PDA

View Full Version : What have you had stolen from you car?

GridGirl
5th December 2007, 22:05
As I live quite a distance away from where I work I usually stop off at my mums house on the way home. I stopped off there today as usual where my mum started to tell me about how my brother had had the fog lights stolen off his car yesterday.

She had come back home from work to find some weird plastic bits on the drive way. When she'd questioned my brother when he got home from work (as things like this always have something to do with him) he managed to figure out what she'd found was the surrounds for his fog lights that were now missing. I went out to check mine just incase, as yep, in the 90 minutes between 6pm and 7.30pm that I was there I'm guessing that mine were stolen too.

As it turns out, we're not the only victims of this type of theft as my brother had heard of various people lately that have had theirs stolen. It seems to be the latest craze, and I'm sure they will be on ebay already.

Now I'm left with two big fat holes in my bumper and the prettiness of my car is completely ruined untill I can get them replaced. :bigcry:

Stuartf12007
5th December 2007, 22:51
oh dear what a kafuffle.

Daniel
6th December 2007, 00:41
Petrol back in Australia. No doubt someone was sniffing it minutes later :) Oh well at least I have the comfort of knowing that they probably killed a few braincells :)

GridGirl
6th December 2007, 09:08
LOL I've had that too. I'd forgotten about that, I had almost a full tank tank stolen when I had my Renault 5. Others to add to the list as clothes, hair straighteners and a SatNav earlier this year.

£40 each for my foglights plus fitting. Doh!

Dave B
6th December 2007, 09:54
I suffered an attempted break-in while parked on Susy's parents' drive (up north, say no more :p ) but they didn't get in so.... nothing.

555-04Q2
6th December 2007, 11:48
What do you mean stuff :?: Over here they take the whole bloody car :p :

Daniel
6th December 2007, 11:51
What do you mean stuff :?: Over here they take the whole bloody car :p :
and shoot you first for good measure ;)

Magnus
6th December 2007, 13:22
I don´t need to have things stolen from my car; you see, I have the keys to my car.
:s

Tomi
6th December 2007, 13:55
the front plate once.

Donney
6th December 2007, 14:01
The little lights which light the back plate. The front badge.

Allyc85
6th December 2007, 17:36
bloody hell nothings sage these days is it :(

Drew
6th December 2007, 18:24
Yup, apparently car crime was invented about 7 years ago.

Luckily I've had nothing stolen from my car. Although 2 of my friends who have clios had their passenger door locks smashed in, but they didn't get anything from the cars :)

schmenke
6th December 2007, 18:46
I've never owned a car that had anything worth stealing :p :

GridGirl
11th December 2007, 21:27
I've had a quote for all the parts to replace my fog lights and it comes to £210 before fitting plus theres issues about whether I have any wiring for them to plug into so it could be more. :s No wonder they spoons stole the damn things!

Donations for my fog light fund would be greatly welcomed. :p

Daniel
11th December 2007, 23:08
I've had a quote for all the parts to replace my fog lights and it comes to £210 before fitting plus theres issues about whether I have any wiring for them to plug into so it could be more. :s No wonder they spoons stole the damn things!

Donations for my fog light fund would be greatly welcomed. :p
At least you'll be easy to spot at the RoC :) You'll either be in a Fiesta without headlights or a Fabia with a bollard attached to it :p

GridGirl
12th December 2007, 16:57
I'll have my collection bucket ready and waiting for you at RoC Daniel. :)

306 Cosworth
12th December 2007, 20:09
I've had my two drivers side hubcaps nicked

A.F.F.
12th December 2007, 22:16
Sleeping bag and a football plus a pair of broken sunglasses.

Strangely my wallet wasn't good enough :s

CCFanatic
12th December 2007, 22:18
My whole car. Parked it at a coffee shop for a few minutes to get some breakfast, left the car running as you could see the car from the building, well, I was still unable to get to the car, before Mr. Badguy took off. Got the car back the next morning, but without a rear window.

Daniel
12th December 2007, 22:19
Perhaps they saw the pictures of Paasonen inside and it scared them off?

GridGirl
13th December 2007, 08:32
That story reminds me of one of the Partners at work. He parked his brand new Porche that he'd had for about 10 days outside one of the office doors. He unloaded some boxes and put them in the office. The silly billy had left the keys in it and left in running, so naturally the opportunist thief drove off in it and it was never seen again.

555-04Q2
14th December 2007, 15:05
Here's a great stat for those of you in the "civilised" parts of the world. Every third car sold in South Africa will be stolen at some stage of its life :s hock:

Daniel
14th December 2007, 15:10
Here's a great stat for those of you in the "civilised" parts of the world. Every third car sold in South Africa will be stolen at some stage of its life :s hock:

Tell them which car is most likely to be stolen ;) Surely it's one of those expensive BMW's or Mercedes Benz's that are sooooo common in South Africa :laugh:

They'll be surprised at what it is :)

555-04Q2
14th December 2007, 15:15
Some of the most popular are:

1. VW City Golf (the original Golf 1) and yes we still make them over here.
2. BMW 3 Series & 5 Series
3. Mercedes C Class
4. Toyota Corolla
5. VW Polo (Lupo for some countries)

Daniel
14th December 2007, 15:18
Damn!!!!! The Corolla got knocked off top spot! Crazy :)

nicemms
14th December 2007, 17:50
My dad has had his stereo take from the car, while the car was parked on our drive during the night!

His partner had har car stolen from his on the road, near his old house.

J4MIE
14th December 2007, 18:58
My dad has had windscreen wipers pinched from the car, sunroof smashed, been keyed more times than I can count and had his petrol stolen once about 10 years ago, someone gouged a hole in the tank and drained it :\

Hazell B
17th December 2007, 19:32
Isn't it just stupid that they risk nicking things that cost hundreds of pounds to replace, yet will only raise them perhaps twenty quid on the used market? You wonder why they bother - except that if they get caught, they get let off mostly anyhow :mark:

My old Land Rover had locks that any key would open, even Civic Boy's house key at Snetterton one year, so we weren't shocked when the brand new radio was stolen. They also took a Best of Squeeze but ejected the Wham's Greatest Hits I'd paid 20p for to test the player, leaving it laying on the seat to make me look bad :mark:

Once caught a large man trying to crowbar my rear Suzuki Vitara's door to pinch Naburn the dog. He was planning to leave the vehicle and just take the dog. He could run fast for a fat Pikey :laugh:

airshifter
17th December 2007, 20:21
They also took a Best of Squeeze but ejected the Wham's Greatest Hits I'd paid 20p for to test the player, leaving it laying on the seat to make me look bad :mark:

Though I don't intentionally ever make acquaintance with people who would steal, I have to think that even within such a shady subculture as the common criminal, they have to have some type of line as to standards.

They probably assumed that despite the gross loss in value on the stolen goods market, that 20p Wham CD was not worth either the risk or the money! :laugh:

Camelopard
18th December 2007, 09:43
My wife had her car broken into at her workplace recently :mad: .
Nothing was taken, she said to me "they didn't even take my CD's". Says a lot for her taste in music :D !

Naburn
18th December 2007, 19:33
Once caught a large man trying to crowbar my rear Suzuki Vitara's door to pinch Naburn the dog. He was planning to leave the vehicle and just take the dog. He could run fast for a fat Pikey :laugh:

You have no IDEA how scared I was, I almost peed myself. He wasn't just large, he smelled AWFUL!!

Hazell B
26th December 2007, 22:23
... I almost peed myself.

Actually that's true, the dog did pretty much pee himself. That's why I didn't give chase too much and was more interested it getting back to my vehicle and pet.

Anyway, I mentioned to somebody that I'd heard foglights were now on the list of pinchables, and she said somebody stole her spare wheel recently.

She was changing the wheel by the roadside in Doncaster when a man stopped and offered to help. She's not daft, so kept the tools in her hands, so the beggar took her wheel instead, complete with flat :mark:
She's on three alloys and a skinny spare until she finds a reputable dealer in single alloys :laugh:

Naburn
28th December 2007, 17:30
Actually that's true, the dog did pretty much pee himself.
Thanks for sharing that with everyone mummy, now they'll all just laugh when they look at me. I'll never be able to go to Snetterton with you again. Shall I reveal some of your more embarassing secrets? Hmmm?

Easy Drifter
28th December 2007, 19:24
Honda Civic is the #1 here.
I have been lucky. Maybe it is the 'Danger Venomous Reptiles' stickers.