PDA

View Full Version : Rally GB 2007 - official thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Magnus
26th November 2007, 16:59
I take the freedom of opening this thread, since there is only three days to go, hope you do not mind!
The championship is probably settled. Reading the news on mgr.fi certainly makes one hope for a wonder, but I guess it is not to happen. If you search for Marcus Grönholm on wikipedia there is some interesting links in the end of the article, one of them describing Grönholms dominance as almost like Schumachers... Well, those were the days (feb 2003)
Anyways it will be a very exiting rally, with really treacherous conditions. I´ll keep my fingers crossed! As AFF has pointed out, Loeb should ease on the gas now when he is a father, anything else would be unresponsible!

Magnus
26th November 2007, 19:34
http://www.walesrallygb.com/52_411.php?PHPSESSID=2dae456aa539e24aa27b23528f384 f7e
well, they certainly aren´t making things easy for people who want to stay out of the crowds... It is a little bit sad that you can not enjoy many rallies in your own way anymore. The security aspect is of course important, but for me it very much ends up in a money related question... this is certainly the backside of high-level rallying!
To take the snow-mobile to far-away places on the swdish rally is a fantastic thing. I hope they do not forbid that aswell :(

AndyRAC
26th November 2007, 21:10
Probably because people are fed up with up with the 'Sheep pens', we've all said it before and will say it again, but these have ruined the Rally for most spectators, if you don't get there 3 hours before the first car you won't get a good view, Ridiculous!!!

pino
26th November 2007, 21:52
I look forward to this rally as I think the fight for the title isn't over yet ;)

turves
26th November 2007, 21:52
http://www.walesrallygb.com/52_411.php?PHPSESSID=2dae456aa539e24aa27b23528f384 f7el :(

This article is incorrect. For one, it was David Higgins, not Mark, and two, it was a tractor with a bail fork on the front. Granted, the situation was very serious and could've led to a fatal accident, but it looked to me to be a pi55ed off farmer driving his tractor on the track, because it was blocked off for a rally!

Either way, safety is of course the most important thing, and I have seen motorcyclists riding down stages before! I hope they arent going to be even stricter with the spectator pens though...

Simmi
26th November 2007, 22:08
If pens are an issue for anyone just get there nice and early and walk on the stages to a good bit. The marshalls aren't going to reccomend it because it's not in their interests to. Just dont stand in a stupid place and it's fine.

Minke
27th November 2007, 02:46
I posted this in another thread, and no one could answer me.

Is this rally a paired event for engines or chasis?

jparker
27th November 2007, 05:05
I posted this in another thread, and no one could answer me.

Is this rally a paired event for engines or chasis?

Not sure about chasis, but it's not paired for engines.

jonkka
27th November 2007, 08:46
Entry questions:
#41 Leszek Kuzaj is marked with co-driver Craig Parry but he on the list twice, also with his regular driver #32 Stuart Jones. Who co-drives Leszek?
#51 Martin Rauam doesn't have a car marked, what does he drive?
#64 Barry Clark doesn't have a car or co-driver, will he start and with what and whom if he does?

Roy
27th November 2007, 09:01
Entry questions:
#64 Barry Clark doesn't have a car or co-driver, will he start and with what and whom if he does?

About Clark:

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/news/157592-0/fsti_clark_switches_to_group_n_car.html

jonkka
27th November 2007, 09:11
Thank you!

jonkka
27th November 2007, 09:20
And further question:
Co-driver for #99 Peter Stephenson?

jonkka
27th November 2007, 09:49
And same for:
#108 Stefan Davis

Magnus
27th November 2007, 10:07
2005 Loeb crashed out while testing for the GB rally, then he crashed out in Australia, but thats another story...
If I want loeb to crash out? Uh... no, not really, but a flock of punctures or a pile of bad selfesteem would at least be something to hang in the X-mas tree.
Besides I would like for mäkinen to keep his record with four straight championships (at least in the last years of rallying)

GigiGalliNo1
27th November 2007, 12:05
same i want makinen too! i miss that guy haha

and monte carlo streak too! thank goodness gronholm cracked it! :D hehe

not that i dont like loeb :p

luca
27th November 2007, 12:22
Entry questions:
#41 Leszek Kuzaj is marked with co-driver Craig Parry but he on the list twice, also with his regular driver #32 Stuart Jones. Who co-drives Leszek?
Kuzaj will be codriven by Parry. Its long term agreement. Jones will drive with new codriver - Andy Bull, as he did already in Ireland.

Paul.G
27th November 2007, 13:21
Hopefully making the trip to Crychan as there are two runs, anyone seen any good maps of the stage? or recomendations for any good spots?
Thanks,
Paul

Simmi
27th November 2007, 13:44
Hopefully making the trip to Crychan as there are two runs, anyone seen any good maps of the stage? or recomendations for any good spots?
Thanks,
Paul

I was on Crychan last year and had an awesome spot.
http://www.walesrallygb.com/308_395.php
I'm pretty sure we were in what they are calling car park F. If you aim for the areas marked V1 and V2 and keep going. Get there early and walk along the stage and through the hairpin left tight section. It's a fair walk along a farily straight section until it comes to a 90 left and the valley sort of drops away and the cars follow the road around clockwise. There's a hairpin which you cant stand at but if you follow the next straight there is a good bank which people were standing on last year. So you end up facing the direction you've walked in but because the place is like a bowl you see the cars for about 30 seconds or so. The cameras were there last year and a large group of santas. I think Atkinson lost it at the corner we stood on the year before. Probably the best place I've ever spectated at purely because you see the cars for so long. It's about a 20min walk but well worth it.

Doon
27th November 2007, 14:06
If you walk against the direction of traffic at V1 (i.e, turn right when you get to the hairpin), walk up the stage for about 10min and you will come to a 90 right (as the rally cars will see it!!) where PG Andersson went straight on into a ditch in 2004. About 150 yard after this is a great right hander, where Henning Solberg lost it in 2005! Its very quick and sideways. My favourite spot ever! However I find the quarry futher into the stage is a bit naff......but generally Crychan is very good for spectating.

I'm doing Halfway on saturday, as i've never been there and the second run is in the dark :)

Looks like Rheola 2 is also in darkness!?

J4MIE
27th November 2007, 14:43
Completely no idea where I'll be going but will be cheering Marcus all the way... hopefully he won't make a stupid mistake like last few events :s

jparker
27th November 2007, 14:58
2005 Loeb crashed out while testing for the GB rally, then he crashed out in Australia, but thats another story...
If I want loeb to crash out? Uh... no, not really, but a flock of punctures or a pile of bad selfesteem would at least be something to hang in the X-mas tree.
Besides I would like for mäkinen to keep his record with four straight championships (at least in the last years of rallying)

OK, Loeb crashes and Gronholm wins the title. Is that the way to show the world you are the best? Not winning by winning, but wining by the mistakes of others. Ford won the title like that last year, and it only got it this year by having 2 best drivers, not best car. So, all I want to say is Loeb in my mind got the title already, so as Citroen.

Halvard
27th November 2007, 15:34
OK, Loeb crashes and Gronholm wins the title. Is that the way to show the world you are the best? Not winning by winning, but wining by the mistakes of others. Ford won the title like that last year, and it only got it this year by having 2 best drivers, not best car. So, all I want to say is Loeb in my mind got the title already, so as Citroen.

But isn`t the winner the driver with most points, and the driver with most point is the best driver ( sometimes fastest, sometimes beeing the smartest, sometimes not crashing)

What I mean is that if Loeb crashes, then he did a mistake. As you could say Gronholm did in Japan. Then Gronholm should win, because Loeb wins because Gronholm made a mistake in Japan.

You can`t think this way. The winner is the driver with most points, and most of the time you could say he was the best during that year.

Or?

J4MIE
27th November 2007, 15:42

You could say the same that Seb will win the championship because Marcus went off in Ireland.

Same difference.

Magnus
27th November 2007, 16:14

I was merely trying to joke a little bit, but I forgot my smilies :D
Otherwise, yes, a complicated sport like rallying often is about making as few mistakes as possible, because you will always end up doing them. As i have pointed out before, Loeb is probably the better driver, and I would so much like to see Bosse outshining Loeb in pure speed, since he is the underdog. And he actually has done that during this year from time to time.
Since Bosse is quitting now, all i tried to express is how much I would like for him to win the title, without Loeb crashing out. I expect from most Ford drivers to have a carte blanche, or how the **** it is spelled, in order to steal points from Loeb. It will be impossible though, and they should save their roll-cages.

Langdale Forest
27th November 2007, 18:16
I think Loeb will win the championship but Gronholm will win the rally.
But if Loeb makes a mistake Gronholm could win the championship on his last year.

xavier
27th November 2007, 18:19

I think the Focus is a better car than the C4. I actually think it was the best car in 2006 and 2005 and even maybe in 2004 (but the Xsara was more reliable in 2004 and 2005).

Fischer
27th November 2007, 19:12
Get real. Loeb makes the least mistakes of all drivers, and you hope he makes an error on such a crucial moment?

Paul.G
27th November 2007, 19:33
Thanks Simmi, Doon,
Sound promising!! We are getting there early so will have a nose around.
As we are there for both runs can have a look at both spots!

As for Seb and Marcus,
I cant see Seb loosing it now he doesn’t crash often and the C4 is pretty bomb proof, so I think it will be a Citroen celebration at the end.

Unless M-Sport magic extras drivers for Stobart, Munchi’s and any other Focus’s they can get in the top 5!!

Paul

jparker
27th November 2007, 19:47
But isn`t the winner the driver with most points, and the driver with most point is the best driver ( sometimes fastest, sometimes beeing the smartest, sometimes not crashing)

What I mean is that if Loeb crashes, then he did a mistake. As you could say Gronholm did in Japan. Then Gronholm should win, because Loeb wins because Gronholm made a mistake in Japan.

You can`t think this way. The winner is the driver with most points, and most of the time you could say he was the best during that year.

Or?

You could say the same that Seb will win the championship because Marcus went off in Ireland.

Same difference.

Hmm, I guess you are right. Anyway, wishing someone retirement is not nice, but I will assume it was a joke.

Glee
27th November 2007, 20:17
I wonder what orders Malcom has given Hirvonen and the Stobart boys?

Drive as you have stolen both the car and the petrol, and let's see what it looks like after day 1?

euskalteam
27th November 2007, 21:32
Anybody knows where the shakedown is?

Thanks

A.F.F.
I wonder what orders Malcom has given Hirvonen and the Stobart boys?

Drive as you have stolen both the car and the petrol, and let's see what it looks like after day 1?

Or after day three.

Allyc85
Just a quick question, im thinking of turning up at Brechfa when the car park opens at midnight, but can I buy a ticket on the gate even though its late at night?

ste898
27th November 2007, 22:24

What a total load of CRAP

I so hope Loeb f...ks it up just for you.......

jparker
27th November 2007, 22:59
What a total load of CRAP

I so hope Loeb f...ks it up just for you.......

Oooo boy, I feel bad things coming up for you man, at least few sleepless nights at the end of this week ;)

J4MIE
27th November 2007, 23:38
Anybody knows where the shakedown is?

It is in Penllergaer Forest, north of Swansea at junction 47 of the M4. Has been there for past few years.

Just a quick question, im thinking of turning up at Brechfa when the car park opens at midnight, but can I buy a ticket on the gate even though its late at night?

Almost certainly, you won't be the only one turning up at that time, so there should be marshals there to check tickets etc.

pino
27th November 2007, 23:45
Wish I was going too so I could watch Marcus in action for last time :(

PuddleJumper
27th November 2007, 23:50
Wish I was going too so I could watch Marcus in action for last time :(
Jump on a plane to Manchester and I'll pick you up.

pino
27th November 2007, 23:57
Jump on a plane to Manchester and I'll pick you up.

Can't do that, but thanks ;)

Magnus
28th November 2007, 01:10
Hmm, I guess you are right. Anyway, wishing someone retirement is not nice, but I will assume it was a joke.

Yeah, that would be nice since I wrote:
"If I want loeb to crash out? Uh... no, not really, but a flock of punctures or a pile of bad selfesteem would at least be something to hang in the X-mas tree."

This is not my home-language, but somewhere along the line it should turn out rather apparent that I do not hope for Loeb to have an off, especially since I wrote it explicit?
:hmph:

J4MIE
28th November 2007, 01:55
Magnus, don't worry about it too much, some people just don't get it, do they? :)

jonkka
28th November 2007, 06:32
Kuzaj will be codriven by Parry. Its long term agreement. Jones will drive with new codriver - Andy Bull, as he did already in Ireland.

Thank you!

euskalteam
28th November 2007, 08:41
Thanks J4MIE, any maps? I can't find one. Is near of the junction 45 or 47??

That's the infor from http://www.walesrallygb.com:

SHAKEDOWN
This is the first chance to see the rally cars and drivers in action. It’s a good representative stage to give the cars a final run before the action starts.

Shakedown will take place during the morning of Thursday 29th November between 8am and 1.30pm. A park and ride service to the Shakedown location will operate from Swansea Vale which is a dedicated Park and Ride area situated close to junction 45 of the M4. The post code for Swansea Vale Park and Ride area is SA7 0AJ. Coaches will make frequent journeys to and from the Shakedown venue, offering a non-stop service as and when required.

J4MIE
28th November 2007, 09:29
Map of the shakedown is this:

http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/output1/gam/gam_ordsvywat-sun-172418316289129.png

J4MIE
28th November 2007, 10:54
Right guys I am leaving now, hope it's a good event for everyone! :D :up:

(remember and pack your waterproofs if you are going! ;) )

J4MIE
28th November 2007, 10:55
:bounce:

AndyRAC
28th November 2007, 12:35
Apart from Walters' Arena, there isn't any overnight parking on Thursday night, how stupid is that. They really are trying to destroy the experience aren't they, 5;00 and 7;00 the car parks open. Anybody know why this has happened, always used to be midnight.

bryst
28th November 2007, 16:38
Apart from Walters' Arena, there isn't any overnight parking on Thursday night, how stupid is that. They really are trying to destroy the experience aren't they, 5;00 and 7;00 the car parks open. Anybody know why this has happened, always used to be midnight.

They did that last year to some extent but usually there is a overnight holding area where you can park up overnight then move closer to the stage in the early hours. I think the reason they say car parks open at whatever time is to discourage the idiots who turn up get drunk and start setting off fireworks

Allyc85
28th November 2007, 19:09
So thatl be done saturday night/sunday mornin then lol

Carlo
28th November 2007, 19:45
Where can one find a full list of the Shakedown times?

SubaruNorway
28th November 2007, 20:28
Where can one find a full list of the Shakedown times?

Shakedown is tomorow, http://www.ewrc.cz are pretty fast on geting the times up

Magnus
29th November 2007, 08:12
ewrc.cz looks like a really interesting site, pity one do not understand ****!

A.F.F.
29th November 2007, 08:32

Don't worry :laugh: Most of us don't understand jack. But they have a good result service.

Shacki
29th November 2007, 09:22

Nice to hear it ;) Maybe in the future it will be also in english, who knows ;)

29th November 2007, 09:54
www hw925shop com are the biggest DVD,VCD,MOVIE,TV SHOW,etc wholesaler in China, hw925shop offer WHOLESALE & DROPSHIP DVD MOVIE BOX SETS all over the worldwide. All of items are high quality and competitive price.
Hw925shop have the professional dropship DVDS service? The dropship service is a no investment,no inventory,no risks,We package your orders and ship them to your customers directly through EMS express with online tracking available.No minimum order.

Product list:West Wing,Veronica Mars,The Lord of the Rings Trilogy,Golden Girls,Dead Zone,Apprentice,Star Trek Enterprise,Star Trek Deep Space Nine,SIX FEET UNDER,Roswell,OZ,NYPD Blue,Nip Tuck,MASH,Married with Children,Grey's Anatomy,Frasier,Everybody Loves Raymond,ER,Desperate Housewives,Deadwood,CSI MIAMI,Charmed,Band of Brothers,friends,Simpsons,Star Wars,Sopranos,CSI,24 HOURS,South Park, THE L WORD,star gate,007,
Baby Einstein,Monk,seinfeld,The Shield,OC,babylon,Queer as folk,Will And Grace,profiler,Alias,ANGEL,STAR TREK VOYAGER,
Star Trek The Next Generation,SEX AND THE CITY,x-Files,Ally Mcbeal,Xena Warrior Princess,STAR WARS,Star Trek The Original Series,Smallville,PROJECT RUNWAY,Medium,FAMILY GUY,Disney 100 Years of Movies,Buffy the Vampire Slayer,Black Adder,Barbie,Baby Einstein Language Nursery,Addested Development,Without A Trace, etc.

All DVDs are officially released Asian version with best quality.
Brand new and factory sealed, come with original English audio
Region free, NTSC/PAL compatible, will play on all region code DVD players.
(All of DVDS are US Version DVDs without Chinese writing on the cover to help you selling easier on ebay )
Please visit our website: www hw925shop com
Email: hw925shop@163.com
MSN: hw925shop@hotmail.com

Scrap_Iron
29th November 2007, 11:41
"A daisy chain of fronts." :confused:
"Good weather for the garden but not for gardening." :mad:
http://www.itvlocal.com/wales/weather/
Well you know us Brits and our pre-occupation with the weather :rolleyes:

Buzz Lightyear
29th November 2007, 12:31
is there any results from shakedown?

Halvis
29th November 2007, 12:31
Shakedown finished, I think? Eager to see some results, even if it doesn't count for anything..

emk
29th November 2007, 12:38
Basic shakedown for cousins, Bosse's car caught fire (just a minor problem according to MTV3) and Lindholm's Suzuki stopped to road section back to service...

Blitzerflitzer
29th November 2007, 13:31
Shakedown – Wales Rally GB 2007:
Loeb – 02:24.4, Sordo – 02:24.5, Grönholm – 02:24.7
P. Solberg – 02:24.9, Latvala – 02:25.0, H. Solberg – 02:25.3
Atkinson – 02:25.4, Mikkelsen – 02:26.3, Stohl – 02:26.7
Hirvonen – 02:26.9, Wilson – 02:27.0, Pons – 02:27.7
Kopecky – 02:34.1, Lindholm 02:36.6

turves
29th November 2007, 13:31
Still no shakedown results?

turves
29th November 2007, 13:41
From Crash.net

1. Sebastien Loeb Citroen Total WRT C4 WRC 2mins 24.4secs M
2. Dani Sordo Citroen Total WRT C4 WRC 2mins 24.5secs M
3. Marcus Gronholm BP Ford Focus RS WRC 07 2mins 24.7secs M
4. Petter Solberg Subaru WRT Impreza WRC 2007 2mins 24.9secs M
5. Jari-Matti Latvala Stobart Ford Focus WRC 06 2mins 25.0secs M
6. Henning Solberg Stobart Ford Focus WRC 06 2mins 25.3secs M
7. Chris Atkinson Subaru WRT Impreza WRC 2006 2mins 25.4secs M
8. Andreas Mikkelsen Ramsport Ford Focus WRC 2mins 26.3secs
9. Mikko Hirvonen BP Ford Focus RS WRC 07 2mins 26.9secs M
10. Manfred Stohl OMV Kronos Citroen Xsara WRC 2mins 26.7secs M
11. Matthew Wilson Stobart Ford Focus WRC 06 2mins 27.0secs
12. Xavier Pons Subaru WRT Impreza WRC 2006 2mins 27.7secs
13. Luis-Perez Companc Munchi's Ford Focus WRC 06 2mins 29.6secs M
= Federico Villagra Munchi's Ford Focus WRC 06 2mins 29.6secs M
15. Mads Ostberg Subaru Impreza WRC 2mins 31.2secs
16. Jan Kopecky Czech RT Skoda Fabia WRC 2mins 34.1secs
17. Conrad Rautenbach Citroen Xsara WRC 2mins 36.3secs
18. Sebastian Lindholm Suzuki WRT SX4 WRC 2mins 36.6secs
19. Gareth Jones Stobart Ford Focus WRC 04 2mins 37.6secs

Whinlatter
29th November 2007, 13:58
I'm off to either Epynt or Halfway on Saturday - first time I have bothered with RGB in 7 years (since the price increases/spectator pens were forced upon us).

So why go back this year? Well, the entry is bigger and better than in recent years, feedback suggests that sensible spectators can wander freely as long as they don't act irresponsibly, I'd like to see the new Suzuki and the C4 (which I've not seen 'live' yet), the prices have dropped to a more realistic level and I'm hoping to see Marcus win his last WRC rally! :)

Hope everyone who is out watching has a good time, and here's hoping Cumbria's finest is given a chance to go flat out from the start and show he's quicker than most people seem to think...... ;)

N.O.T
29th November 2007, 15:22
Suzuki again hit problems on the shakedown....pity for all these handless drivers that use the car....

Mauri A
29th November 2007, 15:46
Suzuki again hit problems on the shakedown....pity for all these handless drivers that use the car....
I´d like to see your hands.

Buzz Lightyear
29th November 2007, 16:08

and suzuki are looking for driver to pay??

Raini
29th November 2007, 16:12
does anyone know what problems suzuki have? technical or driving mistake was caused by these problems?

Brother John
29th November 2007, 17:01
and suzuki are looking for driver to pay??

http://www.autosportforum.be/images/icons/icon14.gif :laugh: good one.

CABAIO E'LONA
29th November 2007, 17:10
Guy Wilks Is involved in the PWRC, for this rally? not according the official page (entry list) but is usual that local driver's join in the amount of points...

http://www.walesrallygb.com/documents/2007_RGB_List_of_Entries_Received_-_Subject_to_FIA_Approval_1-11-07.pdf

pantealex
29th November 2007, 17:48
Guy Wilks Is involved in the PWRC, for this rally? not according the official page (entry list) but is usual that local driver's join in the amount of points...

http://www.walesrallygb.com/documents/2007_RGB_List_of_Entries_Received_-_Subject_to_FIA_Approval_1-11-07.pdf

59 Guy Wilks is in PWRC. There can be 2 guest drivers in every PWRC and JWRC events (numbers 59 and 60)

wrc.com resultpage you can find entrylist without nonstarters

A.F.F.
29th November 2007, 17:56

Better handless than brainless they say....

EDIT: I have to say Mr.Mousefart's whining is like an icicle up in your ass. When it's there, it's kinda annoying but when it's gone, you kinda miss it.

CABAIO E'LONA
29th November 2007, 18:14
59 Guy Wilks is in PWRC. There can be 2 guest drivers in every PWRC and JWRC events (numbers 59 and 60)

wrc.com resultpage you can find entrylist without nonstarters

thank you, the GB rally of Wales is the final round of British Rally
Championship?...

http://www.guywilks.com/

and Wilks are figthing for the title, no doubt that things are difficult for Gabriel Pozzo, who must win the PWRC to be World Champion...

pantealex
29th November 2007, 18:25
and there is also David Higgins in number 53 Subaru, driving also for British championship title, not an easy task for Pozzo.

Paul.G
29th November 2007, 18:35
I do hope Suzuki sort out their woes, I suppose it is early days to judge them. But more manufactures in the WRC can only be a good thing.

Suppose their performance will be closely tied to their budget for the WRC team.
Where do you think they will sit in terms of budget??? (for a full year)

Something like this currently??

1. Citroen
2. Ford - M-sport
3. Subaru – Prodrive
4. Stobart – M-Sport
5. OMV Kronos – Citroën
6. Munchi’s – M-Sport

Will Suzuki sit above or below Prodrive??

White Sauron
29th November 2007, 18:59
I think thanks to ABu Dhabi Ford now has a bigger budget than Citroen. Even Citroen can't afford running 3-4 teams (!), though most of them are backed by personal sponsors.

Roy
29th November 2007, 19:00
Nederlanders (and other members) what is the first name of this co-driver?

#25.
P. VAN MERKSTEIJN (NL)
H. VAN BEEK (NL)

I don't find it.

Dank je wel!

Simmi
29th November 2007, 19:17
I think thanks to ABu Dhabi Ford now has a bigger budget than Citroen. Even Citroen can't afford running 3-4 teams (!), though most of them are backed by personal sponsors.

There's talk in Autosport this week about Citroen running a third C4 next year for Conrad Rautenbach.

alleskids
29th November 2007, 19:20
Nederlanders (and other members) what is the first name of this co-driver?

#25.
P. VAN MERKSTEIJN (NL)
H. VAN BEEK (NL)

I don't find it.

Dank je wel!

Rallybase heeft het over Hans van Beek
http://www.rallybase.nl/index.php?type=profile&driverid=15905

1LM1
29th November 2007, 19:38
Some news from Suzuki. It was an engine trouble during shakedown. Water temperature was too high. So quite serious but Lindholm is confident and happy with the car:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64172

Now, can't wait for the battle Latvala/Hirvonen/Sordo/Solberg to start. Sordo is the one with the less experience of rally GB but he is so talented that I think he can join in this battle.

Of course, I think Hirvonen will be a little faster than others but let's see what Latvala, Sordo and Solberg (GB is Solberg's favorite rally) will do.
Interesting.

I suppose Loeb will be slower than Marcus, Hirvonen and Latvala as Hirvonen explains: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64166

So he have to be ahead of Solberg to secure the title and so that Sordo is able to keep his position if ahead of him.

Not so easy.

1LM1
29th November 2007, 19:39
There's talk in Autosport this week about Citroen running a third C4 next year for Conrad Rautenbach.

Interesting. Let's see what he will do this weekend with the Xsara WRC.

Isthmus
29th November 2007, 21:01
I do hope Suzuki sort out their woes, I suppose it is early days to judge them. But more manufactures in the WRC can only be a good thing.

Suppose their performance will be closely tied to their budget for the WRC team.
Where do you think they will sit in terms of budget??? (for a full year)

Something like this currently??

1. Citroen
2. Ford - M-sport
3. Subaru – Prodrive
4. Stobart – M-Sport
5. OMV Kronos – Citroën
6. Munchi’s – M-Sport

Will Suzuki sit above or below Prodrive??

How do you know Citroën has more budget than Ford and Subaru?

N.O.T
29th November 2007, 21:20
when did Mr lindholm and Mr bernardi learned how to drive in places they haven't driver at least a million times...yes that pure skill....Well at least they are in a car suitable for their careers....

MJW
29th November 2007, 21:30
Great atmosphere in Cardiff tonight for the ceremonial start, including Jimmy McRae in Colin's car - must be difficult for him. Huge crowds, outdoor ice skating rink, fairground and fireworks, should tick a few FIA boxes.

Tomi
29th November 2007, 21:35
Great atmosphere in Cardiff tonight for the ceremonial start, including Jimmy McRae in Colin's car - must be difficult for him. Huge crowds, outdoor ice skating rink, fairground and fireworks, should tick a few FIA boxes.

sounds nice, i hope you have a good rally, say hi to Pentti if you see him :)

Koppomsbo
29th November 2007, 21:41
"We cannot push 100 per cent because we will go off. Maybe if it was dry we could really push, but it is more important to finish the rally."

Eeeh... Good qoute by Seb Lindholm... :s

AndyRAC
29th November 2007, 22:37

Oh dear, the F1A are likely to be impressed by that. I hope it's a great event, I'll actually be leaving shortly, but I feel it's got a bit stale, the same stages year in year out. We need some variety, Hafren, Sweetlamb, Dyfi, just hope they'll relax the rules on routes. The Monte seem to get away with it.

RallyfanNZ
29th November 2007, 23:40
Rally NZ produced a complete list of Shakedown times. Rally GB have the top 19.

Not much use if I'm trying to keep an eye out on Hayden Paddon's progress in his first PWRC event outside of NZ.

ZequeArgentina
30th November 2007, 00:37

Yes Cabaio, thats is why I openned this post:
http://rallybase.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123100

bennizw
30th November 2007, 07:32
What time does the first stage start? Got a little mixed up with the information at WRC.COM, where it says 09.26 GMT+1, as Wales is GMT.

MHjerpe
30th November 2007, 07:51
2 hours left... :(

turves
30th November 2007, 08:04
Now, can't wait for the battle Latvala/Hirvonen/Sordo/Solberg to start.

I would include Atko in that battle too, if he can keep it on the road...

by the way, good morning everyone.

Helstar
30th November 2007, 08:42
Starting in 1 hour right.... ?

Leon
30th November 2007, 08:47
good morning everyone.....

less than an hour to start....eagerly awaited

1LM1
30th November 2007, 08:52
I would include Atko in that battle too, if he can keep it on the road...

by the way, good morning everyone.

Yes. I think you are right.
So Loeb, watch out! I think he has to push not as much as usual but almost. Especially if everyone is in good shape on these roads but he sure knows that.

SS1 in less than an hour now.

turves
30th November 2007, 08:57
I think Loeb has a difficult job this weekend. he has admitted he will be driving for the championship. It is sometimes easier to make a mistake doing that. For sure, the Ford posse (Gronholm, Hirvonen, Latvala, Solberg, and I think also Wilson) will have been told to go for it, they HAVE to beat Loeb for Marcus to win the championship, but I think they will also be hoping the Subau's will be up there too. When you take into account its two years since Loeb competed in Wales, and 4 years since he competed in Wales in November, there could be quite a few spanners in the works...

Magnus
30th November 2007, 09:07
This is actually a quite interesting rally due to this aspect; we will probably be able to se the real speed of some of these guys in the "Ford posse", since they probably have been ordered/asked to push. Tactics and other issues are likely to be of lesser importance in this rally than in most others. Looking forward to it!

RallyfanNZ
30th November 2007, 09:14
Sure, maybe Aitkinsen, Latvala, P.Solberg and Hirvonen can stay ahead of Loeb.

But going on past results.

Aitkinsen will be fast out of the blocks and then fall off.(Lets hope not)
Latvala will be quick as hes done the roads before.
P.Solberg will be fast but will have some stupid failure.
Hirvonen will be consistently fast.

If those predictions come true I'll become a Physic.

1LM1
30th November 2007, 09:17
Yes, it will be interesting to hear the comments from Loeb after SS1. I don't think his feeling will be good if he drives slightly differently than usual on roads with so many grip changes. Tricky.

I think he will have to push.

Leon
30th November 2007, 09:33
My prediction...

Loeb will be in the heat of the battle for top three without special effort (i.e. taking big risks). Welsh forests will be full of pieces from maximum attack focuses which were doing fine until.....as well as blue pieces from subies.

I hope I eat my words.

I am not a Loeb fan as I wasn´t a Bosse fan during his golden 2000 - 2002, but I admit that Seb is an exceptional driver everywhere.

I hope Gro get the champ without others having accident. It is just the fact that C4 owes Loeb a mechanical failure for once.

Brother John
30th November 2007, 09:37
Good morning, Gentleman start your engines. :)

pino
30th November 2007, 09:38
J4MIE has just texted me, saying that there is a lot of fog in the stage, let's hope none goes off :s

noel157
30th November 2007, 09:44
Well with R Radio's weather report, (rain, fog, very cold and heavy rain this afternoon) and Ford's wish to put space between Gronholm and Loeb, I'll think we'll see alot of surprises and retirements this weekend. One surprise will be the performance of the Subaru's. Loeb to sit around 3rd - 5th until tomorrow morning and then decide what needs to be done to win the championship.
Of course I may be slightly wrong.................

Wim_Impreza
30th November 2007, 09:46
Well with R Radio's weather report, (rain, fog, very cold and heavy rain this afternoon) and Ford's wish to put space between Gronholm and Loeb, I'll think we'll see alot of surprises and retirements this weekend. One surprise will be the performance of the Subaru's. Loeb to sit around 3rd - 5th until tomorrow afternoon and then decide what needs to be done to win the championship.
Of course I may be slightly wrong.................

Very cold? I thought it will be 10 - 11 degrees during all the weekend.

1LM1
30th November 2007, 09:55
Fog is not good at all for Sordo (the one with less experience in these weather conditions in Wales as he told us in a pre-rally interview). I expect him slower than he could have achieved without fog but on the other hand, it's good news. It will be useful experience for next year.

A tricky rally is just about to start.

Josti
30th November 2007, 09:55
Loeb underway...

Roy
30th November 2007, 09:57
Very cold? I thought it will be 10 - 11 degrees during all the weekend.

Isn't that very cold? Brrr :D

MartijnS
30th November 2007, 09:58
Gronholm 5.6 seconds slower @ first split..

jonkka
30th November 2007, 09:58
Loeb faster than Bosse...

Magnus
30th November 2007, 09:59
bosse +5,6

jonkka
30th November 2007, 09:59
Other will have to do phenomenally well to be ahead of Seb, it seems...

Wim_Impreza
30th November 2007, 10:00
Isn't that very cold? Brrr :D

Not for me, I love cold days. How colder, how better for me. :)

MartijnS
30th November 2007, 10:01
Hirvonen fastest!

Magnus
This doesn´t look that good. Loeb tends to be very good when it´s foggy, but then: when his he not very good?

jonkka
Seems that Mikko is on the speed so that would indicate a prob for Marcus...

turves
30th November 2007, 10:02
Mikko was fastest last year, until he hit a great big rock...

Seems Seb isn't that worried about driving to position...!

jonkka
30th November 2007, 10:04
I'd expect Mikko to have learned the rocks by this time... :)

grugsticles
Gronholm stall at stage start perhaps?

duff
Solberg?

turves
30th November 2007, 10:05
I'd expect Mikko to have learned the rocks by this time... :)

I hope so

duff
Sorry, there he is

jonkka
Gronholm stall at stage start perhaps?

He would have recovered from that, instead he consistently lost a bit during the stage.
EDIT: Except at the end... :eek:

Roy
Gronholm doesn't believe in it. But the first driver on wet gravel has advantage? Well Hirvonen does what he must do?

Magnus
At least bosse took some back in the last split +5,5
petter lagging behind :(

jonkka
30th November 2007, 10:06
And Petter is slower than Sordo, bad from four-time winner

Brother John
30th November 2007, 10:07
No splits from Loeb in Grönhols car. :up:

turves
30th November 2007, 10:08
Looking forward to seeing Latvala's times. I think he will be in 2nd position after SS1.

Magnus
30th November 2007, 10:08
No splits from Loeb in Grönhols car. :up:

I think it´s stupid.
Great time from hirvo though!

jonkka
30th November 2007, 10:09
Looking forward to seeing Latvala's times. I think he will be in 2nd position after SS1.

Judging by 1st split he'll be 3rd but given Bosse's final split charge I think 4th

turves
30th November 2007, 10:10
Judging by 1st split he'll be 3rd but given Bosse's final split charge I think 4th

Looks like you may be right. Atko showing Petter the way again, at least until he bins it...

Mauri A
30th November 2007, 10:10
To me it seems that Loeb was slow on the last split.

Brother John
30th November 2007, 10:11
I think it´s stupid.
Great time from hirvo though!

It´s not stupid, thats real competition.

Halvis
30th November 2007, 10:11
Mornin' guys! Surprisingly huge time diffs, very, very dissapointing from Petter. Bosse must have had a stall or something..

jonkka
30th November 2007, 10:12
Indeed... but hoping for five drivers ahead of Loeb is wistful thinking

jonkka
30th November 2007, 10:14
Henning found the same rock that Hirvonen met last year?

MartijnS
30th November 2007, 10:14
Problem for Henning at the last split.

MHjerpe
30th November 2007, 10:15
What positions is needed for Grönholm to take the title..

turves
Indeed... but hoping for five drivers ahead of Loeb is wistful thinking

I think the only way that will happen is if theres a mechanical problem, or an off...

Watch out for Wilson though... Hmmmm!!! (more wishful thinking!)

I would've liked to have seen Wilkes in WRC here

Wim_Impreza
What is Henning Solberg doing?

Halvis
Henning must have been off - ruined a rally that didn't look good from the first splits completely.

turves

Depends where Seb finished. If Gronholm wins, Seb only needs 5th

MHjerpe
30th November 2007, 10:16
Depends where Seb finished. If Gronholm wins, Seb only needs 5th

ahh ok.. will be hard for him then..

turves
What is Henning Solberg doing?

He probably stopped to pick up some of his brothers bodywork...

Gard
Henning got a puncture last 6km his left rear tire was missing

jonkka

Bosse 1st - Loeb 6th or lower (10 and 3 pts)
Bosse 2nd - Loeb 8th or lower (8 and 1 pts)
Bosse lower than 2nd, Loeb automatically champion
something like that

1LM1
30th November 2007, 10:18
I knew that Sordo would struggle in the fog compared to other top drivers. :( Well, at least, the experience will be useful. Let's see if he can play with Petter now.

turves
Watch out for Wilson though... Hmmmm!!! (more wishful thinking!)

same as Sordo at split 1. Maybe... :laugh:

Brother John
And Stohl is again the big joke in wrc this year. :p :

Halvis
Henning got a puncture last 6km his left rear tire was missing

Missing as in wheel missing? Or just rubber missing?

ITC55
30th November 2007, 10:19
Good first split for Matt Wilson.....interesting

Gard
30th November 2007, 10:20
He got a puncture right after the start and the rubber disapeared during the stage. Last 6 km the rubber was off.

buffalo
30th November 2007, 10:21
Can someone let me know the link to live splits please ?

jonkka
30th November 2007, 10:21
Good time for Pons too

turves
30th November 2007, 10:22
Can someone let me know the link to live splits please ?

here you go

http://www.zone.ee/wrcmasters/analyzer.php?rally=16&results=1

MartijnS
30th November 2007, 10:22
http://www.nuclear.pri.ee/rally/

Buzz Lightyear
30th November 2007, 10:23
Good first split for Matt Wilson.....interesting

must be a mistake!

ITC55
30th November 2007, 10:23
Great stuff from Pons

buffalo
30th November 2007, 10:24
Thankyou very much guys .... Go Marcus !!!!

Wim_Impreza
30th November 2007, 10:24
Hmm, Jan is not so fast as I expected. But as usual, he will probably speeding up in the next stages.

turves
30th November 2007, 10:25
same as Sordo at split 1. Maybe... :laugh:

Normal service is resumed...

jonkka
There is an escort service advert at the top of this page. Ad-broker misread the site's keywords and took "Escort" as "escort"?

Mirek
Wim_Impreza: Kopecky made no gravel since Finland, that's almost half a year...

Halvis
30th November 2007, 10:26
He got a puncture right after the start and the rubber disapeared during the stage. Last 6 km the rubber was off.

OK, so he should be able to change tyre and continue then - hopefully a lot faster!

BTW, this is how next year could be for all, when tyre mousse is forbidden...

ITC55
30th November 2007, 10:26
Normal service is resumed...

Ha ha i was way ahead of myself....

Halvis
30th November 2007, 10:30

Also, where did you get that info so fast? Secret sources?

Wim_Impreza
30th November 2007, 10:30
]Wim_Impreza: Kopecky made no gravel since Finland, that's almost half a year...

I know, I already said that he will be speeding up in the next stages. ;)

turves
30th November 2007, 10:31

Maybe he's Wilsons co-driver, he must have plenty of time on his hands... :laugh:

René
30th November 2007, 10:32
Another place for split times !

http://www.pjea.com/live/index.php?by=fast&stage=1&link=2

Gard
30th November 2007, 10:36

No secret source. Just Rally Radio

Mirek
30th November 2007, 10:36
Wim_Impreza: I don't expect much. Mud and fog are not condition he is confortable on. In my oppinion the only chance on points are crashes of others.

ITC55
30th November 2007, 10:37
How new is Ostbergs Impreza?

pucky54
30th November 2007, 10:38
How new is Ostbergs Impreza?

Impreza from 2004

Air Østberg starts again!!!

Mirek
S10 I think.

Halvis
Good time from Østberg! Terrible start for the Suzuki...

Brother John
30th November 2007, 10:41
After 10 km no brakes on the Suzuki!! these are still more terrible than the Skoda. :p

Wim_Impreza
30th November 2007, 10:41
]Wim_Impreza: I don't expect much. Mud and fog are not condition he is confortable on. In my oppinion the only chance on points are crashes of others.

Yes, it would be good when he can fight for best real privateer.

turves
30th November 2007, 10:42
SS2 Loeb on stage

MHjerpe
30th November 2007, 10:43
Bosse 1st - Loeb 6th or lower (10 and 3 pts)
Bosse 2nd - Loeb 8th or lower (8 and 1 pts)
Bosse lower than 2nd, Loeb automatically champion
something like that

thanks..

Roy
30th November 2007, 10:43
Wow.. the Dutch drivers start split 1 with the time the most are finished... :\

MHjerpe
30th November 2007, 10:45
And Stohl is again the big joke in wrc this year. :p :

He was going flat out from first meter hi said.. well well.. Daniel C made the right decision...

Brother John
30th November 2007, 10:46
Wow.. the Dutch drivers start split 1 with the time the most are finished... :\

Yes you need more as only a wrc car! :rolleyes:

Micke_VOC
30th November 2007, 10:47
He was going flat out from first meter hi said.. well well.. Daniel C made the right decision...

Yep, the material its not good enough....

Magnus
30th November 2007, 10:48
bosse -1,8

jonkka
30th November 2007, 10:48
Gronholm's found the speed but still Mikko is faster

turves
30th November 2007, 10:49
Marcus is slowly clawing the time back

Brother John
30th November 2007, 10:49

Certain he dit and he made a good decision, every time this year Stohl told to go for the top 5, what a joke..... :rolleyes:

jonkka
30th November 2007, 10:50
And Sordo is fast!

Tom206wrc
30th November 2007, 10:55
After 10 km no brakes on the Suzuki!! these are still more terrible than the Skoda. :p

They have a mountain of work to do(the altitude of the Mount Fuji, in Suzuki's home :p : ) if they want to be minimum competitive in 2008 !! :s

jonkka
30th November 2007, 10:56
Wake up people, SS2 underway and Loeb already at stage finish!

Mirek
30th November 2007, 10:57
Pozzo started a bit too slow for victory. Very well Hanninen and Aigner, and of course Higgins, waiting for others...

Tom206wrc
30th November 2007, 10:58
What about the S2000s(Jones and Solowow) ??? :confused:

And Dani Sola in the Honda ?? :confused:

Magnus
30th November 2007, 10:58
Bosse -4,1

Micke_VOC
30th November 2007, 11:01
Problem with results ?, no uppdate on bfg from ss1

Mirek
30th November 2007, 11:02
Tom206wrc: They aren't even started in the moment.

Wilks on Higgins's pace, nice fight.

Brother John
30th November 2007, 11:05
And Sordo is fast!

He was fast till...............split 2.

MartijnS
30th November 2007, 11:05
Hirvonen is really on his pace! Impressive.

Tom206wrc
30th November 2007, 11:06
What a disastrous season for Manfred Stohl !! :mark:

Why didn't he stick with the Bozian whale like in 2006 ??

N.O.T
30th November 2007, 11:07
Nice pace by Hirvonen... Gronholm and Loeb don't want to risk anything yet.

Leon
30th November 2007, 11:07
Hirvonen is really on his pace! Impressive.

Hope this is an indication for next year, that Loeb will face some competition

Roy
30th November 2007, 11:09
Atkinson very slow....

Brother John
30th November 2007, 11:09
What a disastrous season for Manfred Stohl !! :mark:

Why didn't he stick with the Bozian whale like in 2006 ??

I agree, he was thinking to have the car from Loeb 2006. ;)

jonkka
30th November 2007, 11:10
Hope this is an indication for next year, that Loeb will face some competition

On certain rallies yes, but there are many where he'll go unchallenged - I fear.

Tom206wrc
30th November 2007, 11:11
No split for Kopecky ??? :confused:

RallyfanNZ
30th November 2007, 11:12
It would help if the WRC applet for stage times was not buggy!!!
Not to mention you cant select the stage you want to look at!!!

Switched to Stage 2 and I wanted to look at 1!!! Girrr

jonkka
30th November 2007, 11:16
It would help if the WRC applet for stage times was not buggy!!!
Not to mention you cant select the stage you want to look at!!!

Switched to Stage 2 and I wanted to look at 1!!! Girrr

Do you refer to some funky WRC+ gadget at WRC.com? If so, use the basic side, that works just fine. A tad slow with updates but still...

Mirek
30th November 2007, 11:18
Nice time for Matin Prokop even he had to pass Kleinjahn on stage.

Tom206wrc
30th November 2007, 11:20
What about the S2000s(Jones and Solowow) ??? :confused:

And Dani Sola in the Honda ?? :confused:

Sorry my mistake !! Michal Kosziusko is running in the Fiat Grande Punto S2000, not Michal Solowow :mark:

ZequeArgentina
30th November 2007, 11:24
]Pozzo started a bit too slow for victory. Very well Hanninen and Aigner, and of course Higgins, waiting for others...

Yep. Too cautious. Anyway, speedwise he reults are what I expected (See post about impressive N4 entry list), except Aigner who is faster than I thought (as a lot of people mentioned in that post).

Lets see how it develops.

Have you seen Rautenbach´s time with a N2 Citroen in SS1????? IMPRESSIVE

Mirek
30th November 2007, 11:25
ZequeArgentina: Rautenbach is driving Xsara WRC ;)
http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2007/wrc/gb/mf_a_9_rautenbach_1.jpg

jonkka
30th November 2007, 11:27
Have you seen Rautenbach´s time with a N2 Citroen in SS1????? IMPRESSIVE

N2?

Whinlatter
30th November 2007, 11:27
And Wilson kicks Pons's arse on SS2! Gan on Matty lad! :D

Brother John
30th November 2007, 11:28
Fine tactic from Ford to let Mikko go, they try to make Loeb confused and make a mistake. ;)

N.O.T
30th November 2007, 11:28
Rautenbachs and prokops performances show the ridiculus level that the s1600 championship is at the moment....

jonkka
30th November 2007, 11:29
BFG boys have started drinking bubbly a bit early, they think Henning is leading by nine minutes... :eek:

Mirek
30th November 2007, 11:30
N.O.T.: Prokop had to pass Kleinjahn that slowed him much (and he would have to pass him again probably). Prokop is driving second time in his life a gravel rally with 4WD. The last 4WD rally was Acropolis where he was fighting for victory in N4 but he had a puncture.

N.O.T
30th November 2007, 11:35
Performance in N4 says nothing.....look at Arai....

Mirek
30th November 2007, 11:39
N.O.T: If You've done only two 4WD gravel rally in Your life, than it says many.

Impressive time from Novikov on stage 1 :)

Tom206wrc
30th November 2007, 11:40
SS3 has just started ;)

ZequeArgentina
30th November 2007, 11:41
]ZequeArgentina: Rautenbach is driving Xsara WRC ;)

I am sorry, I trusted BF Goodrich, and they made a mistake,
So he is impressive, but impressively slow..............

Halvis
30th November 2007, 11:43
Really, really depressing to see the pace of the Subaru - and to think that they are stuck with that car for helf next season is even more dpressing...

Mirek
30th November 2007, 11:44
Dani Sola nice time with R3 Civic. He was 2:29 behind Hirvonen. So far far fastest FWD.

turves
30th November 2007, 11:45
Gronholm upto 2nd overall as of first split, 0.01 ahead of Loeb

Xsara Fan
30th November 2007, 11:48
17 years old Novikov at first start in WRC at SS1 take 7 place in N4...

A.F.F.
30th November 2007, 11:48
Hello all :wave:

Boy, was I surprised when I opened BFG result site and saw that Henning leads over 9 minutes and Stohl is second :eek:

I guess that's not quite accurate...

jonkka
30th November 2007, 11:50
Hello all :wave:

Boy, was I surprised when I opened BFG result site and saw that Henning leads over 9 minutes and Stohl is second :eek:

I guess that's not quite accurate...

What? It's not so? I've having Henning-party and now you tell me it's been for nothing? :eek:

Finni
30th November 2007, 11:50
I am wondering why Sordo is so slow. I thought that he could up his pace because there is no more any responsibilities to the team.

N.O.T
30th November 2007, 11:52
Sordo is in his 2nd year in a wrc car.... Next year he will be much faster...guaranteed

Man of the event is Lindholm....his perfrmce on stages he hasn't done 10.000.000 times before is impressive, nice choice.

A.F.F.
30th November 2007, 11:54
What? It's not so? I've having Henning-party and now you tell me it's been for nothing? :eek:

Yep... ooops. And Halvard just PMd me and asked your address. Sorry guys.

Frozzy
30th November 2007, 11:54
go henning 9 minute lead :D ....... i wish

Finni
30th November 2007, 11:56
Grönholm lost two seconds to Loeb.. Two offs lately may have effect to driving confidence.

A.F.F.
30th November 2007, 11:58
Sordo is in his 2nd year in a wrc car.... Next year he will be much faster...guaranteed

As guaranteed when you said Mikko is never going to get on top, like Latvala :laugh:

dimviii
30th November 2007, 11:59
Lindholm has the same time with M Higgins :p

this team wants pay-drivers :D

pay for what? :confused:

N.O.T
30th November 2007, 11:59
Grönholm lost two seconds to Loeb.. Two offs lately may have effect to driving confidence.

I think he is doing the right thing....Leaving the stage of the WRC with an off will not be ideal.

Brother John
30th November 2007, 12:00

Where?

Magnus
30th November 2007, 12:02
great split from latvala

Tom206wrc
30th November 2007, 12:02
]Dani Sola nice time with R3 Civic. He was 2:29 behind Hirvonen. So far far fastest FWD.

I really would have prefered him to run in the 207 S2000 like in Corsica earlier :(

jonkka
30th November 2007, 12:03
great split from latvala

Yup, he's faster than Loeb and that's what's needed to get past - even though Loeb wouldn't mind.

MartijnS
Finally some decent splits for Petter.

Erki
Where's the hurry for Mikko? :s hock:

Brother John
Lindholm has the same time with M Higgins :p

this team wants pay-drivers

pay for what?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Please bring the Skoda back. :p :

Mirek
30th November 2007, 12:04
N.O.T: Don't You think You judge Lindholm without even any proof that such bad pace is caused by him? The car is slow, that's fact, They had big technical problems on shakedown and stage 1 as well. They started to stage 2 very late. Everything shows the car is not in a good condition but for You it is only Lindholm's mistake. Think before start laughing at any driver...

GigiGalliNo1
30th November 2007, 12:07
Splits please sorry. is Linholm doing poorly? Update me whats going on?

Tom206wrc
30th November 2007, 12:11
Wow Latvala !!! :eek:

dimviii
30th November 2007, 12:12
veeeery gooood photos from best site about rallying and times with pwrc

see Aigner photo :eek:

http://www.ewrc.cz

A.F.F.
30th November 2007, 12:18
OMG :eek:

Wilson jr is not totally lost in his home rally. He is actually remotely competative :up:

Whinlatter
30th November 2007, 12:29
Wilson jr is not totally lost in his home rally. He is actually remotely competative :up:
Quicker than Henning or Atko in SS3 - yes, I'd say that was competitive. :)

Matty will never be another Loeb, but he's still only 20 and is learning all the time - he can be a good WRC driver scoring points regularly in the future. I expect on this rally he will be under no orders to drive for a finish either, so he can go flat out for once.

noel157
30th November 2007, 12:32
Was Pons fighting (inside the car :) ) this morning?

N.O.T
30th November 2007, 12:36
Quicker than Henning or Atko in SS3 - yes, I'd say that was competitive. :)

Matty will never be another Loeb, but he's still only 20 and is learning all the time - he can be a good WRC driver scoring points regularly in the future. I expect on this rally he will be under no orders to drive for a finish either, so he can go flat out for once.

you are very optimistic.....

noel157
30th November 2007, 12:38
Looks lke Lindholm has parked the SX4. Not a great show by a factory team. Shame.

A.F.F.
30th November 2007, 12:41
Looks lke Lindholm has parked the SX4. Not a great show by a factory team. Shame.

I honestly think Suzuki's visit to WRC will be quicker than Nissan's.

N.O.T
30th November 2007, 12:42
Yes i think Lindholm is out.....good for us...with his pace we would need a calendar to time him not a stopwatch