muggle not
19th November 2007, 03:30
Rate the season on a scale of 1 to 10.

Jonesi
19th November 2007, 05:51
About an 8.

RaceFanStan
20th November 2007, 14:40
I was really dissapointed with NASCAR on the tracks at times this year ...
I'll rate the 2007 overall NASCAR season a 6 ...
(definately NOT the best season for NASCAR) :s
(2007 Nextel Cup Series season = 3)
(2007 Busch Series season = 6)
(2007 Truck Series season = 9)

(BTW, I rate the Chase a big fat 0) http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

harvick#1
20th November 2007, 15:17
Daytona was the only high point, I even say the Nextel series was a 1. the way Nascar is controlling the caution is really getting pathetic.

I still remember DW every questioning Nascar's debris cautions. The trucks were awesome with the battle between Hornaday and Skinner. too bad I never got to watch one race of it though :(

Ichibrothers
20th November 2007, 20:18
Argh....tough call.

Cup...maybe high 6 low 7?
-COT....blah
-Top 35...HATE it!
-Yellow for a single car spin on the back stretch with no other cars in the vacinity? Please! Just a joke, the number of yellows for insignificant stuff!

Busch...6

Trucks....9+
-Great year!
-Just about every race I saw was very entertaining!
-Great title fight!

Concerned for what is upcoming. It was not broke before, but NASCAR made significant changes to "grow" the sport. Now that it may have cooled off...as far as being a new fad for people with the attention span of gnats...what radical changes are on the way to "maintain" the sport?

call_me_andrew
20th November 2007, 22:06
6-6.5 tops.

Sparky1329
20th November 2007, 22:15
I'll give it a 5. Mediocre. The Chase and the COT get big goose eggs.

muggle not
21st November 2007, 00:10
I will rate the Season:

Cup = 5.5

Busch = 6

Truck = 8

I am glad the season is over. I was getting tired of watching Nascar.

eastlmark
21st November 2007, 19:48
Been watching Nascar now for 10 years or so and this was the first season I admit I got bored, as for the chase...... paint drying better entertainment than 2 Hendrick teammates "battling" it out. Cant see it getting any better with Jnr going there either. Thank god for Clint Bower.

Galveston dunes
23rd November 2007, 14:48
It appears I'm in the same area as the majority of the posters. I think the system as a whole rates a low 6or a high 5. There just seems to me to be too much stoppage,the green white checkered has become a way to dictate the finale of the races. more over the commentating has become borrish and mundian. The cot has too much emphasis on it and the racce for the chase needs some modafications as well.
Maybe next year some wrinkles will get ironed out nad I'm not going to give up on the viewing but This year to me has been a big dissapointment.
Not because of the outcome either Sorrily I feel both Johnson and Gordon deserved to be head to head at the end but way too much drama and team trading made for a season of turmoil.
I do wish to offer my congrats to Boywer and Harvick.
Of course these are just my opinions and should not reflect any professional stand point nor the words of a knowledgable nascar official.

colinspooky
24th November 2007, 09:47
Maybe because I am a relative newb to seeing so many races now - but I really enjoyed it - couldn't wait for my weekly Thursday nights with TVU and a 42 inch LCD - little fuzzy, but us proles have to take what we can get. Loved the trucks too on Mondays. Not really sure how this seaons matches overs, but I enjoyed it, although I am no anorak.
:eek:

jslone
27th November 2007, 06:05
The season was jsut there to me,not worth voting cus a little bit of everything happened.