PDA

View Full Version : Kasey Kahne ... a bad boy ???

RaceFanStan
17th November 2007, 18:42
It looks to me like it is one those "Do you know who I am ?" deals ...
with his baby face & women drooling for him, Kasey looks like a nice young man ...
but it appears Kahne isn't going to take any crap on the track, in the pits or wherever ...
Kasey Kahne seems to be the latest victim of someone wanting their 15 minutes of fame ...
or is he ???
The investigation is ongoing & let's hope all of the details are revealed when they are known.

an excerpt :
Nextel Cup driver Kasey Kahne is under investigation by the Homestead Police Department ...
for pushing a track security guard to the ground Friday ... :eek:

LINK :
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/11/17/kkahne.homestead.incident/index.html

Sparky1329
17th November 2007, 20:56
:eek: I guess that security guard isn't a NASCAR fan. Even I know who Kale Kahne is and what he looks like.

tstran17_88
18th November 2007, 00:56
I'll probably have to stop calling him "Candy Kahne" now! :laugh:

Smilieangel489
18th November 2007, 01:05
The article of foxsports says that Kasey was just trying to get in there by himself. http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/7458752
Geez this is stupid!

muggle not
18th November 2007, 01:10
The article of foxsports says that Kasey was just trying to get in there by himself. http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/7458752
Geez this is stupid!
I guess we should wait until the facts are known ......but......on the surface it does look like we have a person trying to show their authority......and yes, it is stupid.

Sparky1329
18th November 2007, 02:49
Did you ever see a driver in a firesuit wearing his credential? I haven't.

Was this security guard incredibly stupid or just being an azz? I vote for being an azz.

A strong wind would blow Kasey Kahne over so just how did he knock a security guard off his feet. I don't think Kasey could knock me off my feet.

Hoss Ghoul
18th November 2007, 03:54
A strong wind would blow Kasey Kahne over so just how did he knock a security guard off his feet. I don't think Kasey could knock me off my feet.

Lol, that's what I was thinking.

tstran17_88
18th November 2007, 16:48
After hearing Marty Smith this morning explain what happened, I'm thinking the security guard took a dive. If this was hockey, the security guard would be in the penalty box for 2 minutes. Can't wait for the lawsuit against Kasey, Miami-Homestead, Evernham-Gillete and NASCAR to come out. :rolleyes:

Erki
18th November 2007, 19:07
I read something about "escalating blood pressure". Jeez, he better be happy it was Kasey, not Tony. :D

Sparky1329
18th November 2007, 21:03
I read something about "escalating blood pressure". Jeez, he better be happy it was Kasey, not Tony. :D

I'll say.

Vez
17th December 2007, 18:56
An update on the investigation
http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news

UPDATE: A Miami law firm announced its plans Monday to file a lawsuit against a NASCAR driver accused of assaulting a 62-year-old security guard at the Homestead-Miami Speedway last month. Russell Dohan, an attorney with Goldberg & Dohan, said the lawsuit against NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne would be filed Monday in Miami. Kahne, 27, is charged with one count of battery against Archibald Hutchison, who was working as a security guard at the speedway for a race Nov. 16 when the incident allegedly occurred. According to a Homestead police report, Kahne was attempting to access a restricted recreational vehicle parking lot on a golf cart after he finished driving his racecar when Hutchison stopped him and asked him for credentials. Kahne stated that he was a driver and didn't need any, then got out of the golf cart and tried to walk through the gate, the report stated. When Hutchison blocked the entrance and asked Kahne for credentials again, Kahne pushed Hutchison to the ground, according to the report. The report said Kahne was stopped and detained by law enforcement officers who witnessed the incident. He was arrested later that day and released on the signed condition that he appears in court. Hutchison, who was advised not to let any unauthorized people through gate 208 without exception, was treated at the speedway's medical facility for minor bruises and abrasions, according to the report. Dohan said Hutchison hasn't been able to return to work because of his injuries. Dohan said his client has suffered emotionally from the incident and is "getting killed" by NASCAR fans on Web site blogs. He also said he planned to have his client speak with the media about the lawsuit at a news conference planned for Tuesday.(local10.com)(12-17-2007)

Sparky1329
17th December 2007, 20:53
Minor bruises and abrasions have prevented this guy from working? Yeah right. It's Soak Kasey Kahne time. Archibald Hutchison is the worst kind of bottom feeder.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
18th December 2007, 11:03
this is kinda funny. Kahne is the sort of guy that looks like a strong breeze might topple over. Hutchison must be a proper pussy. But this i think says it all
who was advised not to let any unauthorized people through gate 208 without exception WITHOUT EXPECTION. Sounds to me like someones pretty boy ego got the better of him. all he had to do was talk to the guy in a reasonable manner and he would have probably let him in. Geezer was only trying to do is job.

tstran17_88
18th December 2007, 18:38
Dohan said his client has suffered emotionally from the incident and is "getting killed" by NASCAR fans on Web site blogs.Let me break out the world’s smallest violin.

Sparky1329
18th December 2007, 18:55
http://www.boomspeed.com/rockysmom/smileyviolin_02.gif

RaceFanStan
18th December 2007, 21:31
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/bh.gif

muggle not
18th December 2007, 23:14
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/bh.gif

Me too.

Nicholas Morse
19th December 2007, 02:49
He was doing his job and he is an old man. He got pushed over by a young man with an ego and that young man with an ego deserves to be punished for pushing over an old man.

I can't believe people want to cut Mr. Kahne slack for getting physically violent with someone 3 times as old as he is.

I hope Kahne gets penalized, he needs to be more mature during all times, and yes, even he has to follow the rules, perhaps he should carry his credentials, which are supposed to be on you 24/7 when you are on the track grounds, from now on out.

-Nic

RaceFanStan
19th December 2007, 04:03
I could possibly believe Tony or Robby of being a bully, perhaps even Kevin or Kurt ...
but Kasey Kahne behaving like a bully & causing injury ??? Gimme a break !!! http://www.motorsportforum.com/forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Sparky1329
19th December 2007, 04:17
He was doing his job and he is an old man. He got pushed over by a young man with an ego and that young man with an ego deserves to be punished for pushing over an old man.

I can't believe people want to cut Mr. Kahne slack for getting physically violent with someone 3 times as old as he is.

I hope Kahne gets penalized, he needs to be more mature during all times, and yes, even he has to follow the rules, perhaps he should carry his credentials, which are supposed to be on you 24/7 when you are on the track grounds, from now on out.

-Nic

Oh puhleeze. Physically violent? If the "old man" was doing his job properly he could've handled the situation in a far better manner. Drivers in firesuits do not typically nor customarily wear their credentials anywhere at the track that I've seen. There's no need to since most of them are easily recognizable. If there was a question about access to the lot where Kasey's "home" was located the "old man" should've summoned his supervisor. There was a lack of common sense exercised by the guard and he is now trying to exploit the situation. That is contemptible and is indefensible.

Nicholas Morse
19th December 2007, 06:10
That is contemptible and is indefensible.

The only thing that is indefensible is the resort to a physical altercation by Mr. Kahne.

I agree, most guys don't carry their credentials around, and if you saw someone that looked like Kasey at a NASCAR track on the race weekend, it wouldn't take an engineer to figure out who it is.

I don't recall reading where it says Kahne was in his drivers suit. Driver suits have pockets. All personnel with credentials to be in the infield during a NASCAR race weekend must be able to show their credentials 24.7. That includes drivers, although they are the least likely to be asked to prove they have access to be there.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
19th December 2007, 16:42
Credentials or not pushing over a 62-year old man aint on. And if this was Tony Stewart it would be an even bigger deal than it is already. Why do people believe that Kahne is so nice?. Just because he looks like a girl doesnt mean he goes around making daisy chains.

Sparky1329
19th December 2007, 18:52
I don't think Kasey Kahne soaking wet tilts the scales at 120 lbs. I'm a 62 year old disabled woman and I highly doubt that he could push me over. There are surely details we don't know but there are two things we do know.

The guard who is the authority figure in this situation allowed the incident to unneccessarily escalate.

According to the police report the guard sustained "minor bruises and abrasions". His attorney says, "Dohan said Hutchison hasn't been able to return to work because of his injuries. Dohan said his client has suffered emotionally from the incident and is "getting killed" by NASCAR fans on Web site blogs."

Most NASCAR fans aren't stupid. Most of us can smell a scam a mile away.
You'll have to pardon me for failing to defend the guard and for holding my nose.

harvick#1
19th December 2007, 19:34

:laugh:

quite indeed :D

Vez
19th December 2007, 19:44
Here's another article:

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/12/18/kkahne.lawsuit.filed/index.html

a couple of snippets
Hutchinson's attorney, Russell Dohan, said his client has not been back to work since the incident took place on Nov. 16 at the Homestead-Miami Speedway.

"He has a tear in his lumbar spine and is now seeking treatment from an orthopedic surgeon," Dohan said from his office in Miami.

and
"He shoved [Hutchinson] twice; he fell the second time, and landed right on his back. Four uniformed police officers saw the whole thing and immediately grabbed [Kahne]," Dohan added.

When asked if his client's lawsuit was frivolous, Dohan said no and that he and Hutchinson even waited to see how severe the injuries were before filing the lawsuit.

"Everyone is saying that, but people really don't know the facts. He was taken to the infield medical facility and then transported to the Homestead hospital. ... This incident has left Mr. Hutchinson injured not only physically, but emotionally as well. He is under medical care for his injuries and cannot return to work," Dohan said.

Dohan added that Kahne believed his "celebrity status makes him immune to the rules the rest of us have to adhere to ... he didn't show any remorse afterwards and didn't apologize."

I'm not defending either just posting an article, and picking a couple a things that seemed interesting.

Vez
19th December 2007, 19:58
Just found this article and I think it's pretty much spot on, as we don't know the WHOLE truth.

http://www.cupscene.com/nascar121807lead2.htm

But something does seem a little odd about the whole situation.

Sparky1329
19th December 2007, 22:15
No we don't know all the facts but there's one glaring discrepancy with one of them. The police report cited "minor bruises and abrasions" and now it's a lumbar injury? Who to believe? The police report or the attorney for the security guard. Hmmmmmm. :rolleyes:

Erki
22nd December 2007, 23:12
If I was a driver, I sure wouldn't want to carry my ID or somesuch with me at all times, especially at a place with many people. I don't want it lost/stolen.
The "credential", whatever it must mean, could also get lost when driver is in car and happens to crash.
I don't try to make Kahne's possible behaviour right, but jeez, if he really didn't have the credential, and he is easily recognizable, let him be the exception then...
Also think it's a joke to have an elderly person to be a security guard. It's a *security* guard, they should be able to defend themselves.

And what's the thing with Kahne being skinny and "looking like a girl"? Now, I don't look like a girl, but I'm rather slender, especially at my height(6'3") - am I now less of a person that some fat-ass? There are enough of them already, nearly every crew chief is fat these days(Knaus must be cheating that he isn't :p ).

tstran17_88
23rd December 2007, 14:00
The only thing that is indefensible is the resort to a physical altercation by Mr. Kahne.

I agree, most guys don't carry their credentials around, and if you saw someone that looked like Kasey at a NASCAR track on the race weekend, it wouldn't take an engineer to figure out who it is.

I don't recall reading where it says Kahne was in his drivers suit. Driver suits have pockets. All personnel with credentials to be in the infield during a NASCAR race weekend must be able to show their credentials 24.7. That includes drivers, although they are the least likely to be asked to prove they have access to be there.Are you the old man's lawyer? You sure sound like it!

Nicholas Morse
25th December 2007, 00:58
Are you the old man's lawyer? You sure sound like it!

I wish, I could get some $$$. ;)

I wonder how much I could get for an emotional bruise.

-Nic

Sparky1329
25th December 2007, 04:19
I wish, I could get some $$$. ;)

I wonder how much I could get for an emotional bruise.

-Nic

Not a penny....unless you can get Kasey to knock you off your feet.

Nicholas Morse
26th December 2007, 02:25
Not a penny....unless you can get Kasey to knock you off your feet.

Which Kasey did to that old man. It'll be okay in the end. Kasey will pay it off, it'll be settled out of court, and everyone will not talk about it.

He is fortunate it happened during the last race and is taking place during the offseason, a lot less negative-exposure for Kasey.

-Nic

ms0362
8th January 2008, 22:30
Shame. Our society's solution to everything. Sue. Doesn't sound like the guy was physically fit to do the job anyway. Must have a hard time getting out of bed if he can't get up from being shoved on his butt.

F1boat
10th January 2008, 13:04
I completely support Kasey here. You basically had an old fart who had the opportunity to humiliate a star. He got what he deserved.

Sparky1329
10th January 2008, 17:32
Which Kasey did to that old man. It'll be okay in the end. Kasey will pay it off, it'll be settled out of court, and everyone will not talk about it.

He is fortunate it happened during the last race and is taking place during the offseason, a lot less negative-exposure for Kasey.

-Nic

Apparently you were wrong. Kasey is not paying it off when he pleads "Not Guilty". My guess is he didn't do what he's being accused of doing. Imagine that.

Nicholas Morse
10th January 2008, 19:13
Apparently you were wrong. Kasey is not paying it off when he pleads "Not Guilty". My guess is he didn't do what he's being accused of doing. Imagine that.

We'll see how the legal system handles this. Kasey can afford a sharp legal team and he has the means to drag this out while the other guy does not.

How do we know I was wrong? I am sure Kasey tried to settle it out of court and the lawyer for the security gaurd was having nothing of it and decided to bring it to a trial.

I don't really care what happenes here, it isn't as if Kahne is going to lose his ride, sponsor, or a meal at dinner.

-Nic

Sparky1329
10th January 2008, 22:39
"I am sure Kasey tried to settle it out of court and the lawyer for the security gaurd was having nothing of it and decided to bring it to a trial."

Wow, I'm impressed. Talk about an inside track. :rolleyes: