PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up - Anyone in and around Hertfordshire - Lewis Hamilton Book Signing TODAY

Giuseppe F1
30th November 2007, 09:58
Lewis' Hertfordshire roots in both Stevenage and Tewin have been well documented this year and for anyone living or working around Welwyn Garden City in Hertfordshire, Lewis will be at the Howard Shopping Centre in Mahers Book Shop signing copies of his new book, Lewis Hamilton: My Story from 3pm today (Friday 30th November)

A store spokesman said: "To ensure that Lewis meets as many of his fans as possible during his time at the store it has been decided that customers will be unable to reserve books for this event and that copies of the book only will be signed.

"There will be a maximum two copies per customer and all books must be dedicated.

"Lewis' time is strictly limited and customers will be seen on a first come first served basis."

This is about a 5 minute walk from where I work so gonna pop down in my lunch-break.......would be rude not to now, wouldnt it!

Giuseppe F1

LINK: http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/news/story.aspx?brand=WHTOnline&category=News&tBrand=herts24&tCategory=newswhtnew&itemid=WEED23%20Nov%202007%2017%3A13%3A13%3A930

Nikki Katz
30th November 2007, 10:17
Thanks, but I'll give that a miss. I went to a Terry Pratchett book signing in Stevenage a couple of years ago and there was a 2 hour queue. I know that he actually wrote a book while Hamilton has a ghost-written autobiography, but Hamilton's the bigger star so I wouldn't expect to get anywhere near him.

Sarah
30th November 2007, 14:00
They've just shown the queues of people this lunchtime on BBC Look East and shown a bit of an interview with him but the full interview will be shown tonight.

wmcot
2nd December 2007, 08:10
I still find it hard to believe that Lewis has written "his story" after 1 season in F1! I could understand it if he called it something like "My Road to F1" or similar but to call it an autobiography sounds like it should be written at the end of his career...unless he plans to issue it in volumes every few years like "Harry Potter?"

ioan
2nd December 2007, 09:32
I still find it hard to believe that Lewis has written "his story" after 1 season in F1! I could understand it if he called it something like "My Road to F1" or similar but to call it an autobiography sounds like it should be written at the end of his career...unless he plans to issue it in volumes every few years like "Harry Potter?"

Good point. I guess it's all about "THE MONEY"! :D

SGWilko
6th December 2007, 15:58
Good point. I guess it's all about "THE MONEY"! :D

Not that different to footballers, hasn't Shrek (sorry, Wayne (grab a granny) Rooney) and Beckham also done the same.

Money? Makes the world go round sadly. Why do you think the Yanks and that twit Bliar invaded Iraq? Oil = money.

Look up Peak Oil, it'll all make sense then.............

Big Ben
6th December 2007, 20:33
I'll wait for the movie. After all it should come soon, LH being the first f1 driver to be almost successful.

SGWilko
6th December 2007, 20:51
I'll wait for the movie. After all it should come soon, LH being the first rookie? f1 driver to be almost successful.

Will Smith to play Lewis, John Hurt to play Billion Dollar Bernie, T Blair to play Max, Jack Nicholson to play the Ronster???? :laugh:

Other ideas welcome....