PDA

View Full Version : LMS & ALMS costs??

samehere
5th December 2007, 10:10
I read somewhere that autocon has a 1.5 million $ budget for the 07 season and Audi 15mil$....and the results are showing it...but is it really possible to run a season with just 1.5mil??I can not imagine to run a team on such a small budget...10 races...mechanics...car...engine..only for 1.5mil?thats really a hard work then...and coming to le mans to see a defeat ....is it worth it?

Sleeper
6th December 2007, 22:07
Audi are probably spending more than that, I read that their entire 2000 season cost them £50 million, though its probably not that high again.

As for Autocon, they'll take what they can get and go for the racing because they love it, besides, most of the staff arent going to be full-timers.

CCFanatic
6th December 2007, 23:16
You can run a season fairly cheaply. It is the start up costs that scare many potential racers out of a certain class or series. A P1 chassis is a good half million dollars, and an engine package could run you another half million, if you want to run well.

m lewis
6th January 2008, 00:14
Hi guys,
I don't know how I really arrived here but interesting boards here so i thought I'd stop in and say hello.

AutoCon does run on a bit of a tight budget. We have 3 fulltime guys and a truck driver and they have to work real hard. the rest of the crew are fly-in volunteer. In order to do Le Mans (which is ridiculously expensive) we will have to cutback on some of our ALMS schedule for the year. How much is still up in the air.

We actually do the entire ALMS season for under $1.35 mil and it takes a lot of planning and not much testing. This is why we are slow to adapt to a new car such as the Creation as almost all our running is on race weekends. We do hope to show considerable better pace this year.

Since we're talking about saving budget. Any of you guys free for a little wrenching or truck driving at Le Mans. You don't get paid but we will provide the beer!! Happy New Year..

Michael Lewis
AutoCon