PDA

View Full Version : Full Beam/Fog Lamps.....

AndyRAC
2nd December 2007, 23:40
:mad: :mad: :mad: While at Wales Rally GB, and driving home the amount of times I have been blinded by on coming cars was unbelievable. Please people turn your full beam/fog lamps off AND set your headlights on the road, not the sky, AAAGGHHH!!!! It really is incredible, the times I virtually had to stop because I couldn't see anything. And to cap it all my car has developed a mis-fire, not good!!!

Daniel
3rd December 2007, 07:50
i say one idiotic Subaru driver with a light pod on the front of his car and he had the lights turned on. Moron.

Mark
3rd December 2007, 07:59
Was it Petter Solberg?

GridGirl
3rd December 2007, 08:25
I too hate the people who drive with their foglights on when there's no need for it, especially the Spoons that drive 12 inches from your rear bumper. :rolleyes:

AndyRAC
3rd December 2007, 12:24
i say one idiotic Subaru driver with a light pod on the front of his car and he had the lights turned on. Moron.

I saw plenty of drivers with their light pods and lights on, it was a Special Stage, thats okay, it's allowed!!

306 Cosworth
3rd December 2007, 12:35
If anyone has anyone behind them with their front fog lights on then just switch on your rear fog lights that's what I do! I did it to some bloke in a Pajero on the motorway last week and he flashed his lights at me and he's the one who had his foglights on, tit!

AndyRAC
3rd December 2007, 12:41
If anyone has anyone behind them with their front fog lights on then just switch on your rear fog lights that's what I do! I did it to some bloke in a Pajero on the motorway last week and he flashed his lights at me and he's the one who had his foglights on, tit!

They're really unbelievable aren't they? I meant when they're driving towards you, all you see is blazing white light and nothing else, temporary blindness!!! Not funny at all.

Daniel
3rd December 2007, 12:42
I saw plenty of drivers with their light pods and lights on, it was a Special Stage, thats okay, it's allowed!!
This was in the Newport McDonalds Super Special :)

Dave B
3rd December 2007, 18:49
I'm seriously considering carring a small tacking hammer to deal with extranious lights :\

Drew
3rd December 2007, 19:17
I've seen loads of people here driving around with their fog lights on, it doesn't really bother me, it just seems pointless :p :

Plus, isn't there a £50 fine if cought?

Hazell B
3rd December 2007, 19:45
It's a fad that appears to be passing in this area, thankfully. I guess the younger lads who started it (thinking "How cool do I look?") stopped when 40 plus men copied them in an effort to look even cooler :p :

You would think that after a driver with fogs on had been half blinded by other drivers with fogs on, he would stop using them. But no. Lack of brain power strikes again :mark:

In the dark, especially if it's raining, they're a menace. I wish the police or government would make some of those old fashioned public information films about the true use of fog lights, just so morons know they are not for every day use.

AndyRAC
3rd December 2007, 21:18
It's a fad that appears to be passing in this area, thankfully. I guess the younger lads who started it (thinking "How cool do I look?") stopped when 40 plus men copied them in an effort to look even cooler :p :

You would think that after a driver with fogs on had been half blinded by other drivers with fogs on, he would stop using them. But no. Lack of brain power strikes again :mark:

In the dark, especially if it's raining, they're a menace. I wish the police or government would make some of those old fashioned public information films about the true use of fog lights, just so morons know they are not for every day use.

That's the problem, last night it was raining heavily from Rhayader until I got home, that's Merseyside. On the dark A470/483 it wasn't much fun being blinded. Believe me, one day somebody is gonna come a cropper because of being blinded!!

306 Cosworth
4th December 2007, 18:34
Well if it's people coming the otherway then I just turn my lights on full ahead at them (providing no cars in front, just flash then!)

Anyone noticed that it's mostly french cars that have their fog lights on, usually Pugs and Citroens! :s

J4MIE
4th December 2007, 19:09
The amount of cars on the road with poorly adjusted headlights is incredible too :s

Mp3 Astra
4th December 2007, 23:33
My Dad came up with a good idea, which is has used for the past year.

Hang a fluorescent jacket on the back of the passenger seat; it has three uses:
1) People can see if their lights are reflecting off the jacket and realise that their lights are too bright/high.
2) A fluorescent jacket, for some reason, always makes you look like you have an air of authority...
3) If you break down in an awkward place, or you're walking to an emergency phone, everyone can see you.

306 Cosworth
5th December 2007, 11:56
The amount of cars on the road with poorly adjusted headlights is incredible too :s

Christ you can say thata again, some peoples are so bad you'd think they've got them on full beam :s

Hazell B
5th December 2007, 19:31
Mp3 Astra, your dad's a genius. I might just pinch his idea and do the same thing.

Even in a Discovery I get half blinded by vehicles behind at times. Putting on my rear fog just makes them tailgate :mark: