PDA

View Full Version : WRC Greatest Rallyes

Langdale Forest
25th November 2007, 20:28
Did anyone see WRC greatest rallys on ITV4 at 6 pm today?
It is good to see that ITV are putting WRC programmes on non-rally weekends. :)

AndyRAC
26th November 2007, 00:44
I did watch it,BUT I have a slight problem with these programmes; virtually all the footage shown is from the last 3-5 years. It's as if they're trying to airbrush history. Take Rally GB, no mention of it going all over the country, Kielder, Yorkshire, Scotland..;somebody watching that might think it's always been held just in Wales. Though watching it my blood boled when the Safari came on, this should still be in the WRC, it's an absolute disgrace that it's not, shame on everybody!!!

J4MIE
26th November 2007, 03:38
my blood boled when the Safari came on, this should still be in the WRC, it's an absolute disgrace that it's not, shame on everybody!!!

Agreed :up:

Though the FIA seem to be leaning more towards events having a bit of variety, rather than the same couple of stages then looooooong break for lunch then repeat the stages.

Elgin Man
26th November 2007, 07:35
Though watching it my blood boled when the Safari came on, this should still be in the WRC, it's an absolute disgrace that it's not, shame on everybody!!!

Agreed with you there.Totally different event,Bring back the Safari.

cut the b.s.
26th November 2007, 11:12
when the Safari came on, this should still be in the WRC, it's an absolute disgrace that it's not, shame on everybody!!!

Agreed, crazy thats its not.
I can almost understand the way events have all been forced into 3 leg uniformity and reduced milage etc but I think WRC should have 3 or 4 'real' events kept in it. I'd like to see the safari returned and a couple of other events given freedom to be what they were and what rallying was(imagine 5 days of RAC again) these events would be fixtures in a rotating calendar and would score twice as many points to make it worth while to the manus. Ahh well I'll keep dreaming :-)

AndyRAC
26th November 2007, 11:22
Agreed, crazy thats its not.
I can almost understand the way events have all been forced into 3 leg uniformity and reduced milage etc but I think WRC should have 3 or 4 'real' events kept in it. I'd like to see the safari returned and a couple of other events given freedom to be what they were and what rallying was(imagine 5 days of RAC again) these events would be fixtures in a rotating calendar and would score twice as many points to make it worth while to the manus. Ahh well I'll keep dreaming :-)

I agree, I think the 'classics' should be given a certain leeway to be similar to what they used to be like. At the moment all the events are identikit, 3 stages - service - then same 3 stages repeated - end of leg service, mmmm
How interesting is that?? NOT!!!! Imagine Rally GB using all of Wales; Sweetlamb, Hafren, Dyfnant, Myherin, Dyfi, Clocaenog, Alwen, etc