PDA

View Full Version : Aussie to drive trucks in nascar? Rick Kelly??

tassiedevilAB
20th November 2007, 05:00
this article from an aussie racing mag, & ALSO SAYS THAT JTG FORMALLY WOOD BROS. (news to me? ) are having a test team & the ex SBR (Ambrose's championship team ) that enough info you will have to read it on pages 5 & 37 very interesting, just turn the pages like a normal book down the bottom click on the page #'s

http://enews.mnews.com.au/

Ichibrothers
20th November 2007, 19:58
What's the attraction for Aussie drivers to race NASCAR? I would rate the V8 Supercar series as one of the world's top series. Why leave that to race ovals in the US? They are, of course, more than welcome to come. Cannot complain about having more world-class drivers racing here. Glad to have Ambrose here. He is a great talent and seems to be an all around good guy. Looking forward to seeing what he can accomplish!!!

mercury8
20th November 2007, 20:21
With a nickname like Wreck Kelly he should fit right in. :p :

Erki
20th November 2007, 20:35
More like Owen Kelly. He said in an interview that he had had a few races in the US already (Late Models, Hooters Cup, some other thang?), I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. He also co-drove an FPR Ford Falcon at Bathurst, Rickk would be doubtful just because he's a Holden(GM) driver.

tassiedevilAB
20th November 2007, 21:45
More like Owen Kelly. He said in an interview that he had had a few races in the US already (Late Models, Hooters Cup, some other thang?), I wouldn't be surprised if it was him. He also co-drove an FPR Ford Falcon at Bathurst, Rickk would be doubtful just because he's a Holden(GM) driver.

Interesting observation there Erki, but our media couldn't get the faces & names wrong could they, It is "wrecksters" Kelly's face & name in the article
not Owen Kelly, but i do remember him saying that he has done some races over there & was looking into going over to have a go at ATLNTIC or CHAMCARS. if any opportunities came along.

These rumours a changing every day & we will have to sort out the good with the bad.
haveagooday mate.