Rockingham Ovalfest

FROM THUNDER SUNDAY WEBSITE
Thunder Sundays Calendar 2007
The dates are provisional and subject to change

Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th April
Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th June
Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd July
Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th August
Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th September (F3 & GT Meeting)

WHICH ONE DO YOU TAKE NOTICE OFF?
OVAL FEST IS ON ROCKINGHAM WEBSITE SO DO I IGNORE THUNDERSUNDAY WEBSITE?? OR WILL THINGS CHANGE???

Jeff Carter
7th January 2007, 20:14
I can confirm that the F3/GT date on 29 / 30 September is a stand alone event (ie NOT part of an SCSA meeting).

I would suggest that the calendar on the SCSA website is the one to work off for now.

Jeff

SteveA
7th January 2007, 20:21
With the revelation that Champcar are returning to Europe this year (Assen and Zolder), its a shame that they can't include Rockingham in the calendar.

LessThanSte
7th January 2007, 20:30
I suspect that, if it goes well and theres decent crowds, then maybe it will. Assen though is a bike mecca, and not too good for cars, though with the motorsport fans in that part of the world im sure it will be a sell out (wonder if i'l go!)

Shame the F3/GT arnt on a Thunder Sunday weekend, but guess thats totally impractical for everyone involved. Still, il be there!

pickup
7th January 2007, 20:32
Both are correct, oval fest Sep 15/16 (inc SCSA/Pickups). F3's and GT'S 29/30 Sep no oval racing so couldn't really be classed as a Thunder Sunday. I can't find the Thunder Sunday website you are talking about so can't comment on their dates.

jonv
7th January 2007, 21:46
With the revelation that Champcar are returning to Europe this year (Assen and Zolder), its a shame that they can't include Rockingham in the calendar.

Indeed, although with Champcar's move away from oval Brands might be more likely. They seem to be attracting the big car events. Not sure I would want to see a repeat of the 2003 Brands race though.

SteveA
7th January 2007, 22:07
The Rock could stage a pretty good non-oval race too!

Tser
7th January 2007, 23:08
Both sites are right. SCSA and Pickups are not at the final Thunder Sunday.

pickup
8th January 2007, 01:10
Both sites are right. SCSA and Pickups are not at the final Thunder Sunday.

I thought Thunder Sunday events were synonomous with the SCSA/Pickup series so how can you count a meeting without oval racing as a Thunder Sunday.