PDA

View Full Version : One corner or track you could change...

zoostation
6th January 2007, 14:15
if you could alter one corner/section of a modern f1 track (in any way, maybe as it used to be in years gone by for example) what would you change?

i would be tempted to have back old hockenheim hehe. or more realistically, alter monza to a degree?

syameese
7th January 2007, 09:58
Tamburello as it was until after Senna's accident.

Allyc85
7th January 2007, 13:48
could be controversial but id tighten Eau Rouge a bit so its not easy flat for F1 cars.

schmenke
8th January 2007, 17:57
1) Get rid of that ridiculous chicane on the back straight at Monza. Not sure what it's called, but it's the one that leads into the long straight just before the Parabolica.

2) Bring back the old Hockenheim.

ShiftingGears
9th January 2007, 03:00
^The Ascari Chicane? Personally I'd want to get rid of the chicane before the Curva Grande, put some challenge back in it. Actually, I'd get rid of all the chicanes at Monza.

Also, the original Spa-Francorchamps. I'd love to see the cars rocket through the Masta Kink.

I'd also put some banking or some relatively large elevation changes on Bahrain or another Tilke track, or would that make it too much like Turkey?

It'd be interesting if there was a large banking on the final turn of the Sepang circuit.

cosmicpanda
9th January 2007, 03:21
Also, the original Spa-Francorchamps. I'd love to see the cars rocket through the Masta Kink.

I'd love to see the drivers survive the race, as well. :p :

Me, I'd take the second chicane out of Magny-Cours, or eliminate the double hairpin at Indy.

Ranger
9th January 2007, 14:01
Make Indy less "Mickey mouse" - get rid of all the useless corners in the infield that are just there to spice up the dull terrain. Hopefully that would mean passing.

Unfortunately you can't really fix Magny-Cours but if there were some details that'd improve passing that'd be done with me.

Get rid of half the chicanes at Monza I reckon.

Get rid of that dicky little chicane leading into the back complex at Fuji, can't say I like that (or the circuit in general).

Hockenheim loop would be nice to have, but nowadays I suppose you can't have everything.

Turn 1 at Catalunya turned into a hairpin after extending the straight would be nice - may see overtaking there finally.

Albert Park, Circuit GV, Istanbul, Interlagos, Monaco, Silverstone are all fine. Bit iffy about Shanghai, Bahrain, Hungaroring and the Nurburgring though.

Turkey is a great track, but I do wish they would put something into the bare infield, coz it still looks like a construction yard and isn't very picturesque.

schmenke
9th January 2007, 16:15
...It'd be interesting if there was a large banking on the final turn of the Sepang circuit.

Indeed it would but that would defeat the purpose of having it as a hard braking zone which encourages overtaking.

cosmicpanda
10th January 2007, 08:58
Turn 1 at Catalunya turned into a hairpin after extending the straight would be nice - may see overtaking there finally. .

There will probably be more overtaking there, they've tightened the second to last corner which will hopefully allow cars to follow closely on the straight.

jens
10th January 2007, 16:33
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1535/imola20157aj.gif

Such an Imola would be great. :D

Full throttle from Rivazza to Tosa. Acque Minerale is a lot faster and no chicane at Variante Alta. And the second Rivazza is faster. So almost two full throttle sections (with slight braking only at Piratella and Acque Minerale) and two hard-breaking areas. Only problem being that due to the river long enough safety areas can't be built. :p :

zoostation
10th January 2007, 20:22
cool track map ^^^ =]

why cant more modern tracks have good large run off areas for safety, but still be fast and demanding?

Dazz9908
11th January 2007, 01:34
Mexico, the final turn, a 180 degree turn after and leading on to long straights.
Japan 130R really cool.

ClarkFan
13th January 2007, 03:26
This one is easy - bring back the Nordschleife and use the current "Nurburgring" as a car park and garbage dump!

ClarkFan

Allyc85
13th January 2007, 14:35
^sounds good to me lol

Allyc85
13th January 2007, 14:35
btw has a modern F1 car ever gone around the Nordscheife?

xtlm
2nd February 2007, 07:00
Somehow add another corner or 2 of indy, to the american race.

futuretiger9
3rd February 2007, 20:26
I'd bring back the old Hockenheim too. It may not have placed that much emphasis on driver skill, but it stood out due to its layout and blinding speeds.

I know it won't happen, but how about removing all the chicanes from Monza, and going back to the crazy slipstreamers of 1966-1971?. What average speed would a modern F1 car do on the "old" Monza, in qualifying trim? It's frightening to think.

Brown, Jon Brow
5th February 2007, 15:01
I think that F1's round at Indy should be the Indy500. Running on the full oval.

schmenke
5th February 2007, 22:22
I think that F1's round at Indy should be the Indy500. Running on the full oval.

I can't imagine that on anything other than full slicks :eek:

futuretiger9
5th February 2007, 22:38
How fast do you reckon an F1 car would lap the full Indy oval?