PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Sundays.

pickup
6th December 2006, 00:04
I've just seen the provisional dates for the 2007 pickuptruck championship and there are only five (thunder Sundays) at Rockingham, the May round that is on the SCSA calender as TBA the trucks are at the Croft circuit (unless they put in another Rockingham and race twice in May). I was wondering if they are sticking to the six race weekends at Rockingham next year and the inclusion of the F3/GT meeting at the end of the year has only left five weekends for the " Thunder Sundays".
We have one extra meeting next year (11) but unfortunatley 1 less Rockingham. In 2006 we did 6 Rockinghams and 4 circuits, next year provisionally there are 5 Rockinghams and 6 circuits. I think this is a shame the truck racing at Rockingham is superb and i would like to have seen more on the oval not less, in my opinion once you start losing dates it's a job to get them back on the calender again especially at Rockingham with the precarious situation that exists with the planners.

kate16draft
6th December 2006, 12:51
Where has the old forum gone?
All of my links have disappeared!
HELP!!

inamo
6th December 2006, 12:53
try here http://archive.motorsportforums.com/forums/

Jamie Brown
6th December 2006, 18:28
the first meeting is on the same day as the a1gp at brands

kate16draft
6th December 2006, 18:33
Thank you so much, very helpful!

Jamie Brown
6th December 2006, 19:51
ok thanks i am glad my info was useful! :=)

Rusty Spanner
8th December 2006, 15:01
the first meeting is on the same day as the a1gp at brands

Not ideal but I suspect the two tracks are far enough apart and the two types of racing different enough not to cannibalise each others audience too much.

Jamie Brown
8th December 2006, 17:40
yes but i will be going to the A1GP instead of SCSA

acorn
8th December 2006, 18:05
that's your choice to make. personally i'll be sky +ing A1GP and making an overdue re-appearance in the stands at rockingham.

enjoy the traffic nightmare which has become a signature of big meetings at brands of late.

JDPower
8th December 2006, 18:06
yes but i will be going to the A1GP instead of SCSA
Thats your problem, personally I've found the A1gp booooring :s nore:

Jamie Brown
9th December 2006, 10:36
Acorn the traffic wasnt that bad last year.you should have seen the traffic for the last round of the btcc!

acorn
9th December 2006, 11:41
my point exactly.

jonv
9th December 2006, 14:46
Still not decided between Thunder Sunday and A1GP yet. Really hoping the Rockingham date changes, otherwise the decision will be based on grid sizes (yawn) and the support package at Brands.

LessThanSte
9th December 2006, 16:26
Acorn the traffic wasnt that bad last year.you should have seen the traffic for the last round of the btcc!

Did you arrive at Brands last year at 4am, on Thursday? The queues were insane, and i left 6 hours prior to the first race (and missed 3)

Besides, the race last year was CRAP around Brands. The sprint race was follow the leader, and the only excitement in the feature race was team GB winning the pit stop sequence and blowing up on the out lap!

Which is why im miffed that its still at Brands. Move it to Donington!!!!!!

Jamie Brown
10th December 2006, 00:25
That traffic was the police's fault they were not doing anything what they were supposed to be doing he was just sitting on his motorbike watching the traffic what a....

Chigley
17th December 2006, 01:50
I've just looked at the Thunder Sunday calendar and we've lost an event. I hope it's a web mistake. :confused:

Calendar (http://www.rockinghamthundersundays.com/calendar/calendar.htm)

scubie
17th December 2006, 02:04
I've just looked at the Thunder Sunday calendar and we've lost an event. I hope it's a web mistake. :confused:

Hi Chigley
The other september meet isn't a thunder sunday event Its the Ovalfest, if I remember rightly it was the same last year.

pickup
17th December 2006, 02:10

Sorry to say at the moment we have only been given 5 dates for the SCSA/Pickups at Rockingham for 2007 one of which as has already been stated is the ovalfest weekend.

Dave17
17th December 2006, 21:18
We have the following events at Rockingham....

Thunder Sundays 4 weekends
Ovalfest 1 weekend
BTCC 1 weekend
F3/GT 1 weekend
TVR Sunday only

Abo
18th December 2006, 12:14
We have the following events at Rockingham....

Thunder Sundays 4 weekends
Ovalfest 1 weekend
BTCC 1 weekend
F3/GT 1 weekend
TVR Sunday only

ASCE one weekend supposedly...

acorn
18th December 2006, 12:48
ASCE one weekend supposedly...

but that could be a thunder sunday which would be logical. have any of our german friends heard anything new coming from the essen motorshow about take up/progress?