PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up - Anyone in and around Hertfordshire - Lewis Hamilton Book Signing TODAY

Giuseppe F1
30th November 2007, 10:07
Lewis' Hertfordshire roots in both Stevenage and Tewin have been well documented this year and for anyone living or working around Welwyn Garden City in Hertfordshire, Lewis will be at the Howard Shopping Centre in Mahers Book Shop signing copies of his new book, Lewis Hamilton: My Story from 3pm today (Friday 30th November)

A store spokesman said: "To ensure that Lewis meets as many of his fans as possible during his time at the store it has been decided that customers will be unable to reserve books for this event and that copies of the book only will be signed.

"There will be a maximum two copies per customer and all books must be dedicated.

"Lewis' time is strictly limited and customers will be seen on a first come first served basis."

This is about a 5 minute walk from where I work so gonna pop down in my lunch-break.......would be rude not to now, wouldnt it!

Giuseppe F1

LINK: http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/wht...A13%3A13%3A930

Erki
30th November 2007, 11:26
Lewis' new book? When's the next one coming then?

A 22-year-old writing an autobiography is a bit like a band with two albums releasing a best-of album. :\

stevie_gerrard
30th November 2007, 23:02
he was at Bristol Cribbs Causeway the other day, absolutely gutted that i missed him :(

Mp3 Astra
1st December 2007, 19:29
I live next to Stevenage, but I'm not buying the book out of principle. I'll wait until he's about 60, then I'll buy one!

Drew
1st December 2007, 20:07
I live next to Stevenage, but I'm not buying the book out of principle. I'll wait until he's about 60, then I'll buy one!

What principles? What because he's young he can't write an autobiography? Would you buy Jordan's autobiography over Hamilton's because she's older? :rolleyes:

Age doesn't count for anything in this case, Hamilton has achieved much more things than most of us will. Even if you're not a fan of him, I'm sure most people would realise that.

Mp3 Astra
1st December 2007, 22:54
What principles? What because he's young he can't write an autobiography? Would you buy Jordan's autobiography over Hamilton's because she's older? :rolleyes:

Age doesn't count for anything in this case, Hamilton has achieved much more things than most of us will. Even if you're not a fan of him, I'm sure most people would realise that.
Oh no I think he's done really well and I admire him a lot for it; but I just think calling it "my story" says that he has peaked and nothing else amazing will happen to him. If it had been called "the story so far" then it would be more appealing. I don't know... Maybe I just think that people should just write one autobiography in their lives, not one when they're in their early 20s.

Sleeper
2nd December 2007, 00:51
I'm with Mp3 Astra on this, I wouldnt buy an autobiography from someone in their twenties simply because they have most of their ives still in front of them, the story isnt close to being finished.

Daniel
2nd December 2007, 14:44
I'm with Mp3 Astra on this, I wouldnt buy an autobiography from someone in their twenties simply because they have most of their ives still in front of them, the story isnt close to being finished.
Ditto. He's hardly had a long and colourful career compared to your Schumacher's, McRae's, Hakk's and so on.....

Erki
2nd December 2007, 18:53
Hmmmm.... wonder what he'd write in there though... dad worked his ass off, I went karting, met Ronnie some time along the line, ordered a seat from him, got lotsa $ and kart parts from him, drove in british little series for a few years, went to F3 and GP2, ditched my girlfriend cos she wants me to be slower, went to F1, cut off from Alonso right from the start, told Ronnie to go phuck swivel if I no good enuff, went off in China and messed up my buttons in Brazil, but I'm still better than Fred and I'm greaaat!...

or... maybe hot bedroom scenes featuring Ron Dennis? :hot:

:p