PDA

View Full Version : SCSA update #2

Duane
7th January 2007, 23:22
Just a quick update for the new year

The race dates on www.scsaracing.com (http://www.scsaracing.com) are set with an outside chance of another date but the Ovalfest will be our season finale.

Two airshows are to be announced and we have been asked to go and play on the runway's and put on a show in front of some 80,000 people per day over two bank holiday weekends.

The # 99 fire service car will be on the BRSCC stand at the Autosport show, as of today it is to be the only SCSA car at the show.

Lastly, the question was asked about the name of our series on this forum, all replies were taken into account.
we have decided on a suttle change of "THE SCSA V8 TROPHY" with a sponsor name to be placed one side of the V8, so thank you for your replies.
also the slogan "SCSA, KEEPING IT REAL, KEEPING IT OVAL" will run as part of our promotions.

Regards :cool:

JDPower
8th January 2007, 04:47
Two airshows are to be announced and we have been asked to go and play on the runway's and put on a show in front of some 80,000 people per day over two bank holiday weekends.
Intriguing, if the air show can't come to the Rock, take the Rock to the air show :cheese: . Nice to see some new ideas coming through.

We have decided on a suttle change of "THE SCSA V8 TROPHY" with a sponsor name to be placed one side of the V8, so thank you for your replies.
also the slogan "SCSA, KEEPING IT REAL, KEEPING IT OVAL" will run as part of our promotions.
The slight series name change is spot on and I really like the 'keeping it oval' part of the slogan - affirms the series commitment to staying oval.

Really starting to look forward to this season. Its beginning to feel like a complete relaunch of the series, and a relaunch which appears to be in safe hands :up:

LessThanSte
8th January 2007, 14:02
Agreed Jon, cant wait!

Heres an idea. Following the insane jet car demo a couple of years back, why not send a couple of the SCSA cars along to Santa Pod for a drag race. They are surprisingly quick in a straight line, and might get some extra publicity.

Shouldnt think Santa Pod would mind, after we let them do the jet car thing!

timtime
8th January 2007, 14:58
Compared to most of the cars on the strip though they would not be that spectacular. I'm not saying its a bad idea but whereas the jet car is spectacular in a different environment the impact of two SCSA cars would not be so high.

It would be great to see Martin back at Rockingham though....

Tim

LessThanSte
8th January 2007, 15:16
Maybe it could be pitted against some of the slower drag cars, im thinking the lower classes that do a 1/4 mile in around 10 seconds?

SteveA
8th January 2007, 16:02
The problem is they would be embarrassed by 50's Ford Anglias and souped up VW Beetles! Also they have manual gearboxes, so a lot of time would be lost during shifting.

I did actually make this suggestion myself a couple of years ago and Jeff shot it down in flames. Now that I think about it, I can see that he was right.

Lauren-69xx
8th January 2007, 18:31
Hey its good to see that they are going to the airshows. 80,000 people wow! and i also think its better to go to those kind of things as these people are the die hard fans that purposely make the effort to go to events, rather wasting your time in a shopping centre handing out leaflets to mums and three year olds that probally chuck your flyer straight in the bin! Is Shane Lynch gonna be at the show??? hes lovely! x

darknessrock
8th January 2007, 21:30
Anyone know why SCSA/Thunder Sundays don't get a mention at all on the Rockingham website, The only meetings listed on the "What's on" are the BTCC and Ovalfest.... It's the first place a lot of people look to get the timetable, but there's not even a link to the Thunder Sunday site any more..... Not Good :(

Chigley
8th January 2007, 21:47
Anyone know why SCSA/Thunder Sundays don't get a mention at all on the Rockingham website, The only meetings listed on the "What's on" are the BTCC and Ovalfest.... It's the first place a lot of people look to get the timetable, but there's not even a link to the Thunder Sunday site any more..... Not Good :(

Because Rockingham will probably be the promoter for these two events, whereas Waltham Services are the promoters for the Thunder Sunday events. It's up to the promoter to "promote" the show, not the circuit.

:)

Cradge Bank
8th January 2007, 21:57
Because Rockingham will probably be the promoter for these two events, whereas Waltham Services are the promoters for the Thunder Sunday events.

Thanks be to God that you are wrong and they have eff all to do with it this year.

darknessrock
8th January 2007, 23:47
Thanks Ian, But surely a mention or a link to the thunder sunday site would be beneficial to Rockingham?? Even if they aren't the promoters, they must benefit from more awareness?

F150pickup
9th January 2007, 10:27
Waltham Services are not promoting Thunder Sunday this year

Nick Brad
9th January 2007, 11:04
I'd much rather see someone else promoting the series.
Waltham can barely take care of the tyres department and we lost a team member last year to their ignorance/arrogance.

Chigley
9th January 2007, 11:27
Waltham Services are not promoting Thunder Sunday this year

Interesting! can you expand on that yet?

Cheers
Ian

Tser
9th January 2007, 11:33
Interesting! can you expand on that yet?

Cheers
Ian

Err, they have nothing to do with Thunder Sundays anymore.

Like was posted I recall in Nov/Dec...

JovialJooles
9th January 2007, 13:04
Err, they have nothing to do with Thunder Sundays anymore.

Like was posted I recall in Nov/Dec...

Gosh. that's a really helpful post Tser!

Does anyone have any idea who is doing the promotion?

Bests

Julian

pickup
9th January 2007, 13:22
Waded through google search and actually found a link to the Thunder Sunday site and it says the BRSCC are organising the Thunder Sunday meetings for 2007 but no mention of promoters. Would they promote it themselves or just organise the racing?
Do the BRSCC actually use promoters when they run circuit events or sort it all out themselves?

acorn
9th January 2007, 13:35
speculate and criticise all you like.

i'm pretty sure that those who need to know already do and that when all parties agree that it is time to officially release that information to a wider audience then it will be.

Can someone please give a non ambiguous definition of promoter and what they actually do. do they just put up money for the show to go on with an eye on making a profit or are they hired to ensure that as wider possible audience know that the show is on or is it something else?

Cradge Bank
9th January 2007, 13:36
Waded through google search and actually found a link to the Thunder Sunday site and it says the BRSCC are organising the Thunder Sunday meetings for 2007 but no mention of promoters. Would they promote it themselves or just organise the racing?
Do the BRSCC actually use promoters when they run circuit events or sort it all out themselves?

I think, after last year, maybe they've realised there was no need to pay through the nose for nothing, as there was no promotion.

They could hardly do a worse job themselves, for no cost.

Cradge Bank
9th January 2007, 13:38
do they just put up money

Wrong direction for the flow of the money!

F150pickup
9th January 2007, 15:25
Pickup is right BRSCC are taking it on no promoters

F150pickup
9th January 2007, 15:31
A promoter takes the risk and at the end of the day hopes to make money by ticket sales sponsership etc. ie BTCC Alan Gow or MCRCB British Super bikes

timtime
9th January 2007, 20:18
Agreed Jon, cant wait!

Heres an idea. Following the insane jet car demo a couple of years back, why not send a couple of the SCSA cars along to Santa Pod for a drag race. They are surprisingly quick in a straight line, and might get some extra publicity.

Shouldnt think Santa Pod would mind, after we let them do the jet car thing!

Perhaps an event to consider trying to get involved in at Santa Pod would be Fastfest on July 1st, where they will be running all sorts of unusual race cars (well for Santa Pod anyway). The promo whilst still in its early stages includes special demonstration runs by F1 cars, BTCC touring cars, racing trucks, rally cars, drag cars and feature races. If its anything like the crowd the Fast Show had last year it will be a good one with as much going on off the strip as there is on it.

http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_fastfest.php

Tim

LessThanSte
9th January 2007, 21:44
There you go then, something to organise :)

timtime
10th January 2007, 10:55
I'm just a humble fan and had not come across the Fastfest until yesterday. I'm in the process of putting a plan for the year together and its looking costly already. Some bad clashes this year particularly the opening round for me but thats life unfortunately.

If you've never been to Santa Pod its well worth the trip especially something like the Easter Thunderball, Main Event or European Finals. Events such as the Fastfest are more about the modiifed car culture than racing. Its new this year but what it replaced last year had more going on off the track than on it, and if you've ever seen the magazine then you wont be as surprised as I was. I must lead a sheltered life :-)

Tim

LessThanSte
10th January 2007, 11:25
I agree, having seen the jet car at the rock i just HAD to get along to the european finals the following week. Awesome didnt describe it, the sound was immense and it was a thoroughly enjoyable day :)

Al_Green
10th January 2007, 18:06
SCSA update in MN today - possible non-championship events at Abingdon airfield (Oxfordshire) in May (May 6th according to http://www.airshows.org.uk/2007/airshows/abingdon/pr1.html) and/or Kinloss (Scotland) in August (no event links found while googling), as well as another demo event at another airshow. Good reaction from the teams, especially as there are Army, Navy & Air Force supported teams in this years Trophy according to CW. CW also advises that a TV deal hoped to be announced soon, and "it looks like we might be able to attract as many as 18 cars this season"

Another line from CW I'm not sure about: "There is a lot of interest around the series at the moment. We have six meetings at Rockingham plus these one-offs [airshows]" - I thought we'd agreed it was five meetings at Rockingham (April, June, July, Aug & Ovalfest)?

Later in MN, a large piece on Ovalfest including a major overhaul of the event from last year, including title change to Motorfest to cover the change to a multi-discipline event. The event will be over 4 circuits - long & short oval, national infield and grasstrack. The cars used in the final will be different to those used last year which "went horribly wrong". Opening the event up to other oval & racing categories means that the organisers are talking of 300+ competitors.

All good stuff really, heres hoping for more news filtering out over the Autosport show weekend...

Al.

timtime
10th January 2007, 19:05
I've not heard of an airshow at RAF Kinloss. The big Scottish show is normally at RAF Leuchars in early September although the runway is being resurfaced this year (att 45k). Abingdon is one of the more low key events although it often gets good reviews and is a short flying display combined with a country fayre. Waddington and Fairford are the big events that normally have a static car show, and in the build up to Fairford last year an attempt was made on the UK land speed record by the Primetime jet dragsters. Colin Fallows failed to improve on his record in the Vampire dragster (the one that became famous) and Mark Newby failed to back up a 339mph pass due to a tyre problem from memory.

The other big Bank Holiday airshow is at Dunsfold (think Top Gear track) which is a Wings and Wheels event. Most of the other big airshows are coastal events.

Tim

JDPower
10th January 2007, 19:13
Later in MN, a large piece on Ovalfest including a major overhaul of the event from last year, including title change to Motorfest to cover the change to a multi-discipline event. The event will be over 4 circuits - long & short oval, national infield and grasstrack. The cars used in the final will be different to those used last year which "went horribly wrong". Opening the event up to other oval & racing categories means that the organisers are talking of 300+ competitors.
Not sure about that, sounds like they're watering down the concept. Ovalfest was original. Adding infield racing (and grass track?!?!) just seems superfluous to me. And the name just sounds like any other motoring event, hardly gonna have people saying 'Ooh, Motorfest, that sounds different/exciting/original'

Nick Brad
11th January 2007, 11:19
I was hoping that Ovalfest would expand on their coverage of oval racing, not move the action away and dilute the event.
There's a massive area that used to hold the concert area that was paved over to hold outdoor exibitions, why not use it by filling it with oval race cars and stands from the various promotors. Silverstone used to hold an event like that, (not sure if they still do,) and it was quite popular. As for the final race, slap everyone in a 1400cc rookie rod or something similar and let them battle it out. The car would still be different to what all the finalists are used to, yet robust enough to not fall apart during the race.

Only two things will make my attendance certain to an allcomers event like Motorfest
a) I'm involved with a team
b) the tickets are cheap and I've nothing better to do that weekend.

Had it been an expanded ovalfest then my attendance would be guaranteed even if the tickets were up to £30 or more.

racing59
11th January 2007, 22:29
Because Rockingham will probably be the promoter for these two events, whereas Waltham Services are the promoters for the Thunder Sunday events. It's up to the promoter to "promote" the show, not the circuit.

:)

Well I wonder who "won't" be promoting the Thunder Sunday events this year.

This is one subject that get's me a pile of soap boxes, let alone one.

The circuit is hired by the BRSCC.
The BRSCC promote the meeting (yeah right), and droves of people come through the gate.
The BRSCC get zero% of the gate takings.

So why promote it?

Or....

The circuit is hired by the BRSCC,
The circuit decides to promote the meeting, which will cost (a lot - if you use the mass media like TV, or national newspapers) money to do, and holds no certainty that the promotion will yield any profit, and may in turn yield a loss.

Both are no brainers.

So. Nobody promotes the meeting. The spectators go along because they are genuine fans, and line the pockets of the circuit who have decided to do nothing, and run a skeleton crew.

The Ovalfest meeting, on the other hand, is promoted by the circuit, among others, therefore they benefit greatly (they hope).

The BTCC is promoted by TOCA, who take a chunk of the gate, the circuit get a bit, which hopefully covers their expense in paying TOCA to come along and dirty their facilities.

In the old days, the circuit was the series was the circuit. Therefore it was in it's own interest to promote the series, and ensure that the series entertained the paying public.

And that's how ALL motor racing should be in this country.

Otherwise it will fail, unless you can find a major benefactor to bankroll the whole lot and keep everyone happy.

Look - over there - a 25Tonne flying polka-dot pig.

Rob.

LessThanSte
12th January 2007, 14:15
Oh btw, is there no way that the trucks could get along to the BTCC event. Maybe even as an exhibition race. There is no way that you can not be entertained by the trucks on the rockingham oval and may really help to get a few people involved!

Obviously, i dont know the in's and out's of the BTCC deal and how much it would cost the series as a whole to get a race during the day, but the exposure it would generate would be fantastic, surely?

pickup
12th January 2007, 17:01
Oh btw, is there no way that the trucks could get along to the BTCC event. Maybe even as an exhibition race. There is no way that you can not be entertained by the trucks on the rockingham oval and may really help to get a few people involved!

Obviously, i dont know the in's and out's of the BTCC deal and how much it would cost the series as a whole to get a race during the day, but the exposure it would generate would be fantastic, surely?

Apart from the cost implications i think you'll find that there just wouldn't be any time left on their schedule to fit in any more racing. With the amount of support races that they have on a BTCC programme they will struggle to squeeze it all in the allotted times.
Anyway would they really want any oval racing on? personally i don't think so.
Might be worth enquiring about static displays for the SCSA/Pickups but again i don't think this would be cheap either but it would be a shame to waste the oportunity to promote the series to what will probably be a huge crowd maybe someone will come up with a workable idea.

espionage
14th January 2007, 09:50
Mr 59.

Expect the pigs to be airborne, as the new head of the brscc is turning things around.

pm on it's way to you.

what is needed is for the series to do what it's good at - entertain with those awesome v8's.

the crowds will come. hang in there.

well done to dek, colin white and all of the others that have stuck at it.
and special well done to the new boys.

Dave17
14th January 2007, 10:50
Expect the pigs to be airborne, as the new head of the brscc is turning things around.

As far as I'm aware, Bernard Cottrell is still "head" of the BRSCC and yes, as he said at the presentation evening he is expecting big things at the Rock this year.

Are you someone "in the Know" or just another one of those dreamers?

Tser
14th January 2007, 12:41
As far as I'm aware, Bernard Cottrell is still "head" of the BRSCC

Iain Brown is the Chief Exec of the BRSCC, who naturally is responsible to the board as a whole.

racing59
14th January 2007, 16:23
That's what I've been told.

Ian Brown has been brought in to sort things out, and I'm told that's what he's doing, so 'espionage' (does that mean he's a spy?) is on the money.

My opinion of the BRSCC is changing by the hour, after feeling really down with them over the past two-three years, I'm feeling quite positive, so I'll shut up and let Mr Brown work his organisational magic.

Motorsport needs a new way. He may be the first man to do it since John Webb.

Rob.

Dave17
15th January 2007, 19:46
The said Mr Brown addressed the Orange brigade at the FFord festival. Talked a lot like a politician and promised the calendar of BRSCC meetings would be announced at the end of November........they have just been posted!

Al_Green
15th January 2007, 21:42
Dave, the Midland region and Rockingham dates & forms were out well before Christmas, in fact theirs were the first set of '07 dates I had posted to me (a day before 750mc's). The full UK season dates list was also doing the rounds on another popular forum at about the same time.

Al.

Dave17
16th January 2007, 17:55
Dave, the Midland region and Rockingham dates & forms were out well before Christmas, in fact theirs were the first set of '07 dates I had posted to me (a day before 750mc's). The full UK season dates list was also doing the rounds on another popular forum at about the same time.

Al.

Agreed Al, but don't forget, he was talking to BRSCC SE marshalls....(and theres are still not on Julian's website!)

Dave17
17th January 2007, 18:13
Guess what arrived in the post today?

Yep, the fixtures and availability forms from BRSCC SE. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/surprised/faint.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)

OAGEY
14th February 2007, 08:07
I've not heard of an airshow at RAF Kinloss. The big Scottish show is normally at RAF Leuchars in early September although the runway is being resurfaced this year (att 45k). Abingdon is one of the more low key events although it often gets good reviews and is a short flying display combined with a country fayre. Waddington and Fairford are the big events that normally have a static car show, and in the build up to Fairford last year an attempt was made on the UK land speed record by the Primetime jet dragsters. Colin Fallows failed to improve on his record in the Vampire dragster (the one that became famous) and Mark Newby failed to back up a 339mph pass due to a tyre problem from memory.

The other big Bank Holiday airshow is at Dunsfold (think Top Gear track) which is a Wings and Wheels event. Most of the other big airshows are coastal events.

Tim

Hi guys
saw the mention of the Abingdon Air & Country Show while Googling around,and just wondered if the following might be of interest;-

The eighth annual Abingdon Air & Country Show takes place on Sunday 6th May, at Abingdon Airfield / Dalton Barracks, Oxfordshire.

Attractions include a Three hour afternoon Flying Display & Static Aircraft,
both of which contain Military & Civilian aircraft such as RAF Hawk,RAF
Tucano to WW2 Spitfire, Me108 and Hawker Hunter with hopeful International support, Arena Displays, Crafts & Trade Stalls, 25th Anniversary MG Car Works Rally, Tank Rides, Amusements and much more for all the family to enjoy.

Public entry is permitted from 10am, with gates closing around 5pm.

Proceeds are going to the Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance Service, now based at RAF Benson. Advanced Tickets are now on sale, at the Abingdon Information Office,located at the Old Abbey House, from Dawsons Music Shop and via Paypal on our website, to which more information can be obtained on: http://www.abingdonfayre.com (http://www.abingdonfayre.com/)

Telephone enquiries are welcome on 01235 529142, with Traders & Crafts persons welcome to book a pitch still.Advanced tickets prices are Adult £7, OAPs & Children £3.50, Under 5s Free.On the day they are Adult £8, OAPs & Children £5, Under 5s Free.

It promises to be the biggest and best event yet to be staged by Neil Porter & his band of volunteers known as the Abingdon Air & Country Show Committee.

cheers

Colin
Press & Sponsorship Officer
8th Abingdon Air & Country Show

espionage
14th February 2007, 20:59
Abingdon yes, May 6th no.

Anyone going to have a go at Santa Pod for the publicity. Mr 59 - it's on your doorstep I believe, and didn't you say that you have the road course bits and settings?

They need some more public names involved in the PR. Shane Lynch has almost been forgotten, they need to get someone new(er) like McFly or Kaiser Chiefs interested!!

Time for some string pulling...

Duane
14th February 2007, 23:17
we are pencilled in to do late may bank hol at Abingdon and Kinloss August bank hol, the Shows will be announced in the next few weeks with the cars possibly being needed for a launch in Horseguards Parade.

Duane

Chigley
15th February 2007, 00:54
Kinloss August bank

Kinloss! :eek: that's in Outer Mongolia and the sun never sets in the summer. Has air transport been organised? Scotland's forgotten where it is it's that far north. Three years of purgatory tells me it was. :D

racing59
17th February 2007, 10:42
we are pencilled in to do late may bank hol at Abingdon and Kinloss August bank hol, the Shows will be announced in the next few weeks with the cars possibly being needed for a launch in Horseguards Parade.

Duane

Will that be ALL the cars? Eeeeek

As for Abingdon, I may well be at both then... with my connections to the beneficiary of the former event.

Rob.

Cradge Bank
17th February 2007, 11:44
Will the £5m reforming of Boyzone and the suggested 30 date summer tour affect Mr Lynch's programme?

cgs
17th February 2007, 12:21
Will the £5m reforming of Boyzone and the suggested 30 date summer tour affect Mr Lynch's programme?

eh???

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a42719/gately-i-would-love-boyzone-to-reform.html

not plans according to that, article dated 14th february 2007 (3 days ago)

Cradge Bank
17th February 2007, 12:49
"no names on papers"

Could well have changed 16th February 2007 according to what I heard on the radio last night.

acorn
17th February 2007, 14:13
it was reported on metro.co.uk back in december that the band had signed up for a tour in 07. then in the 14th feb quote gately says he can't see them getting back together and there's no names on papers.

there was also talk of the tour being in the winter with tickets going on sale late feb early march.

who do you believe? when the tickets go on sale is probably when i'll take it more seriously.

espionage
20th February 2007, 20:46

He could always bring the band and do a gig at rockingham for the fans!

That's IF they got back together.

Reynard
20th February 2007, 22:49
He could always bring the band and do a gig at rockingham for the fans!

Cripes, I think that'd have me running away from the circuit as fast as possible, camera gear and all!!! :eek:

racing59
21st February 2007, 22:51
Whassup?

Too much pop?

Dave17
26th February 2007, 21:23
Have a look at the new look BRSCC web site.....

http://www.brscc-new.co.uk/

Al_Green
27th February 2007, 01:07
it'll be nice when it's all finished and goes live properly...

Dave17
27th February 2007, 17:52
I see what you meen Al. The first time I clicked on it there was a great ASCAR picture, when I checked the link it had changed to a FFord!!

JDPower
27th February 2007, 19:02
I see what you meen Al. The first time I clicked on it there was a great ASCAR picture, when I checked the link it had changed to a FFord!!
Then a Caterham, then an Escort. Think you'll find thats by design, dare say when its finished it will alternate through the pics while you're on the page, not just every time you refresh.

Miles better than the old site though.

Al_Green
5th March 2007, 01:16

Duane

Bit more info discovered (from the company I volunteer to work for at Leeds Festival who have included these dates on their 2007 calendar for site staff recruitment...)

These events are the RAFs Sprit of Adventure recruitment and technology weekends, with static and air displays, plus the 'other' stuff to make for a good family day out. There was supposed to be a Spirit of Adventure show last August bank holiday at Abingdon but it wasn't able to be organised around RAF operations in the time available and it was canned - the billing for that included SCSA & Pickup demos (plus Formula BMWs, but not sure if these were demonstrating their racing or airbourne capabilities). (info from militaryairshows.co.uk)

This year it'll be over two events, Abingdon in May & Kinloss in August.

The website should be http://www.raf.mod.uk/spiritofadventure although there's nothing there at the moment, but apparently further details will appear there later in the year

Al

Al_Green
5th March 2007, 01:21
Further info - From the RAF 2007 plan on their website...

Developed from the RAF Strategy, the RAF now has an engagement strategy, a key pillar of which is the new “Spirit of Adventure” concept for 2007 to promote the image, reputation and profile of the Royal Air Force through a range of air power-based activities. The initiative comprises merchandising, films, publications and two major Spirit of Adventure events.

RAF ground displays, aircraft fly-pasts, role demonstrations and static exhibits will all be involved, and the event will feature live music, extreme sports, theme park activities, competitions and many other attractions - a completely different approach from the standard air show profile. Two Spirit of Adventure events are planned for 2007, one in the South of England in May and one in Southern Scotland in Aug. Tickets will go on sale shortly.

Al.

Chigley
5th March 2007, 10:31
one in Southern Scotland

I hope the navigators didn't write this!!!

Map of Kinloss (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=300000.960340263&Y=850000.803256259&width=700&height=400&gride=306778.960340263&gridn=861794.803256259&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=freegaz&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=0&scale=500000&out.x=6&out.y=9)

racing59
7th March 2007, 07:37
I hope the navigators didn't write this!!!

Map of Kinloss (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=300000.960340263&Y=850000.803256259&width=700&height=400&gride=306778.960340263&gridn=861794.803256259&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=freegaz&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=0&scale=500000&out.x=6&out.y=9)

Och Cap'n Mainwaring, We're all doomed!

My nose will bleed if we go further up than Thirsk....

Still, should be fun.