Daniel
5th December 2007, 13:22
Yes just you J4mie :D

pino
5th December 2007, 13:30
You mind to tell us why it must end December 7th ? :p :

GridGirl
5th December 2007, 14:09
I understand where your coming from J4MIE. :) Sales ending December 7th are just because people can't afford to splash out anymore with the global credit crunch so retail results are falling.

I dont mind Christmas sales that occur before Christmas, what I don't get are the people that buy full price anyway. Take Next for example, everytime I go in right now the queues are a mile long. Yet in a week or so's time when their Christmas sales starts online I can order what I want and get it delivered by Christmas Eve. Then the sorry fools will start camping out on Boxing day for the stuff they didn't buy at full price before Christmas when it was on sale online anyway. :s

Dave B
5th December 2007, 14:44
Most high street stores' sales are bull**** anyway (and I should know, I've managed a few!). Goods are bought in especially for the "sales" or stuck in a dingy corner at an inflated price just long enough for the retailer to legally declare "50% off" when it suits them. Or there's the old trick of inflating the price enough to cover your 3-for-2 (coughbootscough) or BOGOF deals.

As a retailer I used to love Christmas. It accounted for a massive proportion of my takings and provided a handsome bonus in February's pay packet. But now, as a customer, I avoid the high street like the plague in November and December. :s

Daniel
5th December 2007, 15:08
Most high street stores' sales are bull**** anyway (and I should know, I've managed a few!). Goods are bought in especially for the "sales" or stuck in a dingy corner at an inflated price just long enough for the retailer to legally declare "50% off" when it suits them. Or there's the old trick of inflating the price enough to cover your 3-for-2 (coughbootscough) or BOGOF deals.

As a retailer I used to love Christmas. It accounted for a massive proportion of my takings and provided a handsome bonus in February's pay packet. But now, as a customer, I avoid the high street like the plague in November and December. :s
So true. Exactly why I now buy most of my stuff online :) We got a really good deal on a Le Creuset set on Amazon the other day (god I must sound even more dull than I am) I tend to visit www.hotukdeals.com (http://www.hotukdeals.com) regularly to see what sort of deals are on :)

Mark
5th December 2007, 17:26
i only buy stuff in the high street if I just cant get it online or just cant wait! some of the prices they charge take the piss!

gadjo_dilo
6th December 2007, 07:30
We don't have Christmas sales here. On the contrary, prices are increasing.

I have a feeling that J4mie is the owner of a store and is looking for bigger profits.

J4MIE
6th December 2007, 15:07
I have a feeling that J4mie is the owner of a store and is looking for bigger profits.

On the contrary, it just annoys me that Christmas is used as an excuse to get people into shops :s It is still weeks away!! But some Christmas sales are about to end :s