PDA

View Full Version : Seat confirm drivers

PDS
30th November 2007, 15:22
SEAT have confirmed Plato and Turner again for 2008!
http://www.seatsportuk.co.uk/BTCC/2006_btccnews.asp?ID=30112259

SEATFreak
30th November 2007, 16:30
I am happy, SEAT are no doubt happy. All is well..... :) :up:

I really hope now SEAT show something tangible for sticking with the same formula next season and go on to be finally a top trophy winning team like Vauxhall has.

SEAT deserve to be a top trophy winning team like Vauxhall. I think they have a brilliant lot of guys like Engineer Piers (Phillips) and Team Manager Jonathon (Haynes).

Maybe with SEAT a formula just needs time to gel?
Because every season since 2004 has seen something different. In 2005 they got in James Pickford and Luke Hines. Not to mention NorthernSouth. In 2006 they got in Darren Turner and James Thompson to run in the second car - a brand new model in the Leon - alternatively. And last season Thommo left SEAT to join N.Technology in the WTCC leaving Darren to run full-time with Jase.

But here's to a prosperous 2008 and heres hoping Darren and Jase begin to work strongly together. :up:

VkmSpouge
30th November 2007, 17:22
It is a good choice by SEAT to keep both drivers.

nicemms
30th November 2007, 18:48
Hopefully Turner will have a reliable car this season and avoid stupid acidents that weren't his fault.

Hes a good driver, just never had chamce to shine.

Ed
30th November 2007, 21:27
well Turner needs to stop being a Peter Kox and findin trouble. Im quite shocked by Seat, i thought they would pull off something better in light of vauxhall line up

MBailey06
30th November 2007, 21:39
well Turner needs to stop being a Peter Kox and findin trouble. Im quite shocked by Seat, i thought they would pull off something better in light of vauxhall line up

Though granted Kox did do somewhat better in his second season at was regular fighting for podiums towards the end, perhaps Turner will do the same.

BTCC2
1st December 2007, 22:11
Hmmmm a bit of a strange one if you ask me. I know that consistancy is a major factor that has been taken into consideration but by doing this I think they could give the manufacturers title to Vauxhall again as they have a killer line up.

240PS
2nd December 2007, 09:10
So we got the drivers to keep up the consistancy, but I expected them to make the move to the TDI car as in Wtcc which has had some great race's but then this would not be consistancy.Would of liked to have seen Tommo back

SEATFreak
2nd December 2007, 10:52
So we got the drivers to keep up the consistancy, but I expected them to make the move to the TDI car as in Wtcc which has had some great race's but then this would not be consistancy.

Welcome to the forum 240PS.

I don't know if you actually are a part of the great personnel at SEATSport but friendly advice if you aren't. Watch what you write in future. Folk do tend to take words to literally and put them out of context. I used the word "we" in that context some time ago and they took it to mean I said I worked for the team.

That out the way back to business.

Depends on how you view the TDi personally. I think the TDi will only add to the stability now achieved in the retention of Jase' and Darren as their 2 drivers. What the TDi is capable of was all to see when Yvan, Gabriele and Jordi (at Macau) was running it in their cars in the WTCC.

Allyc85
2nd December 2007, 11:44
Good decision to keep the same drivers, it means they can do some decent development this winter without having to learn new people.

BDunnell
2nd December 2007, 19:30

Interesting, and worthwhile, comparison between Turner and Kox.

I think this is sensible by SEAT, as Turner showed that, on his day, he can beat anyone. The trouble was that there weren't quite enough of those days, and not because of his own doing.

ATF
4th December 2007, 09:49
He is a top professional driver and it's good to have as many of those in the series as possible - remember, many people tipped him as a dark horse this year.

When he's on pole and leading, he has no problems - think he just needs to stand his ground a bit more when he's racing and take no prisoners!

240PS
4th December 2007, 12:38
In others words take some tips from top man team mate JP

ATF
5th December 2007, 13:39
Exactly :p :