PDA

View Full Version : Galli to join Stobart team in 08?

ste898
23rd November 2007, 19:12
Says in Autosport that Gigi Galli might join the Stobart team in 2008?

That would be great news what I cant understand is the Henning may move to Munchi's team......why cant he have the Exper team in its own right instead of under another name..
If I was the owner of Expert I would be making sure of this!!

Langdale Forest
23rd November 2007, 19:48
why cant he have the Exper team in its own right instead of under another name..

It would cost more for Exper to have there own team (they would have to prepare and service the car) than to sponsor the Stobart team.

If Galli did return to the WRC it would be good because something funny always happens like in Italy last year at the end of a stage.

Karbonyl
23rd November 2007, 20:03
Wasn't there maybe a alf year ago rumour that Stobart is going to interrupt it's sponsorship activities in rally since 2008??

Glee
23rd November 2007, 20:08
Expert Italy has bought 50.000 Henning Solberg branded Ford Focus radio controlled cars (according to Henning's book).

Maybe Exert in Italy tries to do the same as Expert in Norway (witch has been a great success).

Roy
23rd November 2007, 20:20
Wasn't there maybe a alf year ago rumour that Stobart is going to interrupt it's sponsorship activities in rally since 2008??

That was only because a take over of the comany. Stobart Company will decided later this year (all done, not published maybe) to go further with sponsor activities.
As you know what the philosophy of the comany is, I think they stay in rally. Stobart is not only a transport company. They have a huge fanclub. The motorsport sponsorship is part of that.

It will be exiting to see what teams Ford will build. Want they two strong B teams or like this year a sub team and a hobby team.
If they choose for 2 B teams. I choose for Henning and Wilson in Stobart and Galli, Clark and driver X (with co-driver Jorge Perez Companc) for Munchi's. (Luis Perez Companc stops, he is going back to his business.)

We'll see in future what is true of this story.

A.F.F.
23rd November 2007, 21:09
I'd be happy to see Galli in any car :up:

pino
23rd November 2007, 21:29
Can't find anything on Autosport.com but I've found this :

http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/show.php?id=7268

Anyone can translate that....please ? :D

Tomi
23rd November 2007, 21:32
Can't find anything on Autosport.com but I've found this :

http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/show.php?id=7268

Anyone can translate that....please ? :D

It said something about that he likes bananas a lot.

pino
23rd November 2007, 21:47
It said something about that he likes bananas a lot.

Great, he has same taste as you :p :

Tomi
23rd November 2007, 21:49
Great, he has same taste as you :p :

true, i really hope he get the seat, ford need 1 guy who can support the worksguys, the current cant do it.

alleskids
23rd November 2007, 22:09
I only could understand the rumours of Hirvonen and Latvalla (and Al Qassimi) in the BP Castrol Abu Dhabi Ford, Henning and Gigi in the Stobart (Expert) Ford, and Wilson being the lead driver for the Munchi's (and maybe Stobart sponsoring) Ford with Clark and the Argentina's duo sharing the second car.

Roy
23rd November 2007, 22:16
A online translater give me this:

Gigi Galli nigh stipulation to Stobartem
Italian windiness Gigi Galli by měl by all accounts supply Latvalu with Stobartu within flat Fordu. Gigi Galli avowals , that them nigh with finality stipulation with týmem Stobart within start within next roce , under kterém by měl ride with up to date specifications vozu Ford Focus WRC. His mainsail sponzorem I remain Pirelli která bude since next roku exclusive supplier tire sake WRC.

Come in to now vyjasňovat within stances within týmech které pojedou with vozy Ford. WITHIN mill týmu pojede Hirvonen with Latvalou , with Stobartu Henning Solberg plus Galli , with Munchis then Wilson Villagra , Perez Companc plus Barry Clark. Není question , that reversion Gigi Galliho up MS by byl surely winning as well as sake the fancy , plus now věřme , that to Galli with Stobartů find.

Strange: They say here Stobart without Wilson. I don't think so...

Fiorio
24th November 2007, 00:12
GIGI COME BACK!!!!!!!!
:bounce:

ZequeArgentina
24th November 2007, 01:25
If they choose for 2 B teams. I choose for Henning and Wilson in Stobart and Galli, Clark and driver X (with co-driver Jorge Perez Companc) for Munchi's. (Luis Perez Companc stops, he is going back to his business.).

It is not that both Perez Companc will quit.
Luis Perez Companc will go back to bussiness and family (he has 5 children) cause he understand that he has reached the fastest an amateur can reach, and going faster would mean he has to turn proffessional.
So, he will do only 3 rallies: Argentina, Finland and Jordania (or New Zealand).
So we got 7 rallies for someone (Clark may be one).
The other Munchis is 90% sure that will be 10 races for Villagra, with Jorge Perez Companc as co-driver. The only reason he did some rallies in 2007 is to get experience. He has not shown even 50% of his speed. That is his approach.

There is a possibility that Munchis goes for more rounds.
Why not Galli 13 rounds, Perez Companc 3, Villagra 10, and someone 6 rallies?

N.O.T
24th November 2007, 02:00
The only reason he did some rallies in 2007 is to get experience. He has not shown even 50% of his speed. That is his approach.

I really wish this is the truth....and not one of the usual excuses we get from privatees who underperform.

I like the idea of Galli in a stobart focus i think the car is suitable for his skills.

Helstar
24th November 2007, 02:23
Well I was hoping for the Suzuki but a Ford is much much better, one of the most competitive car for sure ... let's cross fingers.

Brother John
24th November 2007, 10:38
I'd be happy to see Galli in any car :up:

Me to, WRC need drivers like Galli. :s mokin:

Brother John
24th November 2007, 10:43
A online translater give me this:
Strange: They say here Stobart without Wilson. I don't think so...

Why not? It does no matter where father Wilson let its child drives a car, it is simply a money question......

alleskids
24th November 2007, 10:54
It is not that both Perez Companc will quit.
There is a possibility that Munchis goes for more rounds.
Why not Galli 13 rounds, Perez Companc 3, Villagra 10, and someone 6 rallies?

I thought that the number 1 driver in the team cannot be changed, only the number 2.

Roy
24th November 2007, 11:27
What you is true for BP-Ford, Citroen and Subaru, but for MT not.

GigiGalliNo1
24th November 2007, 12:25
hahaha bananna's

haha

DonJippo
24th November 2007, 15:46
I thought that the number 1 driver in the team cannot be changed, only the number 2.

In Manufacturer team like BP Ford #1 driver can't be changed but in Manufacturer Team like Munchi's both drivers can be changed.

Roy
24th November 2007, 17:01
What you is true for BP-Ford, Citroen and Subaru, but for MT not.

In Manufacturer team like BP Ford #1 driver can't be changed but in Manufacturer Team like Munchi's both drivers can be changed.

What I want to wrote (I was thinking faster then my figers) was the same DJ wrote.

Roy
24th November 2007, 17:05
Why not? It does no matter where father Wilson let its child drives a car, it is simply a money question......

My thoughts are these:
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=389493&postcount=5

A Brittish driver is more logic for this company.

Martin-MC
24th November 2007, 19:50
Apparently he starts on Monday at Stobarts depot at Crick. Hes booked on an Induction course with 10 other drivers. As part of his rallying deal hes to drive a artic as much as possable working out of Appelton Thorn depot. Hes going on the Tesco contract once hes done his induction training and obtained his class 1 truck licence. Hes also to drive one of the artics as used by the team to and from events!

Mihai
25th November 2007, 01:03
I really wish this is the truth....and not one of the usual excuses we get from privatees who underperform.

"El Coyote" Villagra is not an underperformer. He is the real deal in Argentina and definitely faster than millionare Perez Companc. Just needs to get comfortable with a World Rally Car. I hope he'll get at least half dozen WRC rounds next year.

GigiGalliNo1
25th November 2007, 05:15
As part of his rallying deal hes to drive a artic as much as possable working out of Appelton Thorn depot. Hes going on the Tesco contract once hes done his induction training and obtained his class 1 truck licence. Hes also to drive one of the artics as used by the team to and from events!

What are yu talking about here? :S wattt!?

GigiGalliNo1
25th November 2007, 07:00
i'm getting news not from gigi that he will be with munchi's as stobart are leaving the wrc in 2008? or is that also wrong? i'm confused.

dyfi1
25th November 2007, 09:13
Apparently he starts on Monday at Stobarts depot at Crick. Hes booked on an Induction course with 10 other drivers. As part of his rallying deal hes to drive a artic as much as possable working out of Appelton Thorn depot. Hes going on the Tesco contract once hes done his induction training and obtained his class 1 truck licence. Hes also to drive one of the artics as used by the team to and from events!

LOL. The silly season`s arrived. Gigi Galli driving a Stobart truck? He`ll get a new perspective of `maximum lateness` driving on the M1 motorway! ;)

GigiGalliNo1
25th November 2007, 14:18
So this is what it will look like:

BP-Ford Abu Dhabi WRT
HIRVONEN-LATVALA-GRONHOLM-AL QASSIMI
B Team (expret - stobart are leaving)
H SOLBERG-GALLI
C Team (munchi's)
VILLAGRA-WILSON-CLARK

Gronholm will be contesting near first 6 rallyes next year.

bennizw
25th November 2007, 15:02
And why would Grönholm be contesting the first six events?

GigiGalliNo1
25th November 2007, 15:07
um not sure i was just told this...

bennizw
25th November 2007, 15:16
Hmm. Personally I would like him to continue one more year (If he doesn't get the title this year), so he would have a chance to do it again next year. Nothing I want more, than to see him go out on a high.

GigiGalliNo1
25th November 2007, 15:58
Same I don't want him to continue next year, I believe this year has been great even if he doesn't win the title which i think he will surprise surprise! :p

If he does next year, not sure don't think he'll do well but hope Galli does get a drive. Must speak to him soon.

J4MIE
25th November 2007, 16:17
Think Marcus will do a few selected events next year, Sweden, Finland. No point him doing events that he hates!!

Simmi
25th November 2007, 16:36
Stobart aren't leaving next year. But as we've already seen with Ford it matters little what team you are driving for. If you have the money next year you will get an 07 Focus and M-Sport servicing your car. That's all that matters.

Tomi
25th November 2007, 17:37
Think Marcus will do a few selected events next year, Sweden, Finland. No point him doing events that he hates!!

Will not.

J4MIE
25th November 2007, 18:03
Will not.

So no events then?

Tomi
25th November 2007, 20:53
So no events then?

I understand that they have talked about it with Timo and decided not to compete atleast on WRC level.

Simmi
25th November 2007, 21:19
I imagine the events of Ireland last week will have made the decision easier for them.

Tomi
25th November 2007, 21:29
I imagine the events of Ireland last week will have made the decision easier for them.
It has nothing to do with Ireland, the desition was made a little after they announced they stop after this year, they said it's too danger to go and drive for instance rally Finland after 6 months brake, also what would be the point in the driving, Ford has to think about the whole championship, they would have to wait for Mikko and J-M anyway.

A.F.F.
25th November 2007, 22:04
I understand that they have talked about it with Timo and decided not to compete atleast on WRC level.

Bulvans from Inkoo says different ;)

kolin
27th November 2007, 10:19
That´s Good news

N.O.T
27th November 2007, 13:00
I don't think that Gronholm will continue....it would be stupid...so far he had amazing luck and he is so close in winning the championship from a far superior combination, try to do so will have a makinen effect on him.

pino
27th November 2007, 13:13
Guys, this thread is about Gigi not Marcus ;)

Josti
27th November 2007, 14:20
Any Italian in a good car is welcome, but I'd like to see Bettega take one of the seats in the Stobart outfit.

Galli proved to be fast in any car, so I wouldn't mind to see him replacing Pons at Subaru or something like that. Probably not enough money though...

GigiGalliNo1
27th November 2007, 14:32
probably not a good car... unless we see a big improvement in the 08' Hatch STi

Josti
27th November 2007, 14:38
Well, he even proved to be fast in lesser material. My point is, it would already be a joy to see him back in any car :)

GigiGalliNo1
27th November 2007, 15:23
amen to that! :D

jonkka
27th November 2007, 21:29
Please, no Seitseman Paivaa unsubstantiated rumors please. If you have facts, state them and do name the source. Otherwise, UFOs are real. Someone has seen them.

A.F.F.
27th November 2007, 21:35
Please, no Seitseman Paivaa unsubstantiated rumors please. If you have facts, state them and do name the source. Otherwise, UFOs are real. Someone has seen them.

I can't name my source. He'll kick my ass if I do.

koko0703
29th November 2007, 14:55
Galli proved to be fast in any car, so I wouldn't mind to see him replacing Pons at Subaru or something like that. Probably not enough money though...

That won't happen because Pons brings money to Subaru. So if Galli were to drive Subaru, either he will replace Petter or drive 4th car with some sponsor backup. In the later case, I wouldn't mind seeing Subaru second team with Galli and Pons.

L5->R5/CR
29th November 2007, 15:21
That won't happen because Pons brings money to Subaru. So if Galli were to drive Subaru, either he will replace Petter or drive 4th car with some sponsor backup. In the later case, I wouldn't mind seeing Subaru second team with Galli and Pons.

Maybe Pirelli dollars back into the fold?

Brother John
29th November 2007, 16:06
Maybe Pirelli dollars back into the fold?

Thats the point. Pirelli makes money again in wrc and they can think, it´s nice to see a yellow car with our name on it. ;)

Helstar
29th November 2007, 16:21
Yay, a yellow Pirelli WRC car would be very nice to see again :>

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7663/ss8gigien0.jpg

Tomi
29th November 2007, 16:26
Next year when every driver is on their tyres, what would they need galli for??

Brother John
29th November 2007, 17:03
Next year when every driver is on their tyres, what would they need galli for??

A new banana in wrc! :rotflmao:

GigiGalliNo1
29th November 2007, 23:47
lol

Tom206wrc
30th November 2007, 11:33

So Grönholm and Rautiäinen in a 207 S2000 on IRC08 may be a possibility ?? :p :

Tomi
30th November 2007, 12:49
So Grönholm and Rautiäinen in a 207 S2000 on IRC08 may be a possibility ?? :p :

lol, what is irc, somekind of pc chat stuff ?

GigiGalliNo1
30th November 2007, 14:35
lol

i still have to speak to gigi... but i cannot get in touch with him, anyone spotted him in GB doing recce?

bennizw
30th November 2007, 16:26
Most sincerly Intercontinental rally challenge?

alleskids
30th November 2007, 17:06
You are probarly right :)

http://www.ircseries.com/html/