PDA

View Full Version : V8s Tasmania

I am evil Homer
18th November 2007, 11:28
Nice to see FPR up there - Richards had a storming weekend to finish second for the round.

However the big news is the title battle taking another twist after Race 3 issues for both Toll HSV cars who failed to finish.

Whincup re-takes championship lead, 7 ahead of Tander, 21 ahead of Lowndes. Kelly is 48 back and needs a miracle to even get into contention.

ShiftingGears
19th November 2007, 05:05
Symmons Plains is a great little track - its short and its punchy, like Pukekohe (sad to see it make way for Hamilton)

The race director needs to stop handing out bad sportsmanship flags for blocking, and constantly calling for unnecessary safety car periods, though (see McConville).

It's a pretty safe bet that there will be controversy at Phillip Island in a fortnight. Should be good!

I am evil Homer
19th November 2007, 08:58
I think Tander is in with a shout but right now 888 and FPR look very strong, so there's a chance that Whincup doesn't need to win the round so long as other people take points off Toll.

I love Symons Plains...awesome little track but I agree they were far too ready to call people for blocking - what are they meant to do exactly, park it at the run off area at the hairpin to let people buy?!

ozrevhead
19th November 2007, 09:11
cant wait

disapointed that Toll didnt do so well in the 3rd race but thats racing

Stewards were far too trigger happy in my book - they want to make sure there is no funny business

27pts seperate 1st and 4th....... its going to be a scorcher!!

Ranger
19th November 2007, 10:01
I love Symons Plains...awesome little track but I agree they were far too ready to call people for blocking - what are they meant to do exactly, park it at the run off area at the hairpin to let people buy?!
I agree. One thing that really does annoy me about V8 Supercars is their promptness to penalise anyone for anything moderately questionable, and the insistance of safety cars. Blocking, IMO, shouldn't be punished unless throroughly blatant and dangerous. Skaife I think got a warning or two for blocking when he was simply defending his racing line, which was silly as he had to give a free kick to Rick Kelly by simply letting him through softly. Which was silly because he blew up the next lap anyway. :p :

The Safety Car is also overused. The one for McConville's crash was just dumb. They put the Chrysler out there even though there was just a bit of dust around - no parts anywhere... and they didn't even move McConville's car after he parked it off the track. Double Yellows would have simply done in that situation, IMO.

Phillip Island should be great though! There was great racing there last year as well as that last race drama.

Hotlavaaaa
20th November 2007, 07:15
27pts seperate 1st and 4th....... its going to be a scorcher!!

Actually it's 48 points from 1st to 4th.

racer69
20th November 2007, 15:54
The Safety Car is also overused. The one for McConville's crash was just dumb. They put the Chrysler out there even though there was just a bit of dust around - no parts anywhere... and they didn't even move McConville's car after he parked it off the track. Double Yellows would have simply done in that situation, IMO.

Agree 100%, its way overused, especially at Bathurst, has turned it into a 20 lap sprint.

Of course Chrysler & WPS need to get their money's worth, which they don't get with it sitting in pitlane :(