PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Long joins Penske!

RyanBriscoe#6
13th December 2007, 00:24
Great job for Patrick. Replacing Ryan Briscoe, in the DHL Penske P2 Porsche with Romain Dumas, and Timo Bernhard.

http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=3855

ZzZzZz
15th December 2007, 01:10
Definitely one of the best American drivers of the moment. A lot of people will be shocked if Penske enters him at Indy.

Hotlavaaaa
15th December 2007, 01:36
Definitely one of the best American drivers of the moment. A lot of people will be shocked if Penske enters him at Indy.

There is zero chance that he will drive in any IndyCar race. The first problem is that he has no experience in an IndyCar and secondly he answers to Porsche, not Penske, and I doubt they would want him risking his life for something they get nothing out of.

harvick#1
15th December 2007, 06:16
another thing I read was that the Euro teams are gonna do a 24 hour test before lemans, Maybe, just Maybe Penske will take their 2 automatic entries and enter Lemans :D

CCFanatic
15th December 2007, 16:57
There is zero chance that he will drive in any IndyCar race. The first problem is that he has no experience in an IndyCar and secondly he answers to Porsche, not Penske, and I doubt they would want him risking his life for something they get nothing out of.

Yep, last OW experience came in Formula Renault, which would mean it would be like jumping from racing street stocks at the local bull ring to Nascar.

He is a Porsche driver. Just like the rest of Penske's driver lineup for the season, he is just there because Penske is the top Porsche team in the series, and Long is one of the top drivers in the series.

I hope I do not jinx him, but I see a P2 championship in 2008.

ZzZzZz
17th December 2007, 12:17

Not saying it's likely (but definitely not zero). Just that he would do very well.

Hotlavaaaa
18th December 2007, 02:02
Not saying it's likely (but definitely not zero). Just that he would do very well.

It's deifinitely zero. Patrick Long is a Porsche factory driver contracted to drive Porsche sports cars, not risk his life doing one-offs in a series that Porsche has nothing to do with.