PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Race Plans & New Year's Resolutions

patnicholls
5th January 2007, 22:44
Which - if any - races are people planning to visit this year?

Last year I did four - MotoGP at Donington, plus both British Superbike rounds at Oulton Park and World Superbikes at Brands.

This year I'll prob do similar, but will probably miss the second Oulton BSB round as reckon I'm doing a karting championship race on that day. However I'm going to make up for that by going to World Supers at Donington on April 1 when they look to be making a welcome return! :D Oh and I might go to the odd car race like the British Touring Cars or the Renault World Series which is pretty good.

Otherwise, I do fancy going abroad - probably to Mugello, Barcelona, Brno or suchlike (actually, Assen would make most sense but when I got there I'd be so furious at what they've done to the circuit and go mad) - but that may be a bit beyond me for now!

My little bike-related New Year's Resolution is to try and get at least one new person onto the forum and posting :)

[I'm in an organising mood today, indoors on a Friday night so trying to get gigs, racing and holidays planned for the year!]

Anyone else got race plans or resolutions?

Allyc85
5th January 2007, 22:54
For bikes im definetly going to the BSB at thruxton, i went when Shakey did the double and loved it! Also if funds allow il be going to moto gp at Donington :D Whats this about WSB returning?

With cars il go see BTCC somewhere and in september im going to the Belgian grandprix!

patnicholls
5th January 2007, 23:23
Whats this about WSB returning?

www.worldsbk.com (http://www.worldsbk.com) and www.crash.net (http://www.crash.net) have the calender up with 15 dates on it of which three are TBAs at present.

Various places - including MCN and the Klaffi Honda website - have revealed that the April 1 date is going to be at Donington, meaning three British rounds (with Brands and Silverstone). World Supers were last at Donington in maybe 2002?

This is good :up:

[the other TBA dates are currently unknown-ish]

NinjaMaster
6th January 2007, 06:35
Am goin to WSB and MotoGP at the Island as always. We are planning on going to the historic racing championships at Phillip Island in a few weeks time where the tri-nations will take place (Aus-Eng-NZ) and am hoping to get to the Aus Superbikes round at Winton.

Other resolutions include finally learning to play my guitar and get into some form of fitness.

I see Britain has become the WSB equivalent of Italy in MotoGP :) .

tha_jackal
6th January 2007, 11:22
I also am heading down to the island, but only for the GP's.. First time this year and cant wait to go again!

Mach24
8th January 2007, 02:25
I also am heading down to the island, but only for the GP's.. First time this year and cant wait to go again!

To see a MotoGP bike pick the front wheel off the ground at over 300km/h just before tipping into turn 1 at the island is unbelievable. I still remember seeing the late Dajiro Kato in the first year of MotoGP do it lap after lap, now they all do it. I am hungering for the beginning of the race already, the sound, the feeling, the excitement.

Funks
8th January 2007, 19:31
Not sure about 2 wheels... I haven't been to anything live for many years now. Maybe I should put that right and at least pop to Brands for BSB. 4 wheels wise I will no doubt be off to lots of BTCC as usual, WTCC I suspect, DTM if it gets confirmed, LMES for the GB race and to a couple of ALMS races if plans come to fruition.

ChrisS
10th January 2007, 18:02
for the past 2 years I'm living really close to Donington but I never went to a race there because the GP is in the middle of the summer and at that time I'm back home at Cyprus and for one reason or another I wasn't able to go to the BSB races

This year will most likely be my last year at the UK so I will try to go to all bike races at Donington and also try to go to the F1 British GP

I also used to go to the Cyprus rally for the past few years but its not part of the WRC in 2007 :(

Corny
13th January 2007, 19:21
MotoGP/WSBK @ Assen like normal.. You all should come over to Assen, you can make your weekend for 150 euros or even less. (weekendcard is around 80 euros, full-weekend-camping is around 40 euros) WSBK is even cheaper :D

neninja
15th January 2007, 10:32
Probably do
MotoGP - Donington
WSB - Donington
BSB - Croft, Oulton, Cadwell, Knockhill, Donington

MrJan
16th January 2007, 21:54
Never been to a bike race (grew up with cars and spend most of my time watching rallying), but now I've finished Uni and am earning some money I'm thinking of making the trip to Donnington to watch the MotoGP, depending on money, time and all sorts of other worries.

Living in the part of the country that I do doesn't make it easy to get to many circuits so that might be it, although might make the relatively short trip to Thruxton to watch BSB.

maxu05
28th January 2007, 02:05
Loudanfox and I will be off to Shanhai for the Chinese MotoGp. I promise to take lots of photos to post as well as a full report. I hope that if members of the forum go to the track, that they will post some pics, or at least tell us all about their experience.

MrJan
29th January 2007, 21:57
In the last week my Dad has mentioned that he wouldn't mind going to Donnington for the GPs so might end up making that one of our annual motorsport weekends away. Last year went to Classic Le Mans so would love to try the MotoGP to see how the atmostphere compares :)

leopard
31st January 2007, 02:55
International event i visit here only car racing at Sentul e.g Asian Formula 3, and A1GP, and if our nation could held the same race next future i'll make sure will come there.

The most possible motogp race i will visit is Sepang, Malaysia but it doesn't look happen this year, need saving more money :D