PDA

View Full Version : Henning Solberg

Langdale Forest
18th November 2007, 13:58
Why is Henning's car orange if it is the Stobart team?
There is not even a Stobart logo on the car.

Josti
18th November 2007, 14:00
Expert (who use orange) is his main sponsor, that's why :)

Roy
18th November 2007, 14:21
His main sponsor is indeed Expert, but his points are for the M2team Stobart VK M-Sport Ford Rally Team. The link with the team is the girlsname of the car. Each Stobartcar; trucks, vans and WRCars has two laddienames at the front of the car.

SubaruNorway
18th November 2007, 15:12
Expert is paying 50mill kroner/4,5mill pounds for two years so i think they would very much like to have the car in there own colour

Glee
19th November 2007, 21:01
This year is it Expert who pays the ride to MSport, and Henning is a paid hired driver (and can in theory be replaced if Expert want to do that).

Expert had one clear demand with their sponsorship: It had to be orange. Thats why a car and not a soccer team or anything else...

Sulland
14th June 2010, 19:28
There are rumors that Henning will do Bulgaria in a Fiesta S2000, is this confirmed somewhere and in case of yes, which car will he be using ?

bluuford
14th June 2010, 22:23
Why is Henning's car orange if it is the Stobart team?
There is not even a Stobart logo on the car.

Have you ever seen his car or a photo of his car. Take another look:
http://www.avetowrc.com/Foto/Wrc/Portogallo2010/Foto/index.html

Sulland
15th June 2010, 08:54
Back to the future; Is it a M-Sport car Henning would drive ?

Viking
15th June 2010, 12:01
Back to the future; Is it a M-Sport car Henning would drive ?

Found a pic of Hennings "new" car ;)

http://www.bilcross.no/images/news/large/Lc1mgyBi3u6qeceJLNFT_1Vayyqo878P7yekaPkNq.jpg

alexlake
15th June 2010, 21:43
Found a pic of Hennings "new" car ;)

http://www.bilcross.no/images/news/large/Lc1mgyBi3u6qeceJLNFT_1Vayyqo878P7yekaPkNq.jpg

love da bug

16th June 2010, 07:28
Expert is paying 50mill kroner/4,5mill pounds for two years so i think they would very much like to have the car in there own colour

That is very high price he is paying, comes out to about 170.000GBP per event. I hope he gets plenty of testing included for that money. Well now that I think of it it makes sense he is paying so much as he has to finance wilslow's drive as well. :cool:

Gard
16th June 2010, 08:02
That is very high price he is paying, comes out to about 170.000GBP per event. I hope he gets plenty of testing included for that money. Well now that I think of it it makes sense he is paying so much as he has to finance wilslow's drive as well. :cool:

He doesn't get testing at all. The budget for this year is lower, so he doesn't get any testing and the car is really bad. Most of it is 07 spec. Seems like M-sport puts this togheter with old parts they should have thrown in the bin.

MJW
16th June 2010, 08:55
Such is the power of the WRC brand. Reasonable drivers are prepared to pay a fortune to 2 companies, (MSport and Citroen Technologies, - Conrad last few years) just to be "in a wrc car in the right championship" the cars they are given are way from top spec, and no testing given.But hell its better than joining the IRC in a 207 / Fabia etc.

AndyRAC
16th June 2010, 10:13
Such is the power of the WRC brand. Reasonable drivers are prepared to pay a fortune to 2 companies, (MSport and Citroen Technologies, - Conrad last few years) just to be "in a wrc car in the right championship" the cars they are given are way from top spec, and no testing given.But hell its better than joining the IRC in a 207 / Fabia etc.

Isn't that an oxymoron...??? ;)

Wasted Talent
16th June 2010, 11:06

.....because Henning is SOOOO much faster than Wilson........

WT

17th June 2010, 16:20
He doesn't get testing at all. The budget for this year is lower, so he doesn't get any testing and the car is really bad. Most of it is 07 spec. Seems like M-sport puts this togheter with old parts they should have thrown in the bin.

So now I understand why Wilslow is giving henning a hard time on gravel. I thought Henning had good material. His car must be different than the son's car who surely best possible spec.

Why has Henning stayed so long with M-Sport and throw the money down the drain? There is no way he can get results there! He should have tried with Citroen, but probably they are much more expensive.... :(

Sulland
17th June 2010, 19:09
I think Henning still is faster than Wilson, but get a car that he uses a lot of time in the rally to get as he needs it to be to drive fast.

I think Henning would have more fun in S2000 !

Viking
19th June 2010, 16:39
S2000 on this seasons tarmac rallys :up:

http://supersport.com/motorsport/rallying/news/100619/Solberg_set_for_S2000_Fiesta_drive

Sulland
21st June 2010, 21:37
Will Henning have any time in the car before the rally or is the first time he sits in the car at shakedown ?

JFL
30th June 2010, 23:51
Hennings Fiesta for rallying..
http://www.norsk-rally.com/images/stories/HenningSolberg/2010/henningfiesta.jpg
http://www.norsk-rally.com/images/stories/HenningSolberg/2010/henningfiesta2.jpg

1st July 2010, 02:08
http://www.norsk-rally.com/images/stories/HenningSolberg/2010/henningfiesta2.jpg
That looks awesome!!

Koppomsbo
1st July 2010, 05:42

:up:

Micke_VOC
7th July 2010, 23:05
Hennings blog its online again.

http://6339.vgb.no/

Sulland
10th January 2011, 17:12
Will be very interesting to see Henning in the Fiesta WRC. If the S2000 results are anythibg to go by' the car suites him better than the Focus. How will he do compared to the other Fiesta WRC drivers do you think ?

Sulland
22nd December 2012, 09:09
The short stint Henning had with GoFast the last time, is hopefully a longer relationship this time around.

Would be good for all 3 parties involved!

skarderud
22nd December 2012, 10:12
We'll cross fingers and everything :) Maybe the problem last time was the team and not the other things?

Prisoner Monkeys
22nd December 2012, 10:28
Uh, I'm confused. Did I miss something important?

skarderud
22nd December 2012, 10:32
Henning+prodrive+go fast.

Prisoner Monkeys
22nd December 2012, 10:38
I see. Do you have a source?

skarderud
22nd December 2012, 10:48
Some written "news"/rumours in norwegian media, so lets see :)

sete
22nd December 2012, 10:55
is there any chance to he can be at Monte Carlo?

tommeke_B
22nd December 2012, 10:55
No, entries closed.

Prisoner Monkeys
22nd December 2012, 11:04
Some written "news"/rumours in norwegian media, so lets see :)
I think I'll wait for something a little more official than rumours in the national media. In my experience, they tend to be unreliable.

No, entries closed.
And even if it was possible to enter, Prodrive have written off appearing at Monte Carlo and have turned their attentions to Sweden:

World Rally Championship - News - Prodrive: we’ll be back (http://www.wrc.com/news/prodrive-well-be-back/?fid=18131)

dupanton
22nd December 2012, 13:53
Why investing money in an old chap like Henning... He was nowhere a few years ago (pace) and with a few years of inactivity, it will be worse! Please invest that money in a young talent, that should be a lot better!

Barreis
22nd December 2012, 14:02
Just don't say Matt Wilson.

EightGear
22nd December 2012, 14:08
Why investing money in an old chap like Henning... He was nowhere a few years ago (pace) and with a few years of inactivity, it will be worse! Please invest that money in a young talent, that should be a lot better!

Exactly my thoughts. Why not sponsor just Prodrive, so PD can choose their drivers..

Mirek
22nd December 2012, 14:11

Every man is the architect of his own fortune. Don't You think that it is probably Henning himself or his management who makes the deal?

dupanton
22nd December 2012, 14:52
Every man is the architect of his own fortune. Don't You think that it is probably Henning himself or his management who makes the deal?

I know. But if I was head of a company, i would never invest in a guy like him... If they want to enter the sport, there are others possibilities.
And I think Henning should realise that to. Maybe he and Petter can support a young talent to be "their successor"

Rallyper
22nd December 2012, 14:56
I know. But if I was head of a company, i would never invest in a guy like him... If they want to enter the sport, there are others possibilities.
And I think Henning should realise that to. Maybe he and Petter can support a young talent to be "their successor"

I think you misunderstand the whole thing.

If you have sponsors and love driving WRC-rallies, why not do it yourself? Besides I do believe Henning has helped Pontus Tidemand a lot (it´s his step son). So I agree with Mirek. Henning likes to drive and has the possibilty, so why not drive?

tommeke_B
22nd December 2012, 14:57
Of course he does. But he is doing what he wants to do, and as long as he finds the funding for it, why not? It's not like he is "stealing" others sponsors, if they would not support him they would probably support nobody at all...

stefanvv
22nd December 2012, 15:39
Of course he does. But he is doing what he wants to do, and as long as he finds the funding for it, why not? It's not like he is "stealing" others sponsors, if they would not support him they would probably support nobody at all...

Exactly. If Hennig want's to drive for fun and can backup it with the necessary funding, then why not. Obviously he has good relationships with his sponsor. Not everybody driving in WRC want's to win the title. We should be happy anyway now we will have 3 manufacturers on full program (I don't count Mini for this or the next year, but I hope I will be wrong for the next one). With 2014 they can become even 2 more, then I guess there will be enough places for young and talanted drivers.

RS
22nd December 2012, 18:40
So why did the GoFast sponsorship dry up last time and what's to say it won't happen again?

Sulland
22nd December 2012, 19:33
is there any chance to he can be at Monte Carlo?

Not sure he would have wanted MC, even if he could!

And as a sponsor object for EXPERT, he was super popular, both with the customers and the company. He appeal to both men and women, being a very nice person.
The primary aim for the sponsors is not to help the driver, but to get something back, and earn more money!

bluuford
22nd December 2012, 21:22
Guys, do you remeber that Henning has been much more succsessfull with "non-offiscial cars." Why not with Mini? with the team who is ready to adjust the car for his liking (because there are nor much more other people to take into account). I belive he will achieve many good results:-)

skarderud
22nd December 2012, 22:22
Actually i think the same, bluuford.
he was "on par" with mikko with an evo 6,5, he won in germany in an fiesta s2000, and he is by far the best Mechanic in the wrc.
this Can be good for all 3 parts in this project!

Prisoner Monkeys
22nd December 2012, 23:00
So why did the GoFast sponsorship dry up last time and what's to say it won't happen again?
Nobody seems to know exactly what happened in 2012 ...

Kielder
23rd December 2012, 01:57
At least, driving (when possible) a Prodrive Mini, Henning will save the entry's money and he won't beat the record from last year of five withdrawals before starting.

Prisoner Monkeys
23rd December 2012, 02:09
To my mind, DMACK would be a better sponsor for Prodrive than Go Fast. For one, they have actually maintained a presence in the category that was somewhat more substantial than backing an entire WRC team for two rounds, then changing their minds and putting a small decal on another car. And DMACK money would guarantee Prodrive the ability to take someone like Solberg, instead of depending on round-by-round sponsorship.

Sulland
10th January 2013, 11:11
Swedish media reports that Henning is on the startlist and will drive a Fiesta WRC in Sweden. Maybe with GoFast sponsorship.

GigiGalliNo1
10th January 2013, 12:32
Henning confirmed for Sweden as he confirmed via SMS to Colin Clark.

Iskald
10th January 2013, 13:10
Henning confirmed for Sweden as he confirmed via SMS to Colin Clark.

He`s like a cat that guy. Nine lives and always lands on his feet. ;-)

Plan9
10th January 2013, 23:35
Its amazing how Henning call pull things out of the hat like this. It's hard to understand how he does so well with business when Petter has not been able to do as well.

VFTS
11th January 2013, 07:17
Its amazing how Henning call pull things out of the hat like this. It's hard to understand how he does so well with business when Petter has not been able to do as well.

I dont really think that you have any idea what you are talking about.

Frostmourne
11th January 2013, 07:23
Share your ideas then....

Maui J.
20th January 2013, 09:50

Yes, please explain. I think Plan9's statement/question is very relevant.

Coach 2
20th January 2013, 11:33
Yes, please explain. I think Plan9's statement/question is very relevant.

If Plan9 mean that HS do "better" than PS in business, I would agree with VFTS. On what point do PS bad in business?

Plan9
20th January 2013, 23:53
By "better" I meant that HS seemed to be able to fund a private campaign better the PS.

EightGear
21st January 2013, 00:16
Petter actually managed to fund his own team for 3 years.

Plan9
21st January 2013, 01:27
Our of interest, does what HS did from 2006-12 classified as a "private campaign"? If I have made a mistake I appologise.

Coach 2
21st January 2013, 19:00
I don't think you need to appologise at all, PLAN9.

Andre Oliveira
8th February 2018, 22:26
Pic of Gøran Otto

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVjCdXSXUAEIPaF?format=jpg&name=medium

PLuto
13th February 2018, 16:39
https://scontent.fprg1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/27992860_10160108420460061_5413725085617934576_o.j pg?oh=38287623c4acad2bfb6ad46bef3fb9ad&oe=5B23B386

Gordini
13th February 2018, 18:48
Henning is the last Bohemia of international top rallye!

Admiration for his heart for the sport.

Mirek
13th February 2018, 20:13
Henning is the last Bohemia of international top rallye!

Admiration for his heart for the sport.

Actually Škoda and Kopecký represent Bohemia :D

Mintexmemory
14th February 2018, 09:38
Actually Škoda and Kopecký represent Bohemia :D

�� You know he meant ‘bohemian’ in the free-spirit sense! Actually Henning is the last of the ‘amateurs’ in the true sense of that word.

Fast Eddie WRC
14th February 2018, 10:42
In England we normally call such an amateur sportsman the Last of the Corinthians !

PLuto
20th February 2018, 14:56
So, we have first time of Henning with new WRC car in Sweden. His results are not so much impressive - https://rally-base.com/crew-profile/crew-detail/?competitionId=462&crewId=38735&ssGroupId=1

I must say that I didnt expected from him fight with other WRC cars, but I have expected better rally. Only on two stages (and one superspecial) he was faster than R5 cars and he was not improving so much during the weekend.

rallyfiend
20th February 2018, 15:05
He was first car on the road for two days. That won't have helped.

If Ogier reckons he had it bad, then for sure Henning had it worse....

PLuto
20th February 2018, 15:09
He was first car on the road for two days. That won't have helped.

If Ogier reckons he had it bad, then for sure Henning had it worse....

For sure it wont helped and I count with it. But still...

SubaruNorway
20th February 2018, 16:05
He also had a leak in a vacuume hose i thin it was which made the turbo boost too high and they had to turn down the power until they found it.