PDA

View Full Version : When do you break up for Christmas?

GridGirl
12th December 2007, 21:53
I don't officially finish work till next Wednesday when I go down to London to watch Darts and then head off on holiday, but as of 12.00pm today I officially gave up.

I completed everything I have to do this year earlier on today and don't plan on doing anything for the rest of this week. I have three stocktakes to do next week. One is counting Porche's another counting BMW's and I really can't be bothered to stand outside in the cold checking VRN's. I've another counting tiles which also doesn't appeal to me so I think I will try and pass them all off to some unsuspecting office junior.

Roll on Christmas. :D

Drew
12th December 2007, 21:59
I have my last exam tomorrow (thank christ for that) and then I'm missing my class on Friday and going properly home Saturday, can't wait!

Mp3 Astra
12th December 2007, 22:10
I'm all done with school next Friday lunchtime, but I have my job on the 22nd and 23rd, dealing with the Saturday and Sunday before Christmas rush. It's going to be insane! Luckily I haven't even had to step out to do my shopping; I got it all off Amazon :D

Rollo
12th December 2007, 22:40
I have an auditor's meeting on behalf of a client of ours with the Australian Tax Office starting at 1730p on 24th December. :( The Tax Office are heartless creatures, living behind walls of red tape and paperwork and they all have big, sharp, pointy teeth - eh eh eh

jso1985
12th December 2007, 22:51
The good thing about having Christmas on summer...

I'm already doing nothing waiting for Christmas

millencolin
13th December 2007, 01:24
well i finished uni a month ago, but cause i work in retail, Christmas is extremely busy... i dont get a break

F1nostalgic
13th December 2007, 01:43
I finish work on the 21st. :)

Camelopard
13th December 2007, 03:01
I work at a 24/7 site and I'm rostered on to work dayshift on the 25th and 26th. No real problem as it will be a couple of very quiet days (hopefully!).
The good thing is that I'm rostered off on the 31st and 1st.
My wife is a nurse and she will be working Christmas day as well.

gadjo_dilo
13th December 2007, 07:31
The Tax Office are heartless creatures, living behind walls of red tape and paperwork and they all have big, sharp, pointy teeth - eh eh eh

Great description. I work for the ministery of finance and I recognized myself in this portrait. :laugh:

We were just anounced that 24 Dec will be an extra day off but we'll have to work for it on one of January's Saturdays. But we'll work on 27, 28 and 31 Dec.

GridGirl
13th December 2007, 08:53
Rollo that's really no good at all. I'm an audit manager and I've still given up but then again people who work in tax and pensions are special types of freaks. It's only to be expected that they'd want to work on Christmas Eve.

306 Cosworth
13th December 2007, 09:57
I break up next Tuesday from College :D Only 3 days of college left really, Today, Friday and Tuesday :D

Garry Walker
13th December 2007, 11:45
I hope to get my projects ready by the 21st, till then its busy busy busy with 4-5 hour nights, but that is the cost of running your own business

Brown, Jon Brow
13th December 2007, 13:52
I've finished University today but I don't finish work until 5pm on Christmas Eve. I'm working 36 hours in the 4 days before Christmas :bigcry:

Donney
13th December 2007, 14:43
I finish the 21st and won't go back till the 8th of January. :D

SEATFreak
13th December 2007, 15:02
I finish work on the 21st. :)

I finish the 21st and won't go back till the 8th of January. :D

Ditto.

I am on one a LearnDirect course for the OCR Adult Litteracy and Numeracy certficate and the centre I go to is a drop-in type course so I can finish when I decide my last day before Christmas will be but the date the course room closes will be the 21st.

And I am sure the return date is the 8th too.

schmenke
13th December 2007, 16:49
I have regularily scheduled weekly meetings up until Thusday the 20th. The puspose of these meetings is to review the status of construction work packages due the following week. People don't seem to understand that our construction site is shut down for the holidays that week :rolleyes: :s

So... I'm off as of Thursday afternoon, not back at work until Jan. 3d.

pino
13th December 2007, 22:01
21st is my last working day, the next day I will be on my way to Sanremo :D

KILOHMUNNS
14th December 2007, 20:45
This years is a bit funny with time off. I don't break up until Christmas Eve (I work in Banking so probably late because of the credit crunch!) the off for Christmas day and Boxing Day. In on 27th & 28th, then the weekend back in on the New Years Eve (vey busy day this year) off for New Years Day then back to nomal 2nd Jan. Won't know whether I'm coming or going!

nicemms
14th December 2007, 21:10
Friday!

Finish school then and since I work there, work as well because its not open again till after new year.

DonnieDarco
14th December 2007, 23:21
I finish at 2pm on Saturday the 22nd..........not that I'm counting the minutes or anything :erm:

NoahsGirl
15th December 2007, 18:09
I broke up for Xmas yesterday (Friday 14 December 2007) and don't go back until 7 January 2007

Magnus
15th December 2007, 19:48
I do not break up for x-mas. Even if I sometimes think it can be quite tough having a reaktionship, especially when buying the gifts, I think it is easier in the long run to stay together over x-mas also. usually when I break up i do it in summer.
:s

slinkster
16th December 2007, 20:58
I get a whopping TWO days holiday at christmas (christmas day and boxing day).... but fortunately this year I get christmas eve off too.

stevie_gerrard
17th December 2007, 01:23
i finish at 1030am on the 21st which is good cause im fed up of uni now :p : Bring on drinking silly! :p :

19th December 2007, 04:55
so FREAK when will you****k to pics of fatchicks with boots covered with mangoo? you sick puppy

19th December 2007, 04:58
SFREAK spank monkey ......... lope mule ............ choke chicken ...... if he see pics of man jack off on uglyfatgirl boots but hope mummy not catch him so hecan lick boots