and he won't be free agent for long.

Good point. Of course, we are assuming that Honda will be more or less competitive next year - more or less better than this year. Otherwise, Heiki may as well join Toyota who will probably pay him more.

ioan
14th December 2007, 12:05
Good point. Of course, we are assuming that Honda will be more or less competitive next year - more or less better than this year.

It's difficult to even think that they could do worse than they did in 2007. But who knows?!

Valve Bounce
14th December 2007, 12:49
Of course, if this is true that Filippi replaces ant, then ant might get the task of Honda test driver again, and help improve their car. I don't feel so good :(

truefan72
14th December 2007, 23:27
I have seaky suspicion that Barrichello is gone.

next to RS, and Albers last year, he was least deserving of an F1 seat.
He basically got it of the strentgh of his personal relationship with the former Honda Head.
I would say that given a choice between Davidson and Rubens, Brawn would be wise to buy out Rubens andplace either Sato or Davidson ni that seat.

Has trulli been confirmed for Toyota?

Valve Bounce
15th December 2007, 00:17
This is interesting: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64381

pino
15th December 2007, 08:24

Has trulli been confirmed for Toyota?

2 days ago (before McLaren announced Heikki) Jarno told Ital TV his seat at Toyota is safe ;)

cy bais
19th December 2007, 03:24
Rubens need to give it up. It's unlikely that Honda's 2008 car will win races (i'd love to be proven wrong) and he's not getting younger. In my little ideal world for 2008 (Honda wise), Rubens becomes a test driver, Taku or Ant moves up to Honda and SA Honda is used as a training squad for new Honda drivers like Filipi.

:)

Valve Bounce
19th December 2007, 04:21
Rubens need to give it up. It's unlikely that Honda's 2008 car will win races (i'd love to be proven wrong) and he's not getting younger. In my little ideal world for 2008 (Honda wise), Rubens becomes a test driver, Taku or Ant moves up to Honda and SA Honda is used as a training squad for new Honda drivers like Filipi.

:)

Welcome to the Super Aguri Fan Club.
:up:

pino
19th December 2007, 08:03
No Super Aguri for Filippi, he's signed for Nicolas Todt Team Art and will compete in GP2 Series :

http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=17498&cat=4

Valve Bounce
19th December 2007, 09:05
No Super Aguri for Filippi, he's signed for Nicolas Todt Team Art and will compete in GP2 Series :

http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=17498&cat=4

Not surprising since he was only being trialed for a position as test driver at Honda. I think the lead post of this thread is coming in from left field somewhere and was lost on the way to the home plate.