PDA

View Full Version : ING Renault F1 Team launch new team logo - First Pic

Giuseppe F1
5th January 2007, 21:22
The fact there is alot of 'royal blue' in the logo may give some hint as to the base colour of the actual car livery.

I expect a base blue with wisps and flairs here and there of ING orange and Renault yellow

I think ING are a great partner but that bloody lion keeps on making me thing of Renaults neighbour Peugeot! :)

Image attached

Donney
5th January 2007, 21:50
It could be an awesome livery!!!

You are right about the lion though! :p :

cinnamon33
5th January 2007, 21:55
Eww... I hate this dark blue!

waitey
6th January 2007, 03:02
dark blue goes well with white and red more than orange and yellow, oh well it could be interesting. I expect it to be basically the same style of livery with the recent car just replacing the light blue with dark blue and adding a bit more orange and yellow.

Ranger
6th January 2007, 06:17
If that logo is anything to predict the livery by, I reckon it's going to be a another pretty damn good livery from the Enstone team.

Giuseppe F1
6th January 2007, 13:07
NEW Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team logo now appearing on their team website.

New style font and interesting that the traditional McLaren 'strike' graphic is missing.....could this be in deference to a widely rumoured Mercedes buyout sooner rather than later??

Logo image attached:

Giuseppe F1
6th January 2007, 13:15
Can anyone of the guys good with Photoshop and the like help me out here please?

The new VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES team logo is visible at http://www.mclaren.com (on the homepage) but it is shown against an image of a blacked out car.

Is anyone able to rework the logo graphic so that the 'vodafone' is still in red, the 'mclaren mercedes' still in silver, yet with the logo against a plain white backdrop please?

Many thanks for your help in advance is you are indeed able to

Giuseppe F1

ChrisS
6th January 2007, 18:01
The VODAFONE MCLAREN MERCEDES logo is visible at Vodafone's website

http://www.vodafone.com/assets/img/en/VMM_header.jpg

gjalie
6th January 2007, 20:15
http://www.planeterenault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19649

here some interesting renault livery's.

Viv
6th January 2007, 20:24
Thanks ChrisS :)
I like the older McLaren logo and yeah...the absence of the McLaren strike is surprising..maybe they thought the Logo was too long to have a strike :p :
Interesting liveries for Renault..the third one's best I think..are they all photo shopped?I don't know that language :s

Mjfan12
7th January 2007, 07:07
DAMN! I have a savings account with ING and I like them, but I hate Renault!

I can't support the sponsors of the Rivals of Ferrari! I may just stop it, HSBC has higher interest rates anyways.

waitey
7th January 2007, 11:41
http://www.planeterenault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19649

here some interesting renault livery's.

some of those are actually pretty good and i wasn't expecting with the newcolour scheme they had that it could be that good, so if they had a livery similar to any of those it would look great

Iceman-uk
7th January 2007, 15:07
This is nice.

gjalie
7th January 2007, 18:15
Thanks ChrisS :)
I like the older McLaren logo and yeah...the absence of the McLaren strike is surprising..maybe they thought the Logo was too long to have a strike :p :
Interesting liveries for Renault..the third one's best I think..are they all photo shopped?I don't know that language :s

i can't read that language either.

Jona
7th January 2007, 19:47
This is nice.

Are renault going to be sponsored by O2 this year? Thought they were a BMW sponsor?

Giuseppe F1
7th January 2007, 21:29
Jona, Telefonica own O2 so there was rumours a while ago that the O2 branding may be switched to the Renault - I hope not, 02 and BMW are good partners

SuperAguri
7th January 2007, 23:34
I thought Telefonica only sponsored because of Alonso?

jens
12th January 2007, 20:59
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6489/picture3ag8.jpg

Found something like this. Front nose and wing look interesting. Also the placing of mirrors. :p :

SuperAguri
12th January 2007, 21:03
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7779/picture2ow8.jpg

Another side(ish) shot

POS_Maggott
12th January 2007, 22:49
Where did you find those? Because I like what I see!

ioan
12th January 2007, 23:24
Found something like this. Front nose and wing look interesting. Also the placing of mirrors. :p :

What mirrors?! Those are no mirrors anymore those are f***ing aero devices and I hope that the FIA will ban them!

Ranger
13th January 2007, 01:33
What mirrors?! Those are no mirrors anymore those are f***ing aero devices and I hope that the FIA will ban them!

My my, we can't have a bit of innovation, can we? :rolleyes:

They are not moving aero parts so they are not illegal. If these should be illegal, then so should Ferrari's wheel covers - which are essentially devices which do the thing its supposed to do and secondarily, contribute to the aerodynamics of the car - just like the mirrors you see on this one. Why the fuss?

I'd say thats a pretty damn good car. :)

SuperAguri
13th January 2007, 11:35
Where did you find those? Because I like what I see!

I found my shot on another motorsport forum.

ioan
13th January 2007, 13:36
My my, we can't have a bit of innovation, can we? :rolleyes:

They are not moving aero parts so they are not illegal. If these should be illegal, then so should Ferrari's wheel covers - which are essentially devices which do the thing its supposed to do and secondarily, contribute to the aerodynamics of the car - just like the mirrors you see on this one. Why the fuss?

I'd say thats a pretty damn good car. :)

Who the hell said they are moving parts?

What about the positioning of those mirror supports?
How easy it will be to have them broken in a little toss at the start! Will it be a car without mirrors considered safe enough when racing at 250+ kmh?

Give it a thought before slamming me.

jens
13th January 2007, 15:22
There is another aspect of the mirrors that makes me a bit curious. Driver has to turn his head too much to actually see something from there, so he might lose concentration about other stuff that is going on at the same time. Or not? :p :

POS_Maggott
13th January 2007, 21:50

How easy it will be to have them broken in a little toss at the start! Will it be a car without mirrors considered safe enough when racing at 250+ kmh?

If I remember correctly, the FIA had nothing to say about it being dangerous when the mirror came off the McLaren a couple times this season.

ioan
13th January 2007, 23:03
If I remember correctly, the FIA had nothing to say about it being dangerous when the mirror came off the McLaren a couple times this season.

Well, they should have said something.

Ranger
13th January 2007, 23:11

Sorry. But I still don't get why the FIA should remove them, considering nothing was done about several other cases of missing mirrors last year.

pino
13th January 2007, 23:20

Ioan, please cool down a bit, you're taking everything too seriously, get mad too quickly, and the season hasn't started yet... :s

ioan
14th January 2007, 00:11
Sorry. But I still don't get why the FIA should remove them, considering nothing was done about several other cases of missing mirrors last year.

Fair enough, just that the new Renault mirrors are designed like if they would be seeking this kind of troubles.
Last years "elephant ears" achieved about the same aero effects but at least were not in a danger to lose the mirrors together with them.

RJL25
14th January 2007, 06:29
personally i dont understand why all the teams dont design their mirrors to do dual functions. For example aswell as being mirrors they could be shaped to redirect more air over the rear wing. Sif this is dangerous.. its simply maximising the performance potential of every little bit of the car and this is a good thing, not a bad

ioan
14th January 2007, 10:44
And I was thinking that we needed to minimize all this aero gadgets! :rolleyes:

Donney
14th January 2007, 11:06
The car looks very nice with the new livery and the aero seems very refined.

14th January 2007, 11:11

Ioan, you can 'think' that we needed to minimze all these aero-gadgets, but until the rule-book categorically states that the bodywork is to be free from aero-gadgets my former colleagues in the wind-tunnels will continue to come up with them.

Previously I argued that the Ferrari wheel-rims were perfectly legal as they only produce an aero advantage as a secondary effect to the principal reason for their use.

I see no reason to argue any different with relation to the new Renault mirror configuration. Their primary job is to provide rear-view....that Renault have designed them to aid in a secondary function is not, in my view, a problem.

ioan
14th January 2007, 11:14
Ioan, you can 'think' that we needed to minimze all these aero-gadgets, but until the rule-book categorically states that the bodywork is to be free from aero-gadgets my former colleagues in the wind-tunnels will continue to come up with them.

Previously I argued that the Ferrari wheel-rims were perfectly legal as they only produce an aero advantage as a secondary effect to the principal reason for their use.

I see no reason to argue any different with relation to the new Renault mirror configuration. Their primary job is to provide rear-view....that Renault have designed them to aid in a secondary function is not, in my view, a problem.

In the end it's only FIA's fault, that they permit these Christmas trees to run races.

janneppi
14th January 2007, 17:16
Will you be going on a similar campaing against the similar Ferrari aero devices too? ;)

ioan
14th January 2007, 17:30
Will you be going on a similar campaing against the similar Ferrari aero devices too? ;)

Done!

VresiBerba
14th January 2007, 18:06
Last years "elephant ears" achieved about the same aero effects but at least were not in a danger to lose the mirrors together with them.
So how many times did these "elephant ears" fall off last year?

ioan
14th January 2007, 18:16
So how many times did these "elephant ears" fall off last year?

The elephant years were not attached exactly like these mirror supports.
Also if we don't see often rear wings flying off every time 2 cars touch it doesn't mean that didn't happen at all.

VresiBerba
14th January 2007, 18:33
Also if we don't see often rear wings flying off every time 2 cars touch it doesn't mean that didn't happen at all.
So what? Mirrors sometimes fall off too, but if the "elephant ears" doesn't fall off more frequent than rear wings or mirrors, I can't see why these would. Also, if you take a look at the BAR from last year, the "elephant ears" was pretty much attached exactly like these. And I didn't see any of those fall off even once.

Besides, your complaint was originally that the mirrors was aero devices and should be banned for that reason, not because they could fall off.

ioan
14th January 2007, 19:01
Besides, your complaint was originally that the mirrors was aero devices and should be banned for that reason, not because they could fall off.

I said their purpose is that of aero devices not that of mirrors, and I also said that they should be banned (but I didn't mention why in that post!).

In the next post I said why they should and could be banned.

PS: I have the same feeling towards Ferrari's similar aero devices.

Big Ben
15th January 2007, 21:14

They are pretty much like the ones Ferarri has? I hope they ll ban them too. For both them.