PDA

View Full Version : V8 Supercars

PDS
6th December 2006, 00:03
Seperated by just 7 points for the Championship. The last race of the season is this weekend Dec 8-10. It's Ford v Holden.

Who's your money on? The favorite seems to be Lowndes!

Cozzie
6th December 2006, 00:25
Kelly All The Way!!!

ozrevhead
6th December 2006, 01:07
Money is on Lowndes but...

GO RICK!

BT 96
6th December 2006, 01:10
Lowndes is your man he has the car the team.and they have the diver

nik
6th December 2006, 01:18
I'm a Holden man, so Rick Kelly!

raybak
6th December 2006, 11:12
Go Lowndes. Would love to see him win, also a Ford win is good.

Ray

Northern Monkey
6th December 2006, 13:29
Seperated by just 7 points for the Championship. The last race of the season is this weekend Dec 8-10. It's Ford v Holden.

Who's your money on? The favorite seems to be Lowndes!

Or 'Lnowdes' as his new colour scheme for the weekend shows!

bt52b
7th December 2006, 12:22
To mega podacast previews on 'V8Insiders' on v8x[1] and 'Panelbeaters' on v8supercar[2].

The 'Panelbeaters' will be broadcast live [3] Friday 8th December at 6pm Sydney time (GMT +11).

Both well worth a listen.

Gabriel

[1]
http://v8x.com.au

podcast url:
http://www.sportradio.com.au/V8I.xml

[2]
http://www.v8supercar.com.au

podcast url:
http://www.v8supercar.com.au/content/panelbeaters_podcast/podcast.xml

[3]
panelbeaters broadband:
http://bigpondguide.com/V002_3_

Ranger
8th December 2006, 06:23
Want Craig to win.

bt52b
8th December 2006, 13:14
Want Craig to win.

Both of them would need to get a hurry on, Rick 13th & Craig 14th after practice! Brightie & GT are looking strong again.

Gabriel

thompson_fan
8th December 2006, 14:34
I'm banking on Lowndes to win. He's proven he can win races unlike Rick Kelly.

PDS
9th December 2006, 20:44
Or 'Lnowdes' as his new colour scheme for the weekend shows!

What is reason for the spelling of LNOWDES?

thompson_fan
9th December 2006, 21:57
It's a tie in with Vodafone's "Now" promotion.

PDS
9th December 2006, 21:59
It's a tie in with Vodafone's "Now" promotion.

Yep.. I can see the connection!

nik
10th December 2006, 02:32
Race 2

1 22 Holden Racing Team Todd Kelly Holden Commodore VZ 32 52:49.3663 5 1:36.1481
2 5 Ford Performance Racing Mark Winterbottom Ford Falcon BA 32 52:55.5314 9 1:36.0653
3 888 Triple Eight Race Engineering Craig Lowndes Ford Falcon BA 32 53:03.2592 5 1:36.5391
4 15 Toll HSV Dealer Team Rick Kelly Holden Commodore VZ 32 53:05.1079 4 1:36.3996
5 7 Jack Daniel's Racing Steven Richards Holden Commodore VZ 32 53:06.2734 10 1:36.8098
6 2 Holden Racing Team Mark Skaife Holden Commodore VZ 32 53:06.6135 10 1:37.1503
7 18 APVC Racing Will Davison Ford Falcon BA 32 53:06.9358 12 1:36.8259
8 6 Ford Performance Racing Jason Bright Ford Falcon BA 32 53:14.4239 8 1:36.2562
9 88 Triple Eight Race Engineering Jamie Whincup Ford Falcon BA 32 53:14.5843 11 1:36.7328
10 50 Supercheap Auto Racing Cameron McConville Holden Commodore VZ 32 53:16.5073 4 1:37.1655

That puts them almost level on points!

thompson_fan
10th December 2006, 07:57
Well it's official Crash Banicoot aka Rick Kelly is the champion. However only after he spun Lowndes at the start of Race 3.

I for one am hoping that the appeal that Triple 8 put in about the way Kelly took Lowndes out gets the little arse DQ'd from Race 3's results.

Dazz9908
10th December 2006, 09:24
Well it's official Crash Banicoot aka Rick Kelly is the champion. However only after he spun Lowndes at the start of Race 3.

I for one am hoping that the appeal that Triple 8 put in about the way Kelly took Lowndes out gets the little arse DQ'd from Race 3's results.

Agreed all the way.
There was no way Rick could have passed Craig.
And How did they catch Todd so quick, he pulled well away.
Me thinks something fishy there.
Hold play dirty tricks all weekend.
Rick is No champion or does he deserve it. He had a good car but racked up consistent drives but nothing great, Garth in the sister car was way the better driver, same to be said about Todd and Lowndes. But Rick, He's crap and next year will prove that.
May Sanity pro-vale, Dirty Driving Like Rick and Schumi have no place in Motor Sport. Craig Could have taken Rick out several time but it's not in him, obvious Like is more of a BArstarD racer. BArstarD races get theirs in the end.

venturi
10th December 2006, 10:25
A disgraceful performance from Rick Kelly and the HSV team .

The blocking from Tander in race two was clearly deserving of a black flag , and then to follow it up in race three with the shameful incident knocking out his title rival to win the championship is not the way you want to do it .

Lets hope the appeal by Triple 8 will restore some credibility to the v8's and show Lowndes as the true CHAMPION of 2006 .

Rat
10th December 2006, 11:32
At least some justice was done by Rick, he took out his brother as well! After seeing the antics by HSV/HRT in the 3rd race, I just sort of tuned out for the rest of the race. I didn't see the podium crap either.

Marshall
10th December 2006, 12:43
I could not believe what happened...I didn't really mind who took the championship until that point but now I know who I think deserves it. As soon as I saw the damage to Craig's car, I turned the TV off and forgot about it. I was expecting a good, fair, clean motor race. Well done to Mark Winterbottom, though.

Rollo
10th December 2006, 13:29
I think that the "tactics" employed by The Kelly Gang are pretty deplorable. I suppose at this point we can only wait for the team of angry midgets that is CAMS to go and fight this lot out.

nik
10th December 2006, 16:14
As long as Holden won. :D

I'm sorry, but Lowndes is no saint either.

bt52b
10th December 2006, 16:26

That rallyx with Skaifey was nuts. Did GT really desreved the black flag?

Haven't seen the race yet but the clip on [1] didn't look so bad... if anyone deserved the championship its GT.

Kelly copied Rusty's strategy, decided that fifth or better on every round was the way to win. Sad thing is the fcuked points system rewarded that. I think according to the new system GT would be the champ, so roll on 2007.

Gabriel

[1]
http://bigpondguide.com/V002_3_

thompson_fan
10th December 2006, 17:30

I agree Lowndes isn't a Saint. But Prick Kelly's antics in that race and others a few seasons back shouldn't be tolerated. Remember Surfers Paradise when he rammed Bright into the wall.

@ bt52b Ingall may have been consistant last year but he did win Races and Rounds. Kelly has 1 Race win to his name this year and it was gifted to him by Tander and his brother.

Now despite being a Ford fan i wouldn't have minded Rick winnnig had he done it fairly. In any other series he'd have ben DQ'd on the spot for that crap he pulled.

Stalks
10th December 2006, 20:20
Rallying is my chosen sport, but occasionally watch the V8's, and mostly enjoy it too. So when the final was going to be so close, it was a 'must watch'. But after watching the 2nd race at the island it was pretty obvious the tactics that were going on. Tander was blatantly slowing Lowndes down, and Kelly was still struggling to keep up. That much was obvious by the fact that when Tander served his drive through, Lowndes pulled away from Kelly in the last 3 or 4 laps.
It was a shame Tander had to do that, and the weak excuse of having fuel pressure problems only exiting corners doesn't rally make that much sense either.
I really expected a fair fight, but when I saw what went on in the last race I turned the telly off and walked away. In some ways it didn't surprise me, because I thought from the previous race it was obvious that Kelly didn't have the pace, so he really needed need help from someone else to slow Lowndes up, but I didn't expect that.....
I really have no affiliation with Holden or Ford, or Lowndes or Kelly, just enjoy watching the racing. Now I'm not so sure. Sad end to a climatic weekend, and probably not that good for the championship's profile.

It just goes to remind me why I prefer rallying, it's one man against the clock at a time, no one else can take you out of the action....

Rollo
10th December 2006, 20:47
Kelly copied Rusty's strategy, decided that fifth or better on every round was the way to win. Sad thing is the fcuked points system rewarded that. I think according to the new system GT would be the champ, so roll on 2007.

Do you score 157 or 278 points for taking the team transporter through the McDonald's Drive-Thru? How is that extra 36 bonus points allocated, do you actually need to buy a spanner and a stick of celery or is that just a vested threat?

The points in the V8SC are impossible to follow for the regular race fan. The casual observer must be completely and hoplessly lost.

The FIA has the right idea in 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Though I'd be inclined to add a multiplier for certain events.

Dazz9908
11th December 2006, 00:04
Lowndsey did all by himself Rick needed help and that planned move to punt Craig in to todd was well over the top.
Shame on Cams TEGA Holden and the Kelly boys for doing this or allowing this to go down this way.
No Sport In V8SuperCars.
Despicable display of letting a Holden win at All costs.
I was a holden fan, but NO MORE. may Rick Kelly follow Ned to the hang mans rope!

bt52b
11th December 2006, 00:17
Do you score 157 or 278 points for taking the team transporter through the McDonald's Drive-Thru? How is that extra 36 bonus points allocated, do you actually need to buy a spanner and a stick of celery or is that just a vested threat?

The FIA has the right idea in 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Though I'd be inclined to add a multiplier for certain events.

Double Quarter + Milkshake = 36 points:-)

The FIA system is wrong. It encourages people to cruise for second instead of pushing for the win. Victories are not properly reward like the used to be.

V8 Supercars old system [1] is to be replaced with a simpler MotoGP style points system. Some argue that the MotoGP points systems is the best?

The system will encourage drivers to pass and break into the top 15, and there are no dropped scores.

2007 points system:
Single Race
72 60 51 45 39 36 33 30 27 24 18 15 12 9 6

Two Race
36 30 25 22 20 18 16 15 13 12 9 8 6 5 3
36 30 25 22 20 18 16 15 13 12 9 8 6 5 3

Three Race
24 20 17 15 13 12 11 10 9 8 6 5 4 3 2

Qualifying in 2007 will be similar to F1.

By far the biggest change will be the TREC (total expenditure cap) which implements a salary-cap bombshell that could slash the budgets of the top teams by almost 50 per cent next year — and cut again in 2008!

Gabriel

[1]
http://www.v8supercar.com.au/content/attachments/techtalk/2006/champ_points_system/default.asp

[2]
http://www.v8x.com.au/cms/A_107389/article.html

[3]
http://www.theage.com.au/news/motorsport/v8-officials-put-a-brake-on-spending/2006/12/09/1165081202372.html

Speedworx
11th December 2006, 00:33
Hopefully the stewards will correct this major injustice!

Rick should be stripped of the title for this. Its not the way to win a title (looks at Michael Schumacher)

bt52b
11th December 2006, 01:40
Inside Motor Sport Phillip Island Wrap Up (3.5mb)
http://www.sportradio.com.au/audio/ims/2006/ims061210.mp3

http://www.sportradio.com.au/

ShiftingGears
11th December 2006, 07:37
I don't think Tander deserved the drive-though penalty in race two. If he was struggling with tyres there wasn't much he could do about it. As Leigh and Neil were discussing, something has to be changed in the rules about what constitutes bad sportsmanship. I was half expecting some kind of controversy because noone wants to lose the championship in the final round, and theres not many chances to overtake cleanly in the V8s at Phillip Island.

Anyone know when the result of the championship will be decided? Because 888 were lodging an appeal and I'm interested to know. Toll HSV will probably argue that Craig was blocking. I wouldn't like to decide the outcome of that.

I'd also be interested in seeing the race 3 incident again, but it seems theres no footage of it on the net at the moment.

Ranger
11th December 2006, 07:48
I was... disappointed... when I saw that Rick had ended Craig's race and title shot, after such a brilliant weekend of racing.

I pretty much knew there and then that Rick would be champion, as beneficiaries of such title-deciding collisions have never in recent history been punished to the effect that they would lose their title (Think F1 in '89, '90, '94).

We all know that the FIA and the V8SC Governing body are both very different, but Rick did serve the drive through for that accident so he has already been penalised.

He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would go out there to purposefully do that, so it would take a large degree of balls to make the decision to strip him of the title that he did win - and, to many people, deserved.

Truth is, the balls to turn over the title just isn't there.

Or, rather, the willingness to change isn't there.

raybak
11th December 2006, 09:52
This from the V8 site today.

V8 Supercar race stewards will meet with provisional championship winner Rick Kelly and rival driver Craig Lowndes in Melbourne from midday today to decide who will be named the official champion.

Championship runner-up Lowndes has protested after an incident in yesterday's final race at the season-ending Phillip Island meeting in Victoria.

Kelly's Holden came into contact with Lowndes' Ford from behind early in the 31-lap race, forced Lowndes' car into a spin before it was then hit by another car.

Kelly recovered to finish in 18th position, enough to put him on the top of the overall championship standings.

Lowndes' Ford was extensively damaged and he limped home in 29th place.

bt52b
11th December 2006, 10:15
Holden's Rick Kelly will retain the 2006 V8 Supercar Championship after an appeal by his Ford rival Craig Lowndes was dismissed at a hearing in Melbourne this afternoon.

Kelly collided with Lowndes during the final round of the season at Philip Island on Sunday, forcing Lowndes off the track.

The Holden driver recovered to finish in 18th position, enough to put him on the top of the overall championship standings.

Lowndes' Ford was extensively damaged and he limped home in 29th place.

Kelly was penalised during the race but Lowndes' team protested, saying the penalty was too lenient.

Kelly said it was not an ideal way to finish the championship.

"We would have loved to have raced Craig to the line because I think the team gave us a fantastic car on the day that was capable of winning," he said.

"Ideally me and Craig should head down to the Island lane later this week and sort it out for ourselves but unfortunately it's not to be. We just need to accept that and look at winning it a better way next year."

However, Kelly said he was was thrilled with the hearing's decision.

"It's been a long year for us and one that we've put a lot of effort into all year and we've got great results," he said.

Lowndes finished second to Kelly in the championship standings while Mark Winterbottom claimed third position.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200612/s1809177.htm

NinjaMaster
11th December 2006, 10:18
I (like everyone else) was disappointed that the championship finished amid controversy. Unfortunately, I reckon the incident itself has been blown way out of proportion. From where I sit, contact was minor and Rick can't be held to blame for the later contact. I think he got just punishment for the mistake that he made, it's just a shame about the timing.

XR8
11th December 2006, 11:39
This sets a dangerous precedentthat you can win a title by turning your closest rival around. This is not good for the sport!

raybak
11th December 2006, 12:07
It's a bad way to win the championship, I will alwasy see Lowndes as the real winner, he actually won some rounds!!!

Ray

Rollo
11th December 2006, 12:50
I say watch for the shuffles of drivers next year so that the number 1 & 2 plates appear on the HRT cars. Since they've proved in the past that they can do it mid-year, at the end of the year is pretty damn simple.

What might be interesting are the plates on 888's cars next year. They may even be tempted to take the **** out of the HRT by running a car numbered 111.

thompson_fan
11th December 2006, 14:27
Hopefully the stewards will correct this major injustice!

Rick should be stripped of the title for this. Its not the way to win a title (looks at Michael Schumacher)

They didn't. The offical review was today and they have stated that Rick Kelly was not at fault and that he keeps the title.

Personally i'm disgusted with the officials in V8 Supercars (and i have been for a number of seasons).

Mind you every single driver next season will be after the little Prick and i hope that someone can do to him what he's been dishing out for the last very seasons.

nik
11th December 2006, 16:46
With everyone talking about this accident, i'll take 5 minutes to congratulate both Craig and Rick in making a great championship. Just think, 30 odd races, thousands of points distributed and going into the last race level on points is very rare.
Great championship! :up:

Rollo
11th December 2006, 20:40
The Touring Car Championship is just the warm-up for Bathurst. The only thing it does is let you put number 1 on the door. It didn't matter to me one bit as I won four and still only cared about bathurst.
- Dick Johnson - ABC Radio

racer69
12th December 2006, 05:47
Amen!

Schultz
12th December 2006, 09:30
Bloody disappointing result. I missed the round unfortunately as I was out, but to see that really must hurt the sport. I went in not knowing who to go for. I am an avid Holden fan through and through, but Lowndes is also my favourite character in the series. I have met the guy, and he was very easy to talk to and all smiles despite a poor result at the Sandown race I was at. I thought I would have been happy with either result, but no, not this one.

Rick Kelly has now become one of my most disliked drivers. From what I have seen he has taken little blame for the consequences of his actions, which leads me to believe there was an element of intent in this collision. The idea that this was a genuinely purposeful ramming by Kelly will cast a dark shadow over Rick Kelly's career in much the same way that it has done to Schumacher's career.

100%hondafan
12th December 2006, 12:19
disapointed at the result really wanted to see them go at it for the hole race for the champinochip not just ram each other

Lowndes deserevd the tittle aswell.

racer69
12th December 2006, 18:41
The Touring Car Championship is just the warm-up for Bathurst. The only thing it does is let you put number 1 on the door. It didn't matter to me one bit as I won four and still only cared about bathurst.
- Dick Johnson - ABC Radio

Dick really doesn't care about his ATCC titles, he can't even remember how many he won! He's a 5 time winner, not 4 :)

Cozzie
13th December 2006, 00:19
Rick Kelly deserved to win the championship and I expect it to be the first of at least 5!!! What a legend!

Dazz9908
13th December 2006, 00:26
Rick Kelly deserved to win the championship and I expect it to be the first of at least 5!!! What a legend!
Sorry to this agree with this Cozzie.

Rick only one race this year and didn't one around this year/ ever.
He has still has to many question marks over him as Mark of a Champion. He's the first in Australian Touring car history to win in such a controversial way.
He will be on the back foot next year to prove his worthiness.

He's Gone down I the history books, for the wrong reasons. Even many die hard Holden fans, think his action were uncalled fall and un-Champion like.

He's got a lot to do to throw off the the Cheat Handle.

bt52b
13th December 2006, 01:16
As a Holden fan it pains me to this post this link, but its brilliant :D :D :D :D :D
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9879/rickthecheatmp9.jpg

Captain VXR
13th December 2006, 20:49
Cool

PDS
13th December 2006, 21:02
As a Holden fan it pains me to this post this link, but its brilliant :D :D :D :D :D
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9879/rickthecheatmp9.jpg
Very well done! I like it!

As a supporter of the V8 Supercars, funnily enough I was watching my copy of the 2003 championship the other night. The final round of the championship finished almost exactly the same way. Except this time it was the Holden of Skaife that was pushed off out of the championship by a Ford! Can't remember who!

What goes around, comes around!

racer69
14th December 2006, 08:15
It was a completely different scenario though in 2003, Skaife's (and really Murphy's as well) chance at the title at the last round was only really mathematical, and as Ambrose dominated that weekend with no one looking like getting close to him, it's hardly a similiar thing to last weekend.

Shovtel
16th December 2006, 00:03
Did anyone actually watch channel 10's broadcast?
Before the start of race 3, Neil Crompton was saying that he was personally talking to Tom Walkinshaw (spelling). Neil went onto say that Tom said that for Rick to be champion, he has to make sure he has the race of his life etc... that to be a champion you have to go the extra mile etc... He then went on to say that Tom told Rick that your car isnt going to be used next year, that Rick will be getting the new VE to race in etc... so either win the race or at least go out in style but at the end of the day DONT WORRY ABOUT CRASHING IT CAUSE IT JUST AINT GOING TO BE USED AGAIN. This to me is a clear indication that the HRT/Holden race teams had clearly been in cahooths with each other to make sure that no matter what, every holden race driver that lowdnes came into play with did their utmost to ruin his race.

Rick Kelly, I think your kidding yourself if you think you EVER had a car/ability to win that race let alone any other races in the year...

Im the biggest holden fan ever, but I can promise you that even thou i will never ever be a ford fan, I will never root for a HRT car again... I sure as hell hope that soon they will introduce a 3rd manufacturer into the series cause i just aint going to be rooting for holden the way I have in the past.

To the person who posted that lowdnes should have 111 on the side of his car - great thinking!!!!!

Lets hope thatin the years to come the race stewards look at whats happened here and use it as an example of how not to steward.

I think at the end of the day Craig was right in what he said after the gold coast... that the stewards want a holden to win this year.

End of rant.

ian959
16th December 2006, 10:54
Surfers was where Lowndes lost the championship - and not because of the stewards. The regs regarding chicanes are very clear - you cut the chicane, you cede your place to the car behind you. The drive through penalty is imposed by the IPO if you don't do this. That's what Lowndes copped. His rant after the race was unwarranted and incorrect.

As for the Holden teams being in cahoots, well they made this blindingly obvious at Surfers too. It was openly discussed in pit lane after the last V8 race there. It was well known that the HRT/HSV teams would be doing anything they could to aid a championship win for Rick Kelly. Tander got a little too blatant at Philip Island and copped the consistently applied penalty for blocking as a result.

If Lowndes and the Ford fans want to apportion "blame", look no further than the poor results at Surfers and Symmons Plains. Had Lowndes had "normal" results at both, the issues at Philip Island would have been irrelevant as he would have had the championship pretty well sewn up.

The stewards by the way could not give a stuff who wins a race or a championship - in fact when ever a steward hears a charge or a protest, the last thing in their mind is what effect it has on a championship or race result. The Stewards did their job correctly with respect of Race 3 at Philip Island. Rick Kelly copped the standard drive through penalty for contact with Craig Lowndes (although the video evidence was not conclusive that the contact was deliberate) and that is where the matter was dealt with. The Stewards then deliberated over a protest from an aggrieved competitor and (presumably) could find no substantive evidence to suggest that the penalty applied was incorrect or insufficient.

The rules as set down by V8 Supercars were applied in accordance with the manual, the IPO did his job correctly, the Stewards did their job correctly - end of story.

thompson_fan
16th December 2006, 11:28
Surfers was where Lowndes lost the championship - and not because of the stewards. The regs regarding chicanes are very clear - you cut the chicane, you cede your place to the car behind you. The drive through penalty is imposed by the IPO if you don't do this. That's what Lowndes copped. His rant after the race was unwarranted and incorrect.

As for the Holden teams being in cahoots, well they made this blindingly obvious at Surfers too. It was openly discussed in pit lane after the last V8 race there. It was well known that the HRT/HSV teams would be doing anything they could to aid a championship win for Rick Kelly. Tander got a little too blatant at Philip Island and copped the consistently applied penalty for blocking as a result.

If Lowndes and the Ford fans want to apportion "blame", look no further than the poor results at Surfers and Symmons Plains. Had Lowndes had "normal" results at both, the issues at Philip Island would have been irrelevant as he would have had the championship pretty well sewn up.

The stewards by the way could not give a stuff who wins a race or a championship - in fact when ever a steward hears a charge or a protest, the last thing in their mind is what effect it has on a championship or race result. The Stewards did their job correctly with respect of Race 3 at Philip Island. Rick Kelly copped the standard drive through penalty for contact with Craig Lowndes (although the video evidence was not conclusive that the contact was deliberate) and that is where the matter was dealt with. The Stewards then deliberated over a protest from an aggrieved competitor and (presumably) could find no substantive evidence to suggest that the penalty applied was incorrect or insufficient.

The rules as set down by V8 Supercars were applied in accordance with the manual, the IPO did his job correctly, the Stewards did their job correctly - end of story.

So i guess you work for the main governing body of V8 Supercars then? Couse that's basically the same BS they've been telling race fans for years.

In reguards to HRT/HSV making it clear at Surfers that they were working together your wrong there. They made that point blatantly clear before Sandown In no other series in the world can 2 teams swap drivers for 2 races only and then swap them back.

Shovtel
16th December 2006, 12:42

the rules say you will cop a penalty if you don't readdress the issue, craig did readdress the chicane issue with ingal yet he still got one... what's even more interesting is later on in the race, a holden crossed the white line coming out of the pits which is against the rules... where's the drive through for that?? they must have missed that one huh? woops!
since when does being in cahoots meAn taking out ur main competitor schumacher style?
at the end of the day, like I said, kelly and santas little helpers poor form have destroyed holdens good will and integrity... those races were jUst a joke.

racer69
16th December 2006, 17:43
In no other series in the world can 2 teams swap drivers for 2 races only and then swap them back.

It has happened plenty of times over the years overseas, particularly back in the days of the ETCC and inaugural WTCC.

I don't know of any rule that bans the practice of changing teams, nor how you would police it

thompson_fan
17th December 2006, 09:43
Even so. Had Ford thrown it's two top contenders for the V8 crown from different Ford teams into the same car for the 2 Enduro's the V8 Governing Body would have thrown the book at them.

But because it involved "The Golden Child" Mark Skaife's team and Tom Walkinshaw it went un-punished.

bt52b
22nd April 2007, 21:46
Well worth subscribing to vmagazine.com.au. Bit like RedBulletin. PM me if you can't access the latest one.

bt52b
1st May 2007, 13:10
Latest issuse of mnews.com.au suggests that Carlin are buying DJR, starting with a 25% share.

tin-top fan
1st May 2007, 13:17
Is that the single seater team from over here in the UK?

bt52b
1st May 2007, 13:40
Is that the single seater team from over here in the UK?
Yes. You can read it here:
http://enews.mnews.com.au/

v8supercar1
15th July 2010, 17:25
Rick’s seriously a crap. He did all dirty driving and does not deserves to be in the Motor Sport. He himself will prove this next year.

v8supercar1
15th July 2010, 20:03
Rick’s seriously a crap. He did all dirty driving and does not deserves to be in the Motor Sport. He himself will prove this next year.

MrMetro
24th September 2010, 13:07
bump

wedge
28th September 2010, 15:59
Sad, isn't it?

http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138535