PDA

View Full Version : No Helsinki SS next year at NORF.

A.F.F.
12th December 2007, 08:07
Not that many of you are even interested, this news came up during the forum shut down.

The speculated Helsinki super stage is not going to happen next year and the reason is purely logistical. Next year NORF will have all the championships, WRC, PWRC and JWRC. Too much hazzle what could make the rally vulnerable. Very wise decision if you ask me :up:

Mauri A
13th December 2007, 08:01
Not that many of you are even interested, this news came up during the forum shut down.

The speculated Helsinki super stage is not going to happen next year and the reason is purely logistical. Next year NORF will have all the championships, WRC, PWRC and JWRC. Too much hazzle what could make the rally vulnerable. Very wise decision if you ask me :up:

Remembering what I was wittnessing in Argentina this year, Mr Mahonen was there as a Steward of the Meeting, this is the right thing to do. Even without the Argentinean incident I always thought that Helsinki SS is a silly idea. In the 60s and 70s we had stages close to Helsinki, but all was different then.